UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> YOUR definition of the word 'fayg'

5/17/13 5:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Lurker Below
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Legalize It - Fag and motherfucker are my go-to's to describe someone who is being a jerk.

Spoiler alert: I dont actually think anyone is fucking their mother.

awesome spoiler alert haha
5/17/13 5:13 PM
6ULDV8

So we have to edit that word now, with funny mispellings and what not?

Gimme an effing break.

5/17/13 6:39 PM
Chris_G
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

3 pages in and no post of this yet?

5/17/13 6:41 PM
Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris_G -

It was posted in some of the other threads on the same topic. Pretty much sums up why and how the word is used today. Phone Post 3.0
5/18/13 8:58 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

TTT

Overwhelming result on the poll.

5/18/13 9:10 AM
ShawnTheBadger
426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bartholomew P Skibbenheims III - 
Chris_G -

It was posted in some of the other threads on the same topic. Pretty much sums up why and how the word is used today. Phone Post 3.0

"....how the word is used today."

-The UG

By a minority of young, straight, males, on an mma-forum.

The rest of the world, including all the reputable on-line dictionaries, Dana, the UFC, Nike, Budwieser, and Fox television all define the word the same way it has been defined in America since1914.

Nothing, not one gawd-damned thing has changed about those terms "faggot and fag" in the vast, overwhelming, majority of the adult-world.

You presumptous youngsters are NOT in charge of jack-shit, much less changing the definition of a word for the rest of America based upon some cartoon that runs on the Comedy channel.

5/18/13 9:14 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
383 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are pressuming you know the demographic of our forum members, brother. I assure you it is more diverse than you assume.

I may also suggest it is more of a popular culture example than you are suggesting.

5/18/13 9:17 AM
Malvert the Janitor
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fag?

It's a word with an offensive history, just like a lot of other words.

We can sit and intellectualize the whole thing and say "it's just a fucking word" and we'd be right....but there's no taking the connotation away from the word, we can't foul ourselves into believing that.

I try not to offend others intentionally. In that vain, it's best avoided. Phone Post 3.0
5/18/13 9:28 AM
Malvert the Janitor
850 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ fool.
In more ways than one... Phone Post 3.0
5/18/13 9:28 AM
ShawnTheBadger
426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

You are pressuming you know the demographic of our forum members, brother. I assure you it is more diverse than you assume.

I may also suggest it is more of a popular culture example than you are suggesting.

Do tell.

I'd love to know the exact demographics of this forum.

My current educated guess, predominantly 17-30 year old straight males. 

I might suggest there is a tremendous disconnect on the meaning of "faggot/fag" between 17-30 year old straight males, and the rest of America.

Please prove me wrong.

I'd actually LOVE to know that all the folks indiscriminantly and rampantly utilizing "fag and faggot" on this forum are NOT intolerant, uneducated, bigots.  That would actually make my day.  No kidding, that would be progress from my 48-year old perspective and paradigm.

5/18/13 9:35 AM
PhilthyPhilgood

crowbar -

I see that I am in the minority here.I don`t say fag unless It`s meant to be homosexual in nature.

Must be a senior citizen Phone Post 3.0
5/18/13 9:38 AM
Malvert the Janitor

ShawnTheBadger -
UGCTT_mrzipplokk - 

Do tell.

I'd love to know the exact demographics of this forum.

My current educated guess, predominantly 17-30 year old straight males. 

I might suggest there is a tremendous disconnect on the meaning of "faggot/fag" between 17-30 year old straight males, and the rest of America.

Please prove me wrong.

I'd actually LOVE to know that all the folks indiscriminantly and rampantly utilizing "fag and faggot" on this forum are NOT intolerant, uneducated, bigots.  That would actually make my day.  No kidding, that would be progress from my 48-year old perspective and paradigm.

First, let me establish that the badger has always been my favorite woodland creature.

Now to my point...

Does the red man actually know the demographic breakdown of every user? Fuck no. I never filled out demographic info when I signed up here. Did you? He's making assumptions about the diversity of the site and you, similarly, are making assumptions about its predominant users.

I'd agree that your assumption is closer to the truth but, alas, that is only MY assumption.

I also like rabbits. Rabbits are cute. Phone Post 3.0
5/18/13 9:47 AM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk

Agreed. Rabbits are cute.

5/18/13 10:04 AM
ShawnTheBadger

I like rabbits.

And baby calves.  Baby calves are cute as hell.  I've been bottle-feeding one recently.  Makes me feel slightly guilty for loving rib-eyes.

Hmmmmm....rib-eyes.

5/18/13 10:08 AM
Malvert the Janitor

Cleaning up drama and creating peace amongst interwebbers!

- Malvert the Janitor Phone Post 3.0
5/18/13 10:14 AM
inf0
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/18/13 10:15 AM
Argyle420
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I generally say the word fag a lot and I definitely don't mean anything homophobic its just a good word to use in the case of someone being an overall dick. I find nothing insulting about this towards homosexuals as I do know lots of gay men/women and have absolutely no problem with how they live their life bit hey that's my opinion :)
Anyone sense a bit of South Park going on here lol? Phone Post
5/18/13 10:19 AM
samcarr6

South Park anyone? Phone Post 3.0
5/18/13 10:43 AM
CLINTK9
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for some reason, when yur really pissed, saying you fukin f*gg*t just seems right!
5/18/13 10:44 AM
ShawnTheBadger

Malvert, voted you UP for making me laugh.

Here's what I understand.....

You youngsters do not attach the same meaning to the words "fag and faggot" that all the current dictionaries agree upon.  In your slang, the words mean dick-head, douchebag, or asshole.  Fair enough.

Here's what you need to understand...

There are millions of old-farts, out-of-touch, not cool, not hip, not "with it" in the least, who adhere to my (archaic, ancient, Jurassic) definition of "fag and faggot."

When those two worlds collide, the old-farts are  typically and usually the "ones in charge."  The ones that run the UFC, Nike, and Fox are ALL old farts.  Dudes that are overwhelmingly 40-plus years old.  Ancient, old dudes who have all the power and control.  Like the control over money, employment, and penalties.

And when you are a young, hip, current guy like Nate, and you use language that can easily be (and is) construed by the Old Farts as derogatory, demeaning, and dehumanizing, a clear and unmistakable slur, then the Old Farts will in fact come down on your throat with their beat-up old jack-boots and enforce the penalties they see fit to lay upon your young ass.

Use whatever fucking language you like amongst your friends and peers.  Use it in private, use it on-line, use it in public (careful who's listening).

However, until my entire generation fucking dies, you will have to live with the repercussions of your mouth and how your language is construed by others (old others) if you speak like that in any professional employment environment.

The out-of-touch, damn near senile, grumpy, grouchy, cantankerous, slow-moving, grey-haired, crotchety, Old Farts can and will make you pay dearly.

5/18/13 10:54 AM
Carson's Corner radio show

Edited: 05/18/13 10:58 AM

I personally have said "fag" and even "gay" in the past to describe things that I thought were simply lame. I've never said that about a person I knew or suspected of being gay and especially would never say it in anger towards someone.

HOWEVER, reading about some of these awful gay bullying stories (which frequently seem to end in tragedy), I've become more aware how often people who are (or are perceived to be) homosexual hear these words used as a way to insult, intimidate and torment them.

So I'm personally trying not to say stuff like "don't be a fag, dude" and "that's so gay" now, because I'd rather go "uh...that's so...that's...that sucks!" and try to find alternatives. Even though I don't think there are gay people around me a lot of the time (but who knows?), I'd personally rather not have that slip out and make anyone feel badly about my presence.

Plus, on a side note, that sort of language just feels a bit kind of dated now. If anyone wants to come up with some three letter replacements which are just as easy to remember and fun-sounding as quickly as possible, that would be great!

Just my 2 cents. I don't think the majority of people here are trying to make anyone feel bad or insult homosexuals, but we do need to give some thought to the environment we create.

Badgers are fucking awesome, though. We all agree!

Donnie

5/18/13 11:27 AM
ShawnTheBadger

Here's a bullying-story for you Carsons Corner aka Donnie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Paul_Broussard

That article references "Heaven" a gay discotheque.

I worked there for seven (7) years.

I hugged my sweet, nelly, harmless friend Paul, who could have been beat up by a 4th-grade girl, before he left to walk over to The Ripcord.

He never made it.

His lynching death made the national news.

If I had been with him, that scenario would have turned out far, far differently.  The hunters would have become the hunted.  I'd have gutted and eviserated those sub-human savage little fucks in the street.  Thrown my head back, the coppery taste of their blood on my lips, and howled at the fucking moon over their still warm and steaming bodies.  Unlike your stereotypical "faggot" I LOVE to fight, am always armed, big and mean, threw violent shit-heads out of bars for nearly 3-decades, and happen to be pretty good at barbaric violence.

I am damaged goods.  Heavily scarred.  Still suffer PTSD on occassion.

I am GLAD to hear that most of you youngsters do NOT mean anything negative nor mean to insult the gay community with your rampant use of  "fag and faggot."  That actually makes me happy.

5/18/13 12:10 PM
random_muppett
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's the origin of the word that's the problem. It's still associated with being a derogatory word for homosexuals.

It's like saying 'I'm not giving a go at the coloured people when I say so wine is being 'niggerish', it's just a word I use for aholes'.

Doesn't work, does it? Phone Post 3.0
5/18/13 12:13 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Song2 -  I smoke fags. Why isnt this an option? Phone Post

Legit lol @ this.

5/18/13 12:18 PM
Bat21
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ShawnTheBadger - 

It's not just Websters.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/faggot

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/faggot

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/faggot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_%28slang%29

http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/faggot

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/faggot

I understand that you Mr. Zipplock think the word should be changed.  In fact, you obviously think the word has already changed.  I call it the "Southpark definition."  I get it.

"I use it without thinking...." is such an interesting way to describe that choice on your poll.

However, there are many other (older) generations of folks like myself that define the word the same way we have since 1914.

The same way all those reputable, current, on-line dictionaries still unanimously define the word.

The way the UFC, Nike, Budweiser and Fox all define the word.

I can only tell you that "we old farts" are still in the majority.  Old farts also control the UFC, Nike, and Fox.

Once we die off, feel free to change the meaning officially and without dispute.

EDIT:  For the record, I voted you UP.  For intelligent discussion.

Voted up for being an old fart. I've never known another definition for "fag" or "faggot" other than what is listed in the various dictionaries.

I've often wondered how the Brits manage to get a fag lit....they must jump around and scream a lot.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.