UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Meltzer: Silva v. Sonnen targeted for FS1 debut

5/2/13 4:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Theonlyvivid
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lessphilling - Would be awesome to see Wanderlei fight live for my first time, but this being the main fight would be absolute garbage! Especially since the last time UFC came to Boston they put a 0-0 MMA fighter in the main event.

Comain...Edgar and Penn 2 was the main.
5/2/13 4:40 PM
Lessphilling
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^right you are, my bad.

Still hoping for a much better card this time around.
5/2/13 6:08 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
369 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zed Wayne Zed -
PeaceThroughStrength - 
nyhcloyalty - 
Zed Wayne Zed - I feel bad for up-and-coming fighters who bleed and suffer and fight in crappy venues for a sniff at the "great honour" of fighting for five grand on a UFC Facebook prelim.

Meanwhile, Sonnen gets gifted, most likely, another big money fight, headlining a HUGE Tv debut, coming off three losses.

And the army of the simple guffaw at anything that graces his Twitter.

Can we have some f**cking fights that matter in that slot?
Carlos Condit?
Gustaffson?
Josh Thompson?

Relax man, it's only preliminary talks and no one else has been mentioned for the card. Starting a card out and the first fight mentioned is Wand vs Chael? I'm in! Phone Post 3.0

Sonnen was once a up and coming fighter.Like him or not,he had to work his ass off in order to make it to where he is.Once he got there he chose to speak up and separate himself from the pack.He just like every other fighter chose to fight for a living,Some make it some don't.Life isn't fair.
Yes it does suck that not all fighters will make millions and headline a UFC card,but what does that have to do with Sonnen? Should he not accept the fights that are offered too him?
Should he not try to make the most out of what little time he has to make money fighting?

Would you volunteer for a pay cut and demotion at work in order for a new employee to take your spot and make more money then you?

I think what bothers me about Sonnen is he has opened the door and set out the blueprint for something that most people would not be able to do.

I think he is great at what he does in terms of promo, but I am predicting a contingent of lunkers in the coming years trying to replicate this promo-surge en masse, but with much lower-IQ's, quick wit, and charisma

In a way I am complimenting him, but only so far.

I guess I hope we see a lot more GSP, Cain, JDS, types as we move along, all-business winners, over loud-mouthed middling talents.

But at the end of the day, I am not a fighter.
I don't fight for a living, so this is only an opinion from a fan.

The surge is here.

Where did you think Matt Mitrione and the Mitrione Minute came from?

The Chael Sonnen school of self promotion.

The surge of guys cutting promos and talking is like a bunch of morning zoo radio disc jockeys from 1986 all trying to be zanier than the next guy in order to stand out. Phone Post
5/2/13 6:46 PM
John M
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/02/13 6:49 PM
I expect the LW title of Bendo and Grant/Gray, with Chael/Wand as co-main. Lauzon vs hopefully Nate Diaz as the third fight, and round the card out with McGregor.
5/2/13 6:50 PM
dfw jr
1723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Literally none of that is true. Chael doesn't know if he's going to continue to fight or retire. He told me him and Wandy have a legit beef with each other but doesn't know if he's gonna keep fighting and we don't EVER tell fighters what's to say. Anderson has never even been mentioned to fight on the launch of FOX Sports 1 Phone Post
5/2/13 7:43 PM
Lessphilling
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr -  Literally none of that is true. Chael doesn't know if he's going to continue to fight or retire. He told me him and Wandy have a legit beef with each other but doesn't know if he's gonna keep fighting and we don't EVER tell fighters what's to say. Anderson has never even been mentioned to fight on the launch of FOX Sports 1 Phone Post

Well I'm fucking psyched and am saving up for tix already. Any fights booked yet? Are you aiming at a bigger event than 100?
5/2/13 7:50 PM
dannyapodaca
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wont watch Phone Post
5/2/13 8:11 PM
DoomFarmer
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epwar - 

Yes, let's make sure to bury this fight on a channel where only 175,000 people will tune in.

Here it goes...
5/2/13 9:56 PM
AllAmericanBoxing
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The biggest card ever on free tv you say? Brock vs Kimbo!!! Make that shit happen haha. Phone Post
5/2/13 10:27 PM
MRG1
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Again, I will say. Gsp vs Hendricks for the main in Boston.. Phone Post
5/2/13 10:30 PM
MRG1

Annnd, I will fucking be there.! Phone Post
5/2/13 11:16 PM
That Guy Over There

Edited: 05/02/13 11:17 PM
"Literally none of that is true. Chael doesn't know if he's going to continue to fight or retire. He told me him and Wandy have a legit beef with each other but doesn't know if he's gonna keep fighting and we don't EVER tell fighters what's to say. Anderson has never even been mentioned to fight on the launch of FOX Sports 1" http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/436944/Sonnen-Im-not-retiring-Im-36-years-old-I-have-a-lot-of-goals/ Seems like he's decided now
5/3/13 9:31 AM
nyhcloyalty
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mix6APlix - Not a fan of this match up. I don't want to see Silva get wrestlefucked. Plus something smells like the UFC thinks Silva is getting punchy and don't want to give him a good striker. Nothing I like about this fight.
He just fought Brian Stann, who hits harder than a freight train lol I don't think that is true at all. Wand doughty Stann, Leben, and scheduled to fight Vitor.. They are in no way protecting him. Phone Post 3.0
5/3/13 9:50 AM
Y2JB

Should be a good fight, could go either way. Also they obviously genuinely don't like each other which is always fun.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.