5/29/13 3:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stea1th
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The previews they showed didn't look impressive Phone Post
5/29/13 3:33 PM
js138
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree even though it wasn't game play I wasn't overly impressed with it. I thought the manipulation of Ben's face looked goofy and unreal. Though in all fairness facial impact would be hard to nail.

The shot of cain's head though looked like the game play model and gives me comfort to think the actual game play models will be impressive. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 5:19 PM
Sofa King Cool
299 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

js138 - I agree even though it wasn't game play I wasn't overly impressed with it. I thought the manipulation of Ben's face looked goofy and unreal. Though in all fairness facial impact would be hard to nail.

The shot of cain's head though looked like the game play model and gives me comfort to think the actual game play models will be impressive. Phone Post 3.0
My first thought Phone Post
5/29/13 5:23 PM
VTCO
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Hendo/Shogun one may be hinting towards a "classic fights" feature, like they have used in the Fight Night games where stats and details are saved from the fight.

5/29/13 5:36 PM
time traveling 12er
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm guessing #1 is progressive fatigue. Like as your stamina goes down it becomes visible on the fighters faces and body language, making them more like living fighters. Grimacing with each punch, hunched shoulders, huffing and puffing. Maybe even taking a deep breath after stepping back after an exchange to get your stamina back.

#2? Like someone said, having flash knockouts be skill based rather than random. Although they didn't seem completely random in the last game. Usually it seemed like you hand to catch a guy coming in to flask ko them.
5/29/13 6:51 PM
js138
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No offense but why would flash knockouts be skill based? Anyone can Stun/KO someone with a punch. I knocked a 6'1" dude out with one punch at a party and I didn't even train.

If anything the game needs a little more Hendricks vs Fitch KO's. I have hundreds of hours in both MMA games and I've gotten two one hit KO's right off the bell. Phone Post 3.0
5/29/13 6:53 PM
GrayKickass
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

js138 - No offense but why would flash knockouts be skill based? Anyone can Stun/KO someone with a punch. I knocked a 6'1" dude out with one punch at a party and I didn't even train.

If anything the game needs a little more Hendricks vs Fitch KO's. I have hundreds of hours in both MMA games and I've gotten two one hit KO's right off the bell. Phone Post 3.0
Dude, just imagine if you traned ufc? You would have probably killed him, bro. Phone Post
5/29/13 7:04 PM
discodrew
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are going to have either a cutman system or stoppage by cut Phone Post
5/29/13 7:07 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic
578 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

discodrew - They are going to have either a cutman system or stoppage by cut Phone Post
Ufc 3 has stoppage by cuts but it's so rare. Phone Post
5/29/13 7:09 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic
578 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Day 3 - one good shot could ruin your day Phone Post
5/29/13 10:01 PM
discodrew
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dumbass JoeMimic -
discodrew - They are going to have either a cutman system or stoppage by cut Phone Post
Ufc 3 has stoppage by cuts but it's so rare. Phone Post
I know but ea didn't. And that one of their "new features" Phone Post
5/29/13 10:17 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jmont - manager mode where u sign multiple fighters and fight as them would be cool Phone Post
Running a gym as the trainer would be cooler Phone Post
5/30/13 1:03 AM
PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
jmont - manager mode where u sign multiple fighters and fight as them would be cool Phone Post
Running a gym as the trainer would be cooler Phone Post
Both of these ideas would be amazing! It would give mma the feel that madden has where you care about your team.

I know it probably won't make it onto the first game but hopefully the next one! Phone Post
5/30/13 6:03 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic

Day 4 - reinvent the ground game. Phone Post
5/30/13 6:17 PM
PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Picture no worky Phone Post
5/30/13 6:21 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic

Phone Post
5/30/13 6:21 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic

PyleDrive Me, I Love It Baby - Picture no worky Phone Post
Yeah pictures aren't working from my phone for some reason. Phone Post
5/30/13 6:23 PM
Dumbass JoeMimic

Phone Post
5/30/13 7:48 PM
discodrew

Dumbass JoeMimic - Phone Post
Submission switch Phone Post
5/30/13 8:03 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

discodrew -
I wanted to post this, but that has already been introduced by THQ. From the look of this picture, I would guess they are introducing a completely new hold of controls for the ground, new submissions etc. I always thought about the submissions being more realistic such as looking for wrist control to set up the armbar. No more insta-subs. Phone Post
5/30/13 9:13 PM
discodrew

Anderson P. Sonnen -
discodrew -
I wanted to post this, but that has already been introduced by THQ. From the look of this picture, I would guess they are introducing a completely new hold of controls for the ground, new submissions etc. I always thought about the submissions being more realistic such as looking for wrist control to set up the armbar. No more insta-subs. Phone Post
Yeah, it seems like most of these features are new to ea but the same as ufc3, just more advanced

And I'm fine with that Phone Post
5/30/13 9:20 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

discodrew -
Anderson P. Sonnen -
discodrew -
Yeah, it seems like most of these features are new to ea but the same as ufc3, just more advanced

And I'm fine with that Phone Post
Touché. Especially considering the "new" sub system UFC 3 pretty much hacked from EA MMA. Phone Post
5/30/13 9:49 PM
RazorMMA
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pitbull3744 - If its fucking Ronda I am not getting the game no joke. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think that will matter much. Phone Post 3.0
5/30/13 9:57 PM
Anderson P. Sonnen

RazorMMA -
Pitbull3744 - If its fucking Ronda I am not getting the game no joke. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think that will matter much. Phone Post 3.0
Yeah pit, just go bash her face in with Cat when you get it. Fuel the fire of your angst like that. Phone Post
5/31/13 9:59 AM
charms434
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tweener - EA MMA did not kick ass.

It was a good first effort that got a lot of things right, and a lot of things wrong.

The grappling aspect was miles ahead of UFC Undisputed; but the ground striking and stand up was pretty poor. The strikes were extremely limited and almost everyone had pretty much all the same attacks. There was very, very little variation (a lot like THQ's 2009 game in which you just had a base style). The submission system was definitely better in EA's game, but the variety, again, was very poor; however, it was great feeling like you could go in and "catch" a guy, whereas with THQ you had to work their stamina first or it was hopeless; it was a stamina game, not really a technical game.

The KO and TKO system EA used was also far better.

Stamina, as far as I can remember, was also handled better in EA's game. THQ could never get that right.

But THQ overall had a far better system, as they had more games to get it right with. Fighters really did feel different; there were far, far more position to be put in, there were tons of moves, the EA was a little better, and the game just flowed better and feeled better. EA had a strange feeling to it where things often felt like they were in slow motions; combos and animations just felt slow and weak; it was odd.

EA had a good game - but people saying it was amazing and kicked ass I think are suffering from the classic gaming nostalgia bias. We remember things as just being better than they were, because they were fresh and offered us something different. The game had some great things to build from, but as an overall game it was a good first effort that gave them a lot to build on; which they never ended up doing.

As for EA UFC... Well, I've learned to generally not trust EA and just wait and see how the game is. For the most part, they fuck up their sports games and turn them into arcade fests, but try to pass them as simulation games. We'll see what direction they actually take with this, but I'd also hardly use EA MMA as an indicator as to how this game might play; whether you liked that game or not.
The stand up was based on fight night WTf are u talking about. U used the right stick to slip jabs. There were infinite ways to strike. Unlike undisputed (which I like which is abxy) Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.