UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Prime Tank VS Prime Roy Nelson

4/24/13 5:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OCMikelob -
Rudi -
Tilla - Nelson is a punch bag. Who has he beaten that's great? Or gone to war with that is a legend?

And fuck does he have better power thank Tank! Arlovski used Cabbages head as a speedball and couldn't KO him. Tank laid him out for nigh-on ten minutes..
You're an idiot. Tank has an mma record of 10-15, he hasnt beaten anyone great in his career. Every great fighter he has fought he lost. Phone Post
See what you started Lazer...hahaha Phone Post 3.0
Im serious, The only notable guys tank has fought were Frank Mir, Vitor Belfort, and Don frye, and he got beaten by all of them. Phone Post
4/24/13 5:19 PM
Tilla

OCMikelob - You know what, I forgot Tank KO'd Cabbage...man Tank is not respected like he should be, for when and what he was! Phone Post 3.0

Agreed.

Tank's power is ridiculous.
4/24/13 5:22 PM
MattyJ
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Roy would take it but don't think it would be a certainty Tank was a big strong guy and Roy's not known for takedowns and Tank can hurt anyone with one punch.

That being said I assume Roy would be able to get it to the may at some point and get a hold of something, would be an interesting watch. Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 5:24 PM
Lazer MMA

Rudi - 
OCMikelob -
Rudi -
Tilla - Nelson is a punch bag. Who has he beaten that's great? Or gone to war with that is a legend?

And fuck does he have better power thank Tank! Arlovski used Cabbages head as a speedball and couldn't KO him. Tank laid him out for nigh-on ten minutes..
You're an idiot. Tank has an mma record of 10-15, he hasnt beaten anyone great in his career. Every great fighter he has fought he lost. Phone Post
Im serious, The only notable guys tank has fought were Frank Mir, Vitor Belfort, and Don frye, and he got beaten by all of them. Phone Post

Dude the fuck! I'm glad Oleg and the Beast (one of my all time favorites) are NOT fuckin notable! Granted he lost to them but Oleg had a gimme first in that tourney prior and that was a war. He went the distance with the Beast as well.

Wait he lost to Rizzo too LOL

Before all the KO's he was a rough MF'er.
4/24/13 5:25 PM
Lazer MMA

zazen br - Roy in a very close fight. Almost a toss up. There was a prime Tank who was a real bad motherfucker with good cardio and TDD. But the sport evolved too much... Phone Post 3.0

Tell this to Rudi LOL
4/24/13 5:40 PM
Pro Ice
1911 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/24/13 5:43 PM

Only a few got to see a prime Tank, Tanks prime was before his UFC fights 25 year old Abbott was a beast!

Tank could bench press 600 lbs! 25 year old Tank was very athletic and pretty fast, he had tremendous power, good wrestling and great cardio

Cabbage had concrete in his head and stuff and was known for having one of the best chins ever in the sport, a waaayyyy past prime Tank KO'd him. I think Tank could KO Nelson if he landed clean 

Prime Tank vs todays Nelson is a close fight imo

There's a chance Nelson avoids a huge one gets the fight to the mat and subs him but there's also the chance Tank lands a big one he might even avoid a takedown or sub or two with his wrestling and Power.  A Big one or two is all it might take

fixed

4/24/13 5:50 PM
Lazer MMA

Pro Ice - 

Only a few got to see a prime Tank, Tanks prime was before his UFC fights 25 year old Abbott was a beast!

Tank could bench press 600 lbs! 25 year old Tank was very athletic and pretty fast, he had tremendous power, good wrestling and great cardio

Cabbage had concrete in his head and stuff and was known for having one of the best chins ever in the sport, a waaayyyy past prime Tank KO'd him. I think Tank could KO Nelson if he landed clean 

There's a chance Nelson avoids a huge one gets the fight to the mat and subs him but there's also the chance Tank lands a big one he might even avoid a takedown or sub or two with his wrestling and Power.  A Big one or two is all it might take

fixed

VTFU Ice

This is why your on my friends list bro. Nice post
4/24/13 6:01 PM
Truemanc3
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy
4/24/13 6:07 PM
OCMikelob
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Truemanc3 - Roy
No name calling, no dumbass response...just straight up! VU! Also VU to Lazer for the thread, I like it... Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 6:10 PM
Lazer MMA

OCMikelob - 
Truemanc3 - Roy
No name calling, no dumbass response...just straight up! VU! Also VU to Lazer for the thread, I like it... Phone Post 3.0

TY man, would be a great fight IMO.
4/24/13 6:10 PM
CLINTK9
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
Rudi - 
OCMikelob -
Rudi -

Dude the fuck! I'm glad Oleg and the Beast (one of my all time favorites) are NOT fuckin notable! Granted he lost to them but Oleg had a gimme first in that tourney prior and that was a war. He went the distance with the Beast as well.

both Oleg & Frye had fixed fights before they fought Tank. And Tank fought Frank Mir just after his mom died. he asked UFC to let him out of the fight, but they wanted him and had him on posters and shit and got him to do it.

Oleg
Severn
Frye
Belfort
Smith
Rizzo
Mir
Yoshida
Kimo
Cabbage
Kimbo
4/24/13 6:20 PM
OCMikelob
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -
OCMikelob - 
Truemanc3 - Roy

TY man, would be a great fight IMO.
Yuuuuuuup Phone Post 3.0
4/24/13 6:31 PM
Rudi

CLINTK9 -
Lazer MMA - 
Rudi - 
OCMikelob -
Rudi -

both Oleg & Frye had fixed fights before they fought Tank. And Tank fought Frank Mir just after his mom died. he asked UFC to let him out of the fight, but they wanted him and had him on posters and shit and got him to do it.

Oleg
Severn
Frye
Belfort
Smith
Rizzo
Mir
Yoshida
Kimo
Cabbage
Kimbo
Ehh, tyson fought a week or two after burying a friend, Ian Mccall fought even though his wife told him she was divorcing him a day before the weigh ins, buster douglas fought and beat tyson right after his mother died. It happens. No doubt tank was a tough mother fucker and he would probably take that fight right now, but he was only a brawler and he would be beaten by Roy past or present. Phone Post
4/24/13 7:25 PM
Lazer MMA

Tank via smash to head
4/24/13 7:33 PM
OiKing

Tank's UFC prime was during a time when a few guys were athletes and the rest were glorified toughman competitor. You can't compare that to someone like Nelson who competes in the UFC that is now at the pinnacle of a legit sport.
4/24/13 7:40 PM
Gin Tonic
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huge Tank fan and always rooted for him, but I think Roy would take this pretty easily. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 1:07 AM
CLINTK9
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the somewhat in shape Tank that fought Hugo Duarte would give Nelson some trouble. and if Roy bangs with him he could go down just like cabbage did. but out of 10, Roy takes this more often.
4/25/13 7:54 AM
CHiLLEN
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jimbonice - Roy all day long. Phone Post
Yep. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 8:04 AM
Jacob Lamb
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GaryColeman - Only a crackhead would pick Tank. Phone Post 3.0

4/25/13 8:09 AM
Dirty Harry
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla - Roy ain't taking Tank down.

Prime Tank was a vicious motherfucker with LEGIT one shot KO power.

He'd break Roy's face..
Hmm...

Did you miss the JDS fight? Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 8:17 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 04/25/13 8:17 AM

TTT
4/25/13 8:19 AM
Lazer MMA

Pro Ice - 

fixed

Worth a repost because he's about 100X the poster of the average UG'er at least!

Just bleed baby. This is a fun thread about a theoretical fight I'd really liked to see. No need to stress.
4/25/13 8:22 AM
Ramon Maroni

Roy and it wouldnt be close
4/25/13 8:27 AM
FreakDaddy
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Tank too, but he is one of the most overrated fighters in UFC history.......Roy beats him 10 out of 10 times.....Not sure how this is close.....Roy has better grappling, striking, and cardio......Plus he has a great chin and he actually trains.....
4/25/13 8:34 AM
Chemmy

Tank was awesome to watch in his day, but in modern MMA he would've had very little success.

Roy Nelson, easily. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.