UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Leonard Garcia among profiles removed from UFC.com

5/8/13 9:07 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1032 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The Master List of active fighters on UFC.com saw nine names removed this week, including Leonard Garcia. This is usually a sign that the fighters have been released from their contract.
•Antonio Carvalho
•Reuben Duran
•Leonard Garcia
•Pablo Garza
•Kurt Holobaugh
•Justin Lawrence
•Bart Palaszewsk
•Sam Sicilia
•Issei Tamura

Thanks to BloodyElbow for the information.

5/8/13 9:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He practically begged Dana for another chance after Halloway beat him. Phone Post
5/8/13 9:11 AM
JoeMimic
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn sucks about Bartimus but he hasn't performed well as of late.
5/8/13 9:18 AM
Paquet90
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YES the day has come that Leonard Garcia has been cut i still dont agree with the Antonio Carvalho cut but he will be back.
5/8/13 9:22 AM
sacredhate
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Garza?

that guy is an exciting fighter...hope he gets another shot even those he's had a bit of a rough go
5/8/13 9:25 AM
Malvert the Janitor
787 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Kongo prove this isn't always accurate? Or did I miss the official announcement? Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 9:33 AM
cantuna4u
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sucks for Garcia. Doubt he will be back anytime soon.
No on Carvalho.
Yes on everyone else.
Cant wait to eee Bart in Bellator tourney. Phone Post
5/8/13 9:38 AM
zebers3
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - Didn't Kongo prove this isn't always accurate? Or did I miss the official announcement? Phone Post 3.0

I feel like the fact that all of these guys are prelim fighters coming off of losses, they are unlikely to be renegotiating their contracts.

All of these cuts are pretty fair, imo. Would like to see Carvalho stay though.
5/8/13 9:38 AM
APunkGotPunkdByThePunk
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bart n garza stay Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 9:49 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bye bye Leonard.

hope you find a nice accounting job or bullriding gig
5/8/13 9:50 AM
Tkelly647
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

zebers3 - 
Malvert the Janitor - Didn't Kongo prove this isn't always accurate? Or did I miss the official announcement? Phone Post 3.0

I feel like the fact that all of these guys are prelim fighters coming off of losses, they are unlikely to be renegotiating their contracts.

All of these cuts are pretty fair, imo. Would like to see Carvalho stay though.

Kurt Holobaugh was edged in a really great debut and got cut. For me that's just not fair, it was a really entertaining fight and part of that was to do with him, I genuinely thought it deserved a shot at FOTN, problem is people don't watch first fight on the card. Apart from that I agree.

Also, For christs sake why is it even Garcia in the title of this thread, he hasn't had a win that one judge didn't give to his opponent since he beat Pulver 12 fights ago, his cut isn't notable, because it had to be done, he got dominated as well and his lack of fight made the crowd boo. If you can't win a fight outright with 12 chances you need to get gone.
5/8/13 10:14 AM
Chimp Strength
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Surprised they cut Holobaugh after that. Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 10:15 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How the hell do they cut Sicilia after the fight he had with Maximo Blanco? That is BS.

5/8/13 11:10 AM
DezzNutzz
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feel bad for Leonard, he would leave it all in the cage. Phone Post
5/8/13 11:15 AM
LBoutin
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Carvalho didn't deserve to be cut. 2-2 with a quick stoppage loss in his last fight. You never know these days I guess. Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 11:16 AM
njbIII
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holobaugh should not be cut his last two fights he went the distance with Healy on like 10 days notice and he fought siler on short notice also.. A full camp and some veteran training partners he can beat many 45's Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 11:25 AM
patinho
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm heartbroken. I really wanted to get another shot out there. I feel for all the fighters that got cut.

I've been involved in this sport professionally for over 10 years. Before it was "cool" to do UFC :) The FW rankings stem back from when I started competing in Shooto years ago. So I am very proud to be a part of that.

I travelled all over the world trying to fight the best guys to establish the division. Mma was not legal where I lived. I basically lived under the poverty line and fought the toughest guys for very little money. That said, it was my choice and I loved living that life

I wish I was more consistent with my performances. Injuries and life some times take effect and things don't always go as planned. Alas, so I digress...

On a positive note, people within the community have sent me so many positive messages. It's been pretty awesome. Don't know what I'm going to do now. Need some time to figure things out.

Antonio Carvalho
5/8/13 11:31 AM
1BL0Wko
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

patinho - I'm heartbroken. I really wanted to get another shot out there. I feel for all the fighters that got cut.

I've been involved in this sport professionally for over 10 years. Before it was "cool" to do UFC :) The FW rankings stem back from when I started competing in Shooto years ago. So I am very proud to be a part of that.

I travelled all over the world trying to fight the best guys to establish the division. Mma was not legal where I lived. I basically lived under the poverty line and fought the toughest guys for very little money. That said, it was my choice and I loved living that life

I wish I was more consistent with my performances. Injuries and life some times take effect and things don't always go as planned. Alas, so I digress...

On a positive note, people within the community have sent me so many positive messages. It's been pretty awesome. Don't know what I'm going to do now. Need some time to figure things out.

Antonio Carvalho

best of luck. vu.
5/8/13 11:33 AM
The Underground Store
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

patinho - I'm heartbroken. I really wanted to get another shot out there. I feel for all the fighters that got cut.

Antonio Carvalho

One of the best posts I ever read on the UG.

5/8/13 11:39 AM
UGCTT_FryedTakayama
773 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

patinho - I'm heartbroken. I really wanted to get another shot out there. I feel for all the fighters that got cut.

Antonio Carvalho
Thank you for posting! Hopefully you rack up some wins and you get called back. You deserve to be in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 11:40 AM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm really disappointed with Holobaugh's pending release, I thought he showed miles of heart in his last fight and I lobbied for it to be FON. I'm still a fan.

I'm surprised by the pending release of Justin Lawrence, he showed A LOT of promise on TUF, hopefully he can gain some quality wins outside of the UFC and return stronger. Remember, he's only 22 years old and has a bright future ahead of him.
5/8/13 11:44 AM
Malvert the Janitor
787 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heart goes out to you, Antonio. Stay positive. Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 11:52 AM
MasterofMartialArts
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

patinho - I'm heartbroken. I really wanted to get another shot out there. I feel for all the fighters that got cut.

Antonio Carvalho
Damn man. Many guys would have given up their dream living under the poverty line for so long, but you didn't. There's no reason for you to stop following it now. Best of luck to you man, I hope you figure it out. Phone Post 3.0
5/8/13 12:17 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can accept the cuts. Afterall its a part of teh sport.

I just wish the UFC would employ the proper methods of notifying these guys and their fans.

5/8/13 12:41 PM
mmavixen
1112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Antonio Carvalho

Amazing post.

I always loved watching you fight.  Hope to see you fighting again, if that's what you desire.

VTFU

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.