UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fights for Boston?

5/1/13 7:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jack Brown
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Chael vs. Vanderlei could headline. Phone Post
5/1/13 7:37 PM
John M
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They should put Bendo vs winner of Grant/Gray, cause that wouldn't be a very big ppv draw. Put Chael/Wand as co-main and then put Joe Lauzon vs Nate Diaz on there!!!
5/1/13 7:48 PM
ABE FROMAN
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can we please stop acting like Chael fights are the only thing available? Do we really need 3 more months of trash talk? We just got a years worth. Phone Post
5/1/13 7:55 PM
McBottery
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - Can we please stop acting like Chael fights are the only thing available? Do we really need 3 more months of trash talk? We just got a years worth. Phone Post
Yes. Yes we do. Phone Post
5/1/13 7:57 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless that undercard is one of the best ever, I'm not buying a ppv headlined by that fight. It would be good for Fox Sports 1/2 or Fx or Fuel though. Phone Post
5/1/13 8:10 PM
Jack Brown
415 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - Unless that undercard is one of the best ever, I'm not buying a ppv headlined by that fight. It would be good for Fox Sports 1/2 or Fx or Fuel though. Phone Post
That's exactly what it is. Hence no belt likely. It's the launch of Fox Sports 1. Phone Post
5/1/13 8:12 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

If i got to see Wandy fight live in my home state it would be a dream cone true:) Phone Post 3.0
5/1/13 8:15 PM
Jack Brown

iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz - If i got to see Wandy fight live in my home state it would be a dream cone true:) Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post
5/1/13 8:15 PM
JShad

Machida vs Gus
Healy vs Gil

5/1/13 8:20 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lauzon vs Healy
Pearson vs Varner

Someone said Wandy-Chael which would be a good main event
5/1/13 8:21 PM
Pancake Syrup

Gonzaga and Lawlor will probably be on that card as well
5/1/13 9:27 PM
Jack Brown

Ttt Phone Post
5/1/13 10:56 PM
damnyouwoman14
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see this match up headlining a ppv or the FS1 card. Especially since Dana said this would be the best TV card. Gotta have a champ headlining. Phone Post
5/1/13 10:58 PM
ABE FROMAN

McBottery - 
ABE FROMAN - Can we please stop acting like Chael fights are the only thing available? Do we really need 3 more months of trash talk? We just got a years worth. Phone Post
Yes. Yes we do. Phone Post

5/1/13 11:01 PM
MRG1
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP vs Hendricks will be the main event.
Chael vs Wandy could co main Phone Post
5/2/13 9:07 AM
Jack Brown

MRG1 - GSP vs Hendricks will be the main event.
Chael vs Wandy could co main Phone Post
I wish, but... I think GSP is PPV only at this point. I think the most Boston can hope for is a #1 contenders fight, a superfight (not involving current champs), or a novelty (new weight class in mens or womens debuted or legend comes out of retirement) Phone Post
5/2/13 9:33 AM
Jack Brown

Willy the Coyote - "I'm telling you, it's going to be the best television card we've ever done," White said. "FOX has big, crazy plans for that week."

Fox will want to make a big splash. This is one of the events to help launch their network they want to rival ESPN. Phone Post
I'm with you. I'll be at the fights. The problem is that Dana says lots of things, as he should. This was last week regarding GSP:

"He's going to have to get his head into it," White told MMAjunkie.com
 (www.mmajunkie.com). "That's who he's going to fight.

"If he doesn't want to do a superfight, nobody's going to pressure him to do a superfight. That's up to him. But Johny Hendricks is next – and soon. He's next and soon. "Soon, soon". Maybe in August."

White gave no other details for the fight, though he didn't fully rule out the possibility it could be part of the debut UFC on FOX Sports 1 card in Boston on Aug. 17. However, with St-Pierre reigning as the UFC's top pay-per-view draw, his future fights are likely to come with a $55 price tag, not on free TV. Phone Post
5/2/13 10:01 AM
Pride Wanderlei

1) When do tickets go on sale?

2) I hope Gunnar Nelson and Conor McGregor are on the card Phone Post 3.0
5/2/13 11:03 AM
Freddie Gavaria
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pride Wanderlei - 1) When do tickets go on sale?

2) I hope Gunnar Nelson and Conor McGregor are on the card Phone Post 3.0

1.I think they typically put their tickets on sale 7-8 weeks before a card.

2.Dana has pretty much confirmed McGregor will be on this card, not sure about Gunnar though.
5/2/13 4:47 PM
Freddie Gavaria
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt
5/14/13 11:29 AM
Jack Brown

So we got chael vs. wanderlei, matt brown vs. thiago alves, and joe lauzon vs. michael johnson. Anybody heard of any other matchups? Phone Post
5/14/13 12:12 PM
Jack Brown

Reschedule the Proctor vs. Iaquinta fight from 159 for this card? Phone Post
5/15/13 2:45 PM
Jack Brown

Cormier says he wants to fight on this card. Phone Post
5/15/13 3:05 PM
MMABaseball

Charles vs wanderlei isn't confirmed. But I think the Gus vs machida fight makes perfect sense Phone Post
5/15/13 3:24 PM
MMABaseball

Chael* Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.