UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Xbox: A New Generation Revealed - May 21, 2013

4/24/13 6:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

craigystylz - I have both systems to. Was a religious Xbox player. until I discovered all the exclusives that ps3 has . never looked back. I will tune in to see but if the rumours of it always being online are true than they are in trouble. And they better have a great line up right out the pipe . lots of new IP not the same gears of war Or halo. and scrap that kinect garbage that no real hardcore gamers want. That is just my opinion
I, for one like your opinion.

I owe you a vote up Phone Post
4/24/13 6:47 PM
Letibleu
1473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel old...

4/24/13 7:07 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kyle223 - For those who have Xbox Live, check Slickdeals.net for deals on memberships. Instead of auto-renewing my Live membership, I've been able to find 1 yr memberships for $35 on this site.

No what you do is let your subscription run out, and then watch the offers that MS gives you on your dashboard.  Wait a week or two and you will get a $25 membership. 

4/24/13 7:10 PM
BackAndLeft
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
4/24/13 7:17 PM
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

craigystylz - I have both systems to. Was a religious Xbox player. until I discovered all the exclusives that ps3 has . never looked back. I will tune in to see but if the rumours of it always being online are true than they are in trouble. And they better have a great line up right out the pipe . lots of new IP not the same gears of war Or halo. and scrap that kinect garbage that no real hardcore gamers want. That is just my opinion

Playstation can't really say anything about Kinect.  The Move is the weakest motion control device of the bunch.  I enjoy a lot of the exclusives on PS3 for sure.  Uncharted was really good, The Show is the best baseball game around, but when it comes to online multiplatform games (NHL, UFC, Madden, COD, Battlefield, etc,) are all much better on XBOX for many different reasons.  Bigger population, more of an adult population, and the online architecture is much stronger on xbox.

4/24/13 7:18 PM
I am Juan Eli Manning
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll get my Xbox in year 2. After an entire year of red ringing xbox 720s
4/24/13 7:39 PM
ender852
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PlayStation for life, Xbox sucks. Phone Post
4/24/13 7:46 PM
In The Clinch
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saw some XBOX ? stuff on Reddit earlier. Phone Post
4/24/13 7:47 PM
In The Clinch
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In The Clinch - Saw some XBOX ? stuff on Reddit earlier. Phone Post
Supposed to be Infinaty sign, for Xbox Infinite. Phone Post
4/25/13 2:40 AM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never gonna pay Taxes -
I am Juan Eli Manning - I'll get my Xbox in year 2. After an entire year of red ringing xbox 720s

That wont be happening they fixed that issue with the 368 slim
You could be right man but history tells us to be weary. How many ps2's died and were breaking down especially from the first few batches? They said no problems for new ps3 and they had a crap ton of problems. Well the same with the original Xbox units just flat out dying and or erasing things. Microsoft said no worries with the 360 and we all know how long it took to fix those debacles.

Fingers crossed? I think so Phone Post
4/25/13 3:15 AM
fedro
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad Xbox's only last about a year before they stop working Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 3:20 AM
ender852
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRMartin11 - Anyone who has been following info about the XBOX 720 should be aware that a document from microsoft was leaked recently and at the request of microsoft it was removed from a bunch of websites online. It is still quite easy to find, if you want to find it. But I don't want to break any rules of this site (or get sued by microsoft) so here is a link to an article about the leaked document on the xbox 720.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/16/3090944/microsoft-xbox-720-kinect-2-kinect-glasses-doc-leak-rumor

that dox was from 2010, and it was all brainstorming ideas, who knows what was cost effective enough to implement or even technologically feasible
4/25/13 4:48 AM
KingD87
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whose Xbox got Jones or Sonnen? Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 7:19 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

as long as it has minecraft im happy happy happy
4/25/13 9:28 AM
Polar_beatdown
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How long is the xbox's warranty in the US? I heard that it might be quite short. In Finland the warranty is two years. Phone Post
4/25/13 10:05 AM
shermbe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

had my xbox for 4, going on 5 years. no red ring.

i really hope they dont call this thing the Xbox 720.
4/25/13 2:27 PM
UFConXboxLIVE
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xbox, Community Manager
trobinson21 - 
TheCrow13 -
jasonhightower -
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh - 
TheCrow13 - UFC should be on PS3 also. No reason to only offer PPVs on Xbox. Phone Post 3.0

Benefits of paying $50/year for XBL vs not paying anything for PSN.

The truth has been spoken.

So I have to pay to have the privilege to pay for PPVs? Sounds awesome Phone Post 3.0
Yes. What you get from XBox Live is well worth $8 per month. I'd pay $8 for the UFC app alone. Phone Post

Thanks we like to hear that! 

And just an FYI...we just unlocked 7 fight videos for our users to watch

4/25/13 2:35 PM
UFConXboxLIVE
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xbox, Community Manager
JerodR - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
trobinson21 - 
TheCrow13 -
jasonhightower -
TheCrow13 - UFC should be on PS3 also. No reason to only offer PPVs on Xbox. Phone Post 3.0

So I have to pay to have the privilege to pay for PPVs? Sounds awesome Phone Post 3.0
Yes. What you get from XBox Live is well worth $8 per month. I'd pay $8 for the UFC app alone. Phone Post

Yup, I own both a XBOX and PS3, all my online gaming is done on my XBOX.  The online system is much more solid.

Same here.. I won both consoles and the ONLY reason I bought the PS3 was for the Blu Ray. Had the Xbox had Blu Ray instead of HD DVD then the PS3 would have been all but dead by now.

As far as the Pay for the privilege of PPV... You pay for cable, and cable provides PPV. Same deal. However Xbox Live has sooooooo much more. ESPN with TONS of sporting events of just about any kind, plenty of free movies, games, demo's, previews, HBO Go, HULU Plus, NetFlix....just a ton of stuff on Xbox Live to say the least. It is well worth the cost.

When you do get a PPV it is quite interactive, and the picture quality is outstanding. Now if I could just have my Twitter Feed at the Bottom of the PPV screen it would be perfect.

Interesting..we're always looking to make our apps more interactive and to implement more social channels.  With the twitter feed, which feeds would you want to read while watching the fights? Like tweets from @UFC, fighters, media, Dana White and/or insiders like Ariel Helwani?

4/25/13 2:43 PM
BrocksEliteStandUp

Hardware that is 30% weaker than PS4.
Forced online to prevent piracy.
No used / borrowed games.
Forced Kinect 2 integration.
$499 because of said Kinect built in.
$50 per year to play online / use Netflix / web browser / download demos.

I think I will go for PS4 this time around, Microsoft seem to be intent on making the 720, the new Wii lol... Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 4:00 PM
UGCTT croy_00
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BrocksEliteStandUp - Hardware that is 30% weaker than PS4.
Forced online to prevent piracy.
No used / borrowed games.
Forced Kinect 2 integration.
$499 because of said Kinect built in.
$50 per year to play online / use Netflix / web browser / download demos.

I think I will go for PS4 this time around, Microsoft seem to be intent on making the 720, the new Wii lol... Phone Post 3.0

Someone call Microsoft, tell them to cancel the press release. This man has broke the news, despite the news never being officially announced by anyone on Earth.
4/25/13 4:09 PM
Honald_Heagan
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, is this sumbitch going to be "always on," or not?

You can tell me, bro. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 4:31 PM
BrocksEliteStandUp

"Someone call Microsoft, tell them to cancel the press release. This man has broke the news, despite the news never being officially announced by anyone on Earth."

The specs, just like WiiU and PS4 specs have been on tech forums since last Sept / October ;-). Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 4:34 PM
UFConXboxLIVE

Xbox, Community Manager
CRMartin11 - 
UFConXboxLIVE - 
JerodR - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
trobinson21 - 
TheCrow13 -
jasonhightower -

Yup, I own both a XBOX and PS3, all my online gaming is done on my XBOX.  The online system is much more solid.

Same here.. I won both consoles and the ONLY reason I bought the PS3 was for the Blu Ray. Had the Xbox had Blu Ray instead of HD DVD then the PS3 would have been all but dead by now.

As far as the Pay for the privilege of PPV... You pay for cable, and cable provides PPV. Same deal. However Xbox Live has sooooooo much more. ESPN with TONS of sporting events of just about any kind, plenty of free movies, games, demo's, previews, HBO Go, HULU Plus, NetFlix....just a ton of stuff on Xbox Live to say the least. It is well worth the cost.

When you do get a PPV it is quite interactive, and the picture quality is outstanding. Now if I could just have my Twitter Feed at the Bottom of the PPV screen it would be perfect.

Interesting..we're always looking to make our apps more interactive and to implement more social channels.  With the twitter feed, which feeds would you want to read while watching the fights? Like tweets from @UFC, fighters, media, Dana White and/or insiders like Ariel Helwani?

don't listen to this guy Xbox. Fuck Twitter feed on the bottom of the screen. That is some american idiol bullshit. I want to be able to focus on the fight. I would absolutely hate that! Just check your damn phone's twitter.

How about if you had the option to turn it on and off?

4/25/13 4:35 PM
JerodR
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFConXboxLIVE - 
JerodR - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
trobinson21 - 
TheCrow13 -
jasonhightower -

Exactly.. When the fights are on I usually have my Iphone on with Twitter pulled up to interact with the fighters, commentators, Dana...people like that. It is cool being able to talk about the fight, bad judging, or situations that come up in real time. That is part of my regular PPV setup but it would be great to be able to pull up a bar on the bottom (tiker tape) with my live twitter feed and be able to respond.
4/25/13 4:37 PM
UGCTT_NKTKDace

CRMartin11 -
UFConXboxLIVE - 
JerodR - 
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360 - 
trobinson21 - 
TheCrow13 -
jasonhightower -

don't listen to this guy Xbox. Fuck Twitter feed on the bottom of the screen. That is some american idiol bullshit. I want to be able to focus on the fight. I would absolutely hate that! Just check your damn phone's twitter.
I wouldn't mind the Twitter feed BUT make it an option. Not everyone would want it I'm sure. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.