UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rockhold: TRT had nothing to do with that kick

5/19/13 11:42 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1031 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In the build up to UFC on FX 8, TRT was a highly discussed choice of topic for Luke Rockhold and Vitor Belfort. Rockhold knew that the TRT was allowed, but that doesn't mean he agreed with it. However, he did acknowledge in the post-fight press conference that TRT was not the reason for his loss:

"I felt good in this fight," Rockhold said. "I had a great camp. I felt good in the fight. I was focused. I don't know if I got overconfident or what exactly happened. I don't know. I thought I had it.

"I felt good. I saw his punches. I saw everything. I was landing some shots. I felt like I was starting to control things, and then I got caught. It happens."

Rockhold offered a bit of an olive branch after the fight by crediting his opponent's skills – and not TRT – for earning Belfort the win.

"TRT had nothing to do with that kick," Rockhold said.

read entire article...

5/19/13 11:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he says anything besides that he gets branded as a guy who complains or can't handle a loss.

5/19/13 11:45 PM
dubate
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I respect him for taking the loss honorably. But this is what every fighter says when they finally meet a high-level striker, I was controlling the fight and then he caught me. It's the one thing Strikeforce doesn't have at the 205 weight class. We'll see how he recovers and tries to improve himself I wish him luck. Phone Post
5/19/13 11:49 PM
Silverball
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dubate -  I respect him for taking the loss honorably. But this is what every fighter says when they finally meet a high-level striker, I was controlling the fight and then he caught me. It's the one thing Strikeforce doesn't have at the 205 weight class. We'll see how he recovers and tries to improve himself I wish him luck. Phone Post

Rockhold fights at 185.
5/19/13 11:52 PM
TheOne
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/19/13 11:53 PM
dubate -  I respect him for taking the loss honorably. But this is what every fighter says when they finally meet a high-level striker, I was controlling the fight and then he caught me. It's the one thing Strikeforce doesn't have at the 205 weight class. We'll see how he recovers and tries to improve himself I wish him luck. Phone Post

Yea because Melvin Manhoef, Robbie Lawler, Ninja, etc arent atleast on or near the level of Vitor.

5/19/13 11:53 PM
colubrid1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well at least he didn't say I was winnng until I lost. :)
5/19/13 11:58 PM
dubate
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silverball -

Rockhold fights at 185.
Obviously I meant to say 185. I must have been thinking about something else Phone Post
5/20/13 12:02 AM
bhealthy

.......but it has EVERYTHING to do with the preparation to land it or the Pharmnom wouldn't go through the trouble to get written permission to be juiced to the gills
5/20/13 12:02 AM
Saltyballs
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Classy comment by Rockhold. He will be back better than ever. Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 12:12 AM
Matt Phillips
774 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I honestly dont know what to think about TRT. 

I am happy to see Vitor win though. As long as he does it within the current rule set, I have no problem.

I would like to see more vigorous testing throughout the training camps to make sure the testosterone levels stay at a reasonable level. I would make it mandatory for those on TRT who are issued TUE to be tested no matter what.

5/20/13 12:13 AM
Poptarts

There's no other comment to be had, it's not a matter of class....He would get wrecked with hate if he voiced that he felt Vitor was far better than he expected and has looked previously and that he feels it somewhat has to do with TRT.

I mean, acting as if the kick just landed by some miracle and getting caught "happens" like some sort of woopsy is equally as stupid, just admit he was the better fighter...that's why the kick landed.
5/20/13 1:01 AM
bhealthy

before that kick it looked like rockhold was well on his way to leapfrogging bisping in the title picture.
5/20/13 1:03 AM
Mihow

bhealthy - before that kick it looked like rockhold was well on his way to leapfrogging bisping in the title picture.

I just watched the fight for the first time. The hell it did
5/20/13 1:10 AM
AlexanderTheGOAT

Bull shit Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 1:43 AM
PeaceThroughStrength

Poptarts - There's no other comment to be had, it's not a matter of class....He would get wrecked with hate if he voiced that he felt Vitor was far better than he expected and has looked previously and that he feels it somewhat has to do with TRT.

I mean, acting as if the kick just landed by some miracle and getting caught "happens" like some sort of woopsy is equally as stupid, just admit he was the better fighter...that's why the kick landed.

You don't have to worry about that because he didn't say TRT was the reason the kick landed.
Most fighters say the same thing after getting knocked out,that is they just got caught.
It's a figure of speech,and is not in anyway demeaning to his opponent.

Do you feel the same about Vitors comments after the Silva fight?

Belfort discussed the kick that put him away in the first round, "Look, that kind of kick is very hard to catch, it’s also hard to fit it too, but he did it. He can use this kick, but the way he did is pretty difficult to, but he did it. I believe you only get lucky if you train. He trained and got lucky,"
"But I think it’s something that if he tried to do in 10 fights he would only be succeeded once" (laughs).
"was doing fine on the fight, I was winning it, but I wasn’t lucky to fit that punch, I missed it, that punch on the ground was really powerful. If it hits him…But it didn’t and his kick hit me" Victor said

5/20/13 2:00 AM
sockeye
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I voted UG blog down for making another TRT thread Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 2:10 AM
MasterofMartialArts
117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheOne -

Yea because Melvin Manhoef, Robbie Lawler, Ninja, etc arent atleast on or near the level of Vitor.

That is a correct statement. Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 2:17 AM
DoomFarmer
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bhealthy - before that kick it looked like rockhold was well on his way to leapfrogging bisping in the title picture.
You are talking out of your ass. Phone Post 3.0
5/20/13 2:42 AM
12SixElbow
617 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheOne - 

If he says anything besides that he gets branded as a guy who complains or can't handle a loss.

Exactly.

5/20/13 3:59 AM
sandwich samurai
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i respect that. he took his loss like a man, and im sure he'll come back strong and keep his arms up.

man, a heel to the face can't feel good.
5/20/13 4:06 AM
ChaosOverkill
452 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Omfg what a douche Rockhold is!

-UG

5/20/13 4:09 AM
inf0
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TRT infused powershots

5/20/13 4:18 AM
Rearnakedwaffle
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Jesus-kick heard all around Bethlehem, In nomine Patris et Fili et Spiritus Sancti, amen.
5/20/13 4:33 AM
Refuse to Lose
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rockholds as tough as they come and handled the loss in good spirit. Vitor really impressed me with this win I've always had high respect for him but he's really turned it up lately.

Great fight. Phone Post
5/20/13 4:41 AM
krizogg

MasterofMartialArts -
TheOne -

That is a correct statement. Phone Post 3.0
I also agree with this Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.