UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones: Don't mess with an MMA fighter

5/10/13 3:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
flashgetman
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this isn't the WWE !! JBJ is no Big Show !!

has boxing become some kind of mystical TMA ? does PBF has some kind of dim mak touch paired with his (excellent, no question about it...) boxing ??
now the boxer who never knocks anyone his size out is supposed to knock the hell of a genetic freak whose chin has never been an issue and who is twice his size...

if floyd was at 205 or at least a big 185er, with the same skills as he's now, jones wouldn't have any chance in a boxing match!! but even then he (pbf) would get his ass kicked in mma...
5/10/13 3:30 PM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ali steps up to the ring against wrestler Gorilla Monsoon to boast his boxing skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX3kucj_b_8

LOL. "Muhammad Ali is going to commit suicide here"

Just for fun boys. Boxing.................
5/10/13 3:31 PM
ShawnTheBadger
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSPsShadyHandWraps - 
ShawnTheBadger - 
GSPsShadyHandWraps - "This Jones/Mayweather, MMA vs Boxing discussion is the same old, same old. Same size pros, the boxer wins at strictly boxing, the MMA guy wins in the cage or street."

For a bouncer, you sure have a simplified view of street altercations. Floyd rolls with a 20 man crew including bodyguards, some of them have guns. Infact one of his bodyguards was wanted by the cops for a shooting at a vegas club a few years back

A streetfight between them wouldnt involve Floyd and Jones squaring off like in an 80s Michael Jackson music video.

I am making an educated and highly experienced guess that I have been in as many street/bar fights as pretty much anyone on this entire forum.  Hundreds (plural) more physical altercations than the vast majority.  Started seriously street fighting in 1979, started bouncing 1983 at age 18, stopped bouncing in 2010.  From multiple scraps nightly, to weekly at best (or worst, depends on your perspective).  Two (2) to six (6) nights a week.  Times 52-weeks, times 27-years. Why don't you get out a calculator and do the math for us good sir?

Great, let's throw in a thousand myriad variables that can affect the outcome of a street/bar fight.

Perhaps I should have said "All other variables being equal...." before my simplified, straightforward, statement.

Ie...No one has a carry weapon, no impromptu battlefield weapons, no other combatants including Mayweathers entourage, no stoppages by the LEO's, fighting on dry asphalt, in an open parking lot, no gravel or glass, nighttime, under streetlights, both guys sober, loose unrestrictive casual clothing, no steel toed boots, rubber soled shoes, no rings or jewelry, no sneak attack taking the opponent by complete surprise, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...blah, blah, blah....taking into account every single thing that affects the outcome of a street/bar fight.

OR...

I'll just stick with my original general, usually, most-of-the-time statement.

If you have had as many fights as you claim then you would know there is no such thing as "all variables being equal" in a street fight. Thats what makes it a streetfight instead of a dojo challenge, a street fight is chaotic and has no rules

Wich is more likely to happen in reality, Jones getting pistol whipped and jumped by a whole crew or the crowd dispersing allowing Jones and Floyd to duke it out on the dance floor like a 90s martial arts movie?

Or better yet the even more likely outcome is that neither of these two guys even give a fuck about this, its the fanboys trying to live vicariously through their heroes arguing this like its Spiderman vs Green Goblin

I did not claim any number of street/bar fights.  I am safely guessing it is a staggering number.  Not too many folks were in the club business and doing security for as long as I was.

I am well aware of all the variables in a street/bar fight.  Painfully, excruciatingly, overtly aware.

What is more likely to happen in reality is that Jones and Floyd have a drink together and pose for pictures.  Or greet each other, shake hands and part ways after pleasantries.  I don't see a pistol-whipping nor a cleared dance-floor fight.

However, I did not start this topic nor hypothetical-what-if-discussion thread.

Nice to meet you Mr. Fanboy living vicariously and arguing in this thread.

And don't you know anything? Spidey destroys the Green Goblin.

5/10/13 3:38 PM
Bisping decisioned my SN

MysteriousNinjaFromMars -
Y2JB - 
MysteriousNinjaFromMars - Fuck me , people acting like boxers posses the death touch is fucking mental . Yeah sure Mayweather KO's Jones , of course he does.

Edit:

And let me just make opinion clear here. if they had a boxing match Mayweather would win on points, but to say that he would KO Jones is fucking crazy. If you believe that you are living in LA-LA Land.

Floyd ain't just any boxer though, love him or hate him, he's one of the greats.

He sure is and im not disagreeing with that , im disagreeing with the opinion that a pro fighter who doesnt have very good KO power against people his own size being able to KO another pro fighter who has nearly 100 pounds on him.
What does weight have to do with your chin?

Just because your bigger doesn't mean your chin is granite. It just means you posses more power. Phone Post 3.0
5/10/13 4:25 PM
mikethecricket
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love and trane MMA, but it is still several steps away from the "true art of fighting"

In MMA two types of attack that can end the fight are not allowed. If a fight is ended by eye poke or groin strike, it is considered unfair (or a NC).

MMA =/= the true art of fighting

MMA fighters NEVER protect the groin or eyes.

5/10/13 4:34 PM
Lazer MMA

mikethecricket - I love and trane MMA, but it is still several steps away from the "true art of fighting"

In MMA two types of attack that can end the fight are not allowed. If a fight is ended by eye poke or groin strike, it is considered unfair (or a NC).

8.5/10

Don't expect a boxer to help you with the rest! LOL
5/10/13 6:57 PM
youarewhatiswrong
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikethecricket - I love and trane MMA, but it is still several steps away from the "true art of fighting"

Don't forget head butting. If you aren't smashin' your dome into that motherfucker's teeth, you aren't trying hard enough.
5/10/13 7:38 PM
mikethecricket
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

youarewhatiswrong - 

Don't forget head butting. If you aren't smashin' your dome into that motherfucker's teeth, you aren't trying hard enough.

arigato sensei!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.