UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The Warrior Diet (Rousey's Diet)

4/25/13 3:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FriendZoned
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive done some research but I am skeptical about everything I read online. I was wondering if anyone has had first hand experience with the one large meal a day diet.

I am a personal trainer, and the Warrior Diet pretty much goes against everything I was ever taught about nutrition...

Thanks! Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 3:58 AM
LEMon
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've heard a few people like it just don't know how it makes sense scientifically Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 4:03 AM
brahmabull81
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been doing it for almost a year. I might eat small 90-140 calorie snacks every few hours just to trick my stomach into thinking its been truly fed, but overall I only eat at night about 3-4 hours before bed.

Ive lost about 100 pounds since last May. I was at 276 and now hover around 170-175 depending on the day

One thing people are probably worried about is not having the energy that they would under a normal diet. I have enough energy to run at 2-6 miles a day (even after an 8-10 hour work day) and lift every other day.... so its not really true (at least for me).
4/25/13 4:04 AM
BravoPUA
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A friend gave me some of the whey protein. Tasted amazing! Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 4:14 AM
catbath
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I practice one big meal a day for most of the week (4-5 days). I love it, but I honestly don't know how someone training (and burning calories) at a professional level would do it.  I am pretty athletic and have roughly 12-14 percent body fat, but only workout five days a week at less than an hour a session (high-intensity cardio/resistance training). The 2-3 feeding days are crucial for me to maintain my weight.

4/25/13 4:31 AM
Karl Olsson
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes ive tried the warrior diet, but keep in mind warrior diet and intermittent fasting is not the same, warrior diet has a set of rules and intermittent fasting is basically fast a large part of the day, or eat once a day, and IF is where most of my experience is.

For someone who works out quite alot(3-6 days a week, Muay thai, strength and cardio, etc) it has been working quite well. For the strength workouts i feel just as strong or not stronger while doing them on an empty stomach. I have been supplementing with BCAA before, during and after workouts as well, but no whey.

For the Thaiboxing and for example Running i seem to be able to perform better if i have some carbs before, if this is true or maybe its all in my head i can not tell for sure, the margin is so small.

For me IF has been a way to really care about what i eat, i eat two big plates a day, one salad and one plate with protein and carbs. You see, when i eat during all of the day i just eat like whatever i get my hands on, but now when i eat just two times a day i really think about getting a good source of protein and proper carbs and oh the salad i would probably not even eat if i ate all day, but now i am so hungry when it comes to my first meal(the salad) so i will down it and i love the avocados, spinach, tomatos, beans, cottage cheese, etc.

I seem to have leaned out some while i started with this diet but i cant tell for sure since no tests have been done and i dont keep a look at my weight at all. What i do know is that i feel really good doing it, and my hard earned muscles have not gone to shit LoL :p

This is probably not for everyone, like the missus who have trouble with stomach acids and need to eat small meals every hour to not feel the burn in her throat and etc. And i used to be the guy that got really cranky when i didnt get to eat whenever i felt hungry but my food cravings have mostly disappeared.

Theese are just my experiences and i am in no way knowledgeable in nutrition and diet i am just an interested guy that likes to experience.

Cheers!
4/25/13 5:43 AM
Jo'donnell-Davies
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

coconut water, kale shakes, alpha brain and tofu is all you need

4/25/13 6:17 AM
1armedScissor
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Herschell Walker only eats once a day. And he only eats soup too. Phone Post
4/25/13 7:16 AM
Rox19
493 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get super cranky and tired if I don't eat something every 4 hours... Phone Post
4/25/13 7:31 AM
LEMon
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rox19 is that because you are coming down from your first meal? Just a thought Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 7:43 AM
LEMon

Btw that was just a guess as I've never done the diet Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 8:04 AM
Pale Rider

I've been following the WD for years now. It's become a lifestyle for me, mainly b/c it's just so damn convenient. Now with that being said, I am not the least bit scared to break the diet when the occasion calls for it. If I'm out with my wife & she wants to stop somewhere & grab some lunch, I'm gonna eat too & it's gonna be whatever I want off the menu, I'm just not that OCD. It's really what you do the MAJORITY of the time that matters, breaking diet for a day or sometimes even two a week is not gonna kill you.

I will say this: If you are a hard training athlete, make sure you get PLENTY of complex carbs at your over-feeding meal. On the WD, your body will learn to become a carb sponge & those carbs consumed in that meal will easily keep glycogen levels up for the next 24 hours. I also like to have an amino acid drink before my workout, whether it be weights or MMA.

Not a world class athlete by any means, but here's a recent picture of me at 185 lbs: http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n547/JRHillJR/008.jpg
4/25/13 8:04 AM
Pale Rider

Edited: 04/25/13 8:33 AM
I've been following the WD for years now. It's become a lifestyle for me, mainly b/c it's just so damn convenient. Now with that being said, I am not the least bit scared to break the diet when the occasion calls for it. If I'm out with my wife & she wants to stop somewhere & grab some lunch, I'm gonna eat too & it's gonna be whatever I want off the menu, I'm just not that OCD. It's really what you do the MAJORITY of the time that matters, breaking diet for a day or sometimes even two a week is not gonna kill you.<br /><br />I will say this: If you are a hard training athlete, make sure you get PLENTY of complex carbs at your over-feeding meal. On the WD, your body will learn to become a carb sponge & those carbs consumed in that meal will easily keep glycogen levels up for the next 24 hours. I also like to have an amino acid drink before my workout, whether it be weights or MMA.

Pic of me at about 185:
4/25/13 8:14 AM
U4EA
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For Pale Rider...

4/25/13 8:25 AM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
4/25/13 8:26 AM
Just_Scrap
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Made me feel like shit... After a year and a half of paleo I'll never try anything else. I'm in the best shape of my life and couldn't imagine eating any other way. Phone Post 3.0
4/25/13 8:32 AM
Pale Rider

Edited: 04/25/13 8:34 AM
double post
4/25/13 8:45 AM
U4EA
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pale Rider,

Have you found the WD has any affect on your libido? I have heard people report they get horny after their over-eating meal.
4/25/13 8:51 AM
shaqitup
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1armedScissor -  Herschell Walker only eats once a day. And he only eats soup too. Phone Post

yes and for the rest of the day he does like 10 million pushups.

4/25/13 9:04 AM
Pale Rider

Edited: 04/25/13 9:05 AM
<blockquote>U4EA - Pale Rider,<br /><br />Have you found the WD has any affect on your libido? I have heard people report they get horny after their over-eating meal.</blockquote><br />To be honest with you, the period following my over-eating meal is my LEAST favorite time of the day. I just pretty much want to go o sleep. I'll usually save my shower for after my big meal b/c it helps perk me back up.<br /><br />But to answer your question, no.
4/25/13 1:04 PM
comeacrossclean
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
4/25/13 1:06 PM
U4EA

BTW, forum member 'CharlesTRose' has done blogs about the WD on his youtube channel. Really good stuff. And I like this attitude and approach in general.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlesTRose/videos?query=warrior
4/25/13 2:26 PM
Karl Olsson
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U4EA - BTW, forum member 'CharlesTRose' has done blogs about the WD on his youtube channel. Really good stuff. And I like this attitude and approach in general.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlesTRose/videos?query=warrior

Cheers i will check it out !
4/25/13 3:13 PM
WOOFticket
374 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In to lose some weight Phone Post
4/25/13 3:33 PM
The Paragon
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jo'donnell-Davies -

coconut water, kale shakes, alpha brain and tofu is all you need

You had me till tofu...soy is soo bad for your body Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.