UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Mouthguard question

4/29/13 2:37 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SC MMA MD
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RearNakedToke - How much does it cost to get your teeth imprinted? I have insurance and my friend is the manager at Western Dental so I think he could hook me up with a deal, so what would a deal cost? I need a new piece bad because my crappy boil mouthpiece is about done.

Gladiator will send you a kit to make your own impressions. It is very easy to use and the instructions were easy to follow. No one I know has had trouble doing it. Phone Post 3.0
4/29/13 2:53 PM
dentalninja
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gladiator makes a good mouthguard...for $75 you get a very similar product compared to what I charge almost $200 for.

Hell, my lab charges me more than $75 for a professionally-made guard.

Most of the time if a patient requests a good mouthguard, I refer them to Gladiator and then have them come in to my office so that I can check & see that it fits properly. It saves the patient money and I feel like it's a good service for the patient.

Some dentists charge $300-$1,000 for sports mouthguards. I don't know how they sleep at night.
4/29/13 3:30 PM
CoreNobody
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A custom is the only/best way to go,better for your teeth as well as concussion protection.
I have two Bite Me Mouthguards,and the fit is perfect.I have a thick one for bjj,and a thicker one for sparring.I can breathe fine with either,and it doesn't fall out,I also don't have to take it out when I'm talking.

I have nothing but good to say about them. Phone Post 3.0
4/29/13 4:45 PM
Tru
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos

headed to the post office in 20 mins....last chance i will send one more out...send me your name, mailing address and two styles from revgear website 

4/29/13 4:57 PM
Sugarfoot
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT, someone better get on this...I believe mine is already taken care of! Thanks again and VTFU! Phone Post 3.0
4/29/13 5:03 PM
Tru
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Click For MMA Videos

ok i'm headed out..two people e-mailed, both wanted the rising sun design enjoy them guys.

4/29/13 5:21 PM
Leghound
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ My guess is the Korean Zombie was not one of those two people

4/29/13 5:37 PM
LeftLowKick
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chrisbaker -  Damn I've been using the boil n bites this whole time guess its time to start saving up for a custom piece sounds like it's worth it. Phone Post

participating in high contact sport with a boil and bite is like a guy with a 4" dong wearing a magnum to sleep with a $20 hooker... it's possible that you may not catch anything, but for such a low cost to get the right thing, there's no reason to risk it...

a boil and bite is definitely better than nothing, but there are so many factors in a boil and bite that make it a lesser product or option. When you have a professionally made mouth guard, you know it's going to fit and protect you the best that a mouth guard can.
4/29/13 6:28 PM
chrisbaker

Tru -

ok i'm headed out..two people e-mailed, both wanted the rising sun design enjoy them guys.

Damn missed you just barely oh well thanks for the offer nonetheless i appreciate it, fren. :) Phone Post
4/29/13 6:31 PM
chrisbaker

LeftLowKick -
chrisbaker -  Damn I've been using the boil n bites this whole time guess its time to start saving up for a custom piece sounds like it's worth it. Phone Post

participating in high contact sport with a boil and bite is like a guy with a 4" dong wearing a magnum to sleep with a $20 hooker... it's possible that you may not catch anything, but for such a low cost to get the right thing, there's no reason to risk it...

a boil and bite is definitely better than nothing, but there are so many factors in a boil and bite that make it a lesser product or option. When you have a professionally made mouth guard, you know it's going to fit and protect you the best that a mouth guard can.
Lol thx for the advice whats your opinion on the gladiator everyones been talking about for 75? Phone Post
4/29/13 7:01 PM
dentalninja
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My God. This forum has gone to hell in a handbasket.

I have tried to give good advice.

I'm out guys. Have fun.
4/29/13 7:06 PM
icedog11
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gladiator Mouthguards, president/principle

lol thanks dentalninja for the good words 9 out of 10 dentist is no longer enough

4/29/13 10:26 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub!

Thanks for the input from dentalninja, Ive been told for awhile that I should get a custom guard, been saving up for awhile. I've had the Gladiator I want picked out for awhile but times are tough.
4/29/13 11:15 PM
Sugarfoot
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

icedog11 -

lol thanks dentalninja for the good words 9 out of 10 dentist is no longer enough

Based on the good doctors recommendation, I'm looking to order a custom. Do you have any current promo codes that you would like to share? Thanks for the advice! Phone Post 3.0
4/29/13 11:43 PM
LeftLowKick
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04/29/13 11:47 PM
chrisbaker - 
LeftLowKick -
chrisbaker - 

Damn I've been using the boil n bites this whole time guess its time to start saving up for a custom piece sounds like it's worth it. Phone Post

Lol thx for the advice whats your opinion on the gladiator everyones been talking about for 75? Phone Post

from what i understand, both gladiator and jawz make good products. based on pure recommendations from other users, if i were ordering one, i would probably go gladiator....

i have my lab make me a new mouth guard about every 6 months (i am a chewer), but will probably end up ordering a gladiator, just because they can do all the custom design work.. i have even thought about having them contract out some work for my practice, as i get a lot of teenagers making requests for the high end design type work...

that being said.. you can't go wrong with either..they are both reputable companies with great track records as far as i can see...

for the sake of your mouth and your brain, do it asap....
4/29/13 11:56 PM
SC MMA MD
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ if you are a chewer, gladiator has an option called "raptor" you can add to your mouth guard that makes it more dense and is specifically designed for chewers. I doubt you could chew through it in six months even if you tried Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 4:53 AM
Devastator81

How do I DM ingrained media if we're not friends or a pro ?
Help guys !!! Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 9:59 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

ttt for Ingrained

4/30/13 10:15 AM
Devastator81

Cyril Jeff -

ttt for Ingrained

Thanks bro , but I've scanned this thread and clearly i must be an idiot cos I can't find an info to help.
I can't DM them ... Any other pointers would be appreciated Phone Post 3.0
4/30/13 10:36 AM
icedog11
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gladiator Mouthguards, president/principle

Like our facebook page I expect there will be a disount offer post there this week

4/30/13 1:44 PM
UGCTT_Roadkill
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never had a Gladiator piece but I've had 2 Jawzz ones and love them. The previous comments about the high end ones are correct in that it's just more artwork. A basic one is less expensive, and one with their logo is the least expensive. If you go through an independent distributor you can get a high end for basic price. Just so happens I am one if anyone is interested. Anyone can be one though just fyi. It ends up being $105 total for a high end (or basic) piece and that covers shipping of the mold to you and back to them and then shipping of the actual piece once completed. Regardless of what company you choose it's definitely worth it. Just to reiterate it's easier to breathe and talk with and just more comfortable. In fact I can't run/workout at all without one now it just feels weird and I seem to take bigger breaths and get tired faster. Phone Post
4/30/13 3:33 PM
BALLSDEEP
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where's a good place to get a custom double-sided mouthgaurd? I like having all my teeth covered, not just the top.
4/30/13 5:27 PM
homieCNTRL
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Devastator81 - 
Cyril Jeff -

ttt for Ingrained

Thanks bro , but I've scanned this thread and clearly i must be an idiot cos I can't find an info to help.
I can't DM them ... Any other pointers would be appreciated Phone Post 3.0

Having the same problem...
4/30/13 7:07 PM
UGCTT_Roadkill
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Add him as a friend? Phone Post
4/30/13 7:11 PM
Kimura606
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I cant wait to try it out! Thanks Tru! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.