UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> EA SPORTS UFC: NEWS MAY 21th

5/23/13 8:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT Molsonmuscle360
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yussarian - I am concerned every time EA gets their hands on a game. They used to be awesome, now I feel they suck all the life out of games, while at the same time come up with online schemes to make you pay periodically. But maybe that is the trend.

They are doing it from their Vancouver studio though, which is their premier group. That's where FIFA and NHL are made, the two best EA Sports titles.
5/23/13 8:32 PM
UGSlapshot
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I LOVE GSP - 
YousHerName -  I bet we will all be missing the way THQ did the game Phone Post

who knows? the first one was so bad I didn't play any of the others.

Undisputed 3 was the only undisputed title better than ea mma, the rest of them didn't even come close IMO.
5/23/13 11:22 PM
Ryan Black
561 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seeing that screenshot makes me wish I still had a system. Looks bad ass! Phone Post
5/24/13 12:43 AM
JoeJoeplata
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JStrongMMA -  I want Cody Mckenzie on the cover. Phone Post

I don't know man...shit might just get too real if that were to happen.
5/24/13 12:59 AM
FatFrenchFry
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chief Mac -
Nexuscrawlers - 
BernardHopkins - 
beasly213 - I just really hope that they let you have guys in different weight classes fight against each other. I want to match up Mighty Mouse vs. Big Foot Silva! Who cares if it's ridiculous it's a video game I should be able to match up whoever I want.

this

the old knockout king boxing games would let you and it was cool as hell

even in EA's Fight Night (boxing) games you can choose boxers that are up to 2 wieght classes different.

U can do this in the last Undisputed game in event mode...pick ur first fighter then hit B to back out (xbox) of that fight...then hit A to go back into weight class selection...but when u hit A hold in LEFT or RIGHT and it will automatically start changing weight class...u have to let go and hope it lands on the weight class u wanted (but u can keep doin this - only takes 1 or 2 goes to select correct weight classes)...and u can have wotever u want...mightty mouse vs overeem is a classic. Juts thought id let u know....
ps my instructions r shit but u can google for better ones
Subbed for this Phone Post 3.0
5/24/13 1:02 AM
lilhef517

discodrew -
APunkGotPunkdByThePunk - They better update rosters and have retired fighters with their stats in their prime. Phone Post 3.0
I hope they have a ultimate fighter in career mode. Phone Post
I agrre Phone Post
5/24/13 1:02 AM
lilhef517

lilhef517 -
discodrew -
APunkGotPunkdByThePunk - They better update rosters and have retired fighters with their stats in their prime. Phone Post 3.0
I hope they have a ultimate fighter in career mode. Phone Post
I agrre Phone Post
I agree* Phone Post
5/24/13 1:18 AM
MartialArtsMixed
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's about time they put in the ultimate fighter. Don't force us to retire either, I'm like a Handy and would like to fight till i'm 59.
5/24/13 1:25 AM
MartialArtsMixed
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers - 

the striking in EA MMA was so much better than the UFC game. I am glad they are using Fight Night as a base. Those games are awesome.

obviously EA MMA had fewer moves and fighters, but it was thei FIRST MMA game. THQ had several tries and still made a mediocre (although fun) game.

i liked UFC3 a lot, but i just wish it was EA MMA but with the UFC3 roster and game modes (tournament, title mode, etc)

now you got your wish.
5/24/13 2:33 AM
Dumbass JoeMimic
669 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRMartin11 - Jon Jones should be on the cover. Jose Aldo would be a good pick also.
Dana said today that the US version will be determined via online voting. Other regions will be given various other covers. Phone Post
5/24/13 3:31 AM
man meets fate

I would rather pay a monthly payment to have ea keep up the servers for ea mma than to have to go back to ufc3. E a killed ufc 3 in a lot of aspects and didn't even try. Now they have time to learn Nd to grow, thq had to go learn bjj to get a decent ground game understanding, should have took some boxing and kickboxing classes also.

I hope they have a ultimate fighter mode and a career mode for the current guys like they did with bishop in FN champion.
5/24/13 3:35 AM
UGCTT_SidRival
566 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Open weight fights would make me wet. Phone Post 3.0
5/24/13 5:44 AM
PermitMeFisticuffsBrother
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steven Seagal DLC annyone?
I could never get tired of smashing his Chia Pet head against the mat.
5/24/13 8:03 AM
dan0s

I just hope they keep the controls from ufc 3, none of that total punch control rubbish. Phone Post
5/24/13 11:51 AM
Nexuscrawlers
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dan0s - I just hope they keep the controls from ufc 3, none of that total punch control rubbish. Phone Post
Total control is WAY better imo. Also, in EA MMA you can switch the controls to the "arcade-style" with button mashing. Phone Post
5/25/13 1:31 AM
slamming

http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/519bc6496bb3f7174e000005-766-455/ufc%20.jpg

http://media.operationsports.com/shots/400/24210.jpg

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1146766/article_post_width_EA-Sports-Ignite-UFC.jpg
5/27/13 10:45 AM
UGCTT_ForeverOwnedByFryedTakayama
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Trying to post ^

Phone Post
5/27/13 11:09 AM
Tweener

EA MMA did not kick ass.

It was a good first effort that got a lot of things right, and a lot of things wrong.

The grappling aspect was miles ahead of UFC Undisputed; but the ground striking and stand up was pretty poor. The strikes were extremely limited and almost everyone had pretty much all the same attacks. There was very, very little variation (a lot like THQ's 2009 game in which you just had a base style). The submission system was definitely better in EA's game, but the variety, again, was very poor; however, it was great feeling like you could go in and "catch" a guy, whereas with THQ you had to work their stamina first or it was hopeless; it was a stamina game, not really a technical game.

The KO and TKO system EA used was also far better.

Stamina, as far as I can remember, was also handled better in EA's game. THQ could never get that right.

But THQ overall had a far better system, as they had more games to get it right with. Fighters really did feel different; there were far, far more position to be put in, there were tons of moves, the EA was a little better, and the game just flowed better and feeled better. EA had a strange feeling to it where things often felt like they were in slow motions; combos and animations just felt slow and weak; it was odd.

EA had a good game - but people saying it was amazing and kicked ass I think are suffering from the classic gaming nostalgia bias. We remember things as just being better than they were, because they were fresh and offered us something different. The game had some great things to build from, but as an overall game it was a good first effort that gave them a lot to build on; which they never ended up doing.

As for EA UFC... Well, I've learned to generally not trust EA and just wait and see how the game is. For the most part, they fuck up their sports games and turn them into arcade fests, but try to pass them as simulation games. We'll see what direction they actually take with this, but I'd also hardly use EA MMA as an indicator as to how this game might play; whether you liked that game or not.
5/27/13 11:16 AM
Tweener

If this is only coming out for the next gen consoles, then I guess I won't have to worry about any of that, though - since I won't be getting one.
5/27/13 12:01 PM
APunkGotPunkdByThePunk
436 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FatFrenchFry -
Chief Mac -
Nexuscrawlers - 
BernardHopkins - 
beasly213 - I just really hope that they let you have guys in different weight classes fight against each other. I want to match up Mighty Mouse vs. Big Foot Silva! Who cares if it's ridiculous it's a video game I should be able to match up whoever I want.

this

the old knockout king boxing games would let you and it was cool as hell

even in EA's Fight Night (boxing) games you can choose boxers that are up to 2 wieght classes different.

U can do this in the last Undisputed game in event mode...pick ur first fighter then hit B to back out (xbox) of that fight...then hit A to go back into weight class selection...but when u hit A hold in LEFT or RIGHT and it will automatically start changing weight class...u have to let go and hope it lands on the weight class u wanted (but u can keep doin this - only takes 1 or 2 goes to select correct weight classes)...and u can have wotever u want...mightty mouse vs overeem is a classic. Juts thought id let u know....
ps my instructions r shit but u can google for better ones
Subbed for this Phone Post 3.0
THQ wanted an open weight for ufc 3 and the ufc said no because that's not authentic to the UFC. But u can do that event mOde thing Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 1:26 PM
js138
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/28/13 1:28 PM
I have to agree mainly with Tweener. I didn't mean to vote you down, I'm new and messed up.

Both games have their strong points but over all replay value went to UFC 3.

While EA MMA had far better fight animation, the controls and fight styles were limited and repetitive. The lack of ground game options and positions really soured me, yet the animations of transitions was far better. The over all lack of different fighting styles was awful too. Why Couldn't I give my CAF Cung Le's side kicks?

Basing the controls off the joy sticks limited how many striking moves a fighter could have. With THQ not only utilizing the D-pad but two different buttons for punches, and two for kicks, plus additional buttons letting you sway, and decide to hit the legs, body or head, made for a deeper and more intricate striking system. I'll give a graphics nod to EA MMA too as THQ needs less of an arcade look. However EA's career mode and CAF was just as limited as shallow as the striking.

In the end, if EA UFC doesn't have all the ground, clinch, and against the cage positions UFC 3 did, i'm going to be very let down and upset. Do not try to wow me with slightly better next gen graphics. Give me a intricate fighting game with a CAF/career mode at the very least as deep as UFC 3. You've had the game for a long time, there's no reason you can't have all the options UFC 3 did and then some.
5/28/13 4:14 PM
DamnHenderson
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Instead if bitching, complaining, wondering, and spitballing. Why don't we get Dana or CindyO or someone, to listen to us. We represent a good part of the mma community, if Dana said hey, these guys know what they want, what's cool, then wed actually change the gaming world. All this sounds cool, especially the ultimate fighter mode, and the old school mode. Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 5:06 PM
js138
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DamnHenderson - Instead if bitching, complaining, wondering, and spitballing. Why don't we get Dana or CindyO or someone, to listen to us. We represent a good part of the mma community, if Dana said hey, these guys know what they want, what's cool, then wed actually change the gaming world. All this sounds cool, especially the ultimate fighter mode, and the old school mode. Phone Post 3.0

EA doesn't give a shit about what we want. Their recent fuck up with the Simcity reboot made that obvious. They removed key features, didn't listen to complaints about map size, and refused to remove the "Always online" component in the game and from the polls I saw 70-80% of the Simtropolis community (biggest simcity fan site) that had been waiting for a new simcity since 2004 did NOT buy it.

Basically the developers say "hey you know, a lot of fans of the series are requesting this in the game" and if its counter productive to ANY EA motive, they say "No".
5/28/13 5:43 PM
tom_hkr
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time traveling 12er - I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd like career mode to start in 2000 with the Zuffa era or the TUF 1 finale. Let my fighter grow with the sport and see the debut's of guys like gsp and whatnot. Let me fight tito in his prime then witness the rise of Liddell... or even maybe stop the rise of Liddell. Every career mode in every fighting game is the same. You start this year and you end up fighting a 90 year old Randy Couture for the title in 2029. One of the fight nights had the fighters retire realistically, which only meant most of the greats you wanted to fight would retire right after you fought them and you'd endlessly defend your title against random fictional fighters. Unlike boxing, the UFC has a well recorded history that's owned by the UFC.
Fantastic idea vtfu Phone Post 3.0
5/28/13 6:11 PM
Mulletron5000
1422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time traveling 12er - I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd like career mode to start in 2000 with the Zuffa era or the TUF 1 finale. Let my fighter grow with the sport and see the debut's of guys like gsp and whatnot. Let me fight tito in his prime then witness the rise of Liddell... or even maybe stop the rise of Liddell. Every career mode in every fighting game is the same. You start this year and you end up fighting a 90 year old Randy Couture for the title in 2029. One of the fight nights had the fighters retire realistically, which only meant most of the greats you wanted to fight would retire right after you fought them and you'd endlessly defend your title against random fictional fighters. Unlike boxing, the UFC has a well recorded history that's owned by the UFC.
That would be amazing. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.