UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Fedor never.......

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/13/14 10:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bobby Lupo
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beat a well rounded MMA fighter. Phone Post 3.0
1/13/14 10:30 AM
Lazer MMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bobby Lupo - Beat a well rounded MMA fighter. Phone Post 3.0

So where was Nog weak then? & CC, Health, and AA?
1/13/14 10:40 AM
Bobby Lupo
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA -

So where was Nog weak then? & CC, Health, and AA?
Not weak, just not complete fighters. Phone Post 3.0
1/13/14 10:42 AM
RyannVonDoom

WALES1 - How could you be an MMA fan and see it as a good thing that Fedor didn't sign with the UFC is beyond me.

If you love MMA and Fedor, like me, you should be gutted that Fedor didn't have a run in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0
It upset me.. But that was due to dana's douchebaggery, more than fedor not signing. Money doesnt always make things okay. The shit dana vomited out, unscrupulous at best. Phone Post 3.0
1/13/14 10:42 AM
Bobby Lupo

Cro Cop can't fight on the ground. AA can't take a punch. Nog has no way to get the fight to the ground and defends punches with his face. Herring could have been well rounded, even great, but it didn't come together. Plus he could never stop a takedown Phone Post 3.0
1/13/14 10:45 AM
Bobby Lupo

Bigfoot was the most well rounded fighter Fedor faced. Phone Post 3.0
1/13/14 11:05 AM
Lazer MMA

Bobby Lupo - Bigfoot was the most well rounded fighter Fedor faced. Phone Post 3.0

Maybe but I'm saying other GOAT candidates have losing records VS the 4 easy, not a winning one
1/13/14 11:11 AM
Bobby Lupo

I have Fedor as the clear #1 MMA fighter we have yet to see based on not only his skills, transitions and streak, but he did all that in spite of being an overweight middleweight fighting giants and his training was sub par post judo, yet he still dominated for a decade until the sport evolved to he point that he couldn't just make up for his looseness and holes with athleticism. Phone Post 3.0
1/13/14 1:08 PM
JRob7

I know the answer! Tito!
1/4/15 5:13 PM
eXtv
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Minotauro was well-rounded. Not much of a takedown game but Fedor beat him in his favoured spot anyway so it doesn't mean much.

1/4/15 5:17 PM
DirtehSneakehs

Signed I love Fedor. A time when men were men, and boys were still boys. Phone Post 3.0
1/4/15 5:24 PM
GuttyProfessor
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never crashed a 1/4 million dollar car with a teenage girl in it, then professed his unwavering religious faith at the next press conference... Phone Post 3.0
1/4/15 5:46 PM
Osbot

I never really get the criticism he gets for the Hendo fight. There are so many things about that fight that just speak about his character.

First, I'm pretty sure we can all admit that Hendo's only shot was an H-Bomb. You have that fight go down 100 times, you pick Fedor 100 times.

My first question is, why the hell was Fedor even taking a fight with Hendo. There was absolutely zero upside for Fedor fighting Hendo.

1) If he wins, he is supposed to win.
2) If he loses, he looks terrible.
3) Of all the guys he could have picked, he picked a dude with a cinderblock for a head, and 2 cinderblocks for a right hand.

Analytically what does this tell us? Fedor was not trying to cultivate an image. He was just fighting whomever would fight him that had a name. Surely if he cared about rebuilding his reputation taking the Hendo fight was not the best choice. He had nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Clearly he was looking for the win, but picking Hendo shows pretty clearly that other than getting a W there was no long term planning going on here. No career management. He is fighting an OLDER, SMALLER guy that he should beat. At least on paper he should win. He also is fighting a nigh indestructible dude that could turn the Sun off if he landed flush.

This says one thing to me. Fedor just wanted to bang bros.
1/4/15 5:57 PM
Looney Ronulan Paultard
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

... eye poked as a strategy. Phone Post 3.0
1/4/15 10:09 PM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eXtv - 

Minotauro was well-rounded. Not much of a takedown game but Fedor beat him in his favoured spot anyway so it doesn't mean much.

and who are all these perfect Fighters didnt face?

Barnett wasnt shit on the feet. also CC & Nog both beat him.

How good is Couture's, Cain's, JDS's BJJ and fighting off their back? Really cant see any of the 3 being anywhere Near the skill of Nog in that area. pick out any HW, they all lack in some area.
1/5/15 3:52 AM
FlyingSomethingOrAnotherPlata
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He just dodged the biggest payday so he wouldn't fight Brock. Which many of you consider to be one of the worse MMA fighters.

Nice try OP.
1/5/15 5:56 AM
Silva vs Fedor
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/05/15 5:59 AM
Fedor never had a fight that I was not completely hyped for and even in loss, the hype was always met and many times eclipsed.

I'm sure his status as the GOAT is very debatable, even by me. But it's without a shadow of a doubt he is ONE of the GOAT's and out of all of them, he was without a doubt, the most exciting, period.
1/5/15 8:26 AM
Bobby Lupo

Osbot - I never really get the criticism he gets for the Hendo fight. There are so many things about that fight that just speak about his character.

First, I'm pretty sure we can all admit that Hendo's only shot was an H-Bomb. You have that fight go down 100 times, you pick Fedor 100 times.

My first question is, why the hell was Fedor even taking a fight with Hendo. There was absolutely zero upside for Fedor fighting Hendo.

1) If he wins, he is supposed to win.
2) If he loses, he looks terrible.
3) Of all the guys he could have picked, he picked a dude with a cinderblock for a head, and 2 cinderblocks for a right hand.

Analytically what does this tell us? Fedor was not trying to cultivate an image. He was just fighting whomever would fight him that had a name. Surely if he cared about rebuilding his reputation taking the Hendo fight was not the best choice. He had nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Clearly he was looking for the win, but picking Hendo shows pretty clearly that other than getting a W there was no long term planning going on here. No career management. He is fighting an OLDER, SMALLER guy that he should beat. At least on paper he should win. He also is fighting a nigh indestructible dude that could turn the Sun off if he landed flush.

This says one thing to me. Fedor just wanted to bang bros.

It tells us that Fedor and M-1 don't know much about MMA. He handpicked Werdum after refusing to fight Overeem w/o enhanced testing. Werdum is the much more dangerous man.

Around the Hendo time, Fedor was considering a move to 205. He didn't get there close, b/c he didn't bother training much after the Hunt fight in Pride. So they did that 225 limit HW fight as a step towards 205. Strikeforce saw Hendo-Fedor as a sellable fight between 2 name brand fighters. I bet Hendo. That was the first time I'd ever bet against Fedor.

It reeked of a terrible matchup. Both guys seemed to forget how to grapple as their MMA careers progressed, and I liked Hendo's boxing and clinch better.

1/5/15 10:32 AM
orcus

"So they did that 225 limit HW fight as a step towards 205. "

There was no 225 limit. It was a regular HW fight.
1/5/15 10:36 AM
CorranHorn
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Props, too thread Phone Post 3.0
1/5/15 10:39 AM
ufc98newb
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - "So they did that 225 limit HW fight as a step towards 205. "

There was no 225 limit. It was a regular HW fight.

I think it ended up being that way, but Fedor's camp wanted the catchweight. Hendo said no, iirc. Probably didn't want that to be an excuse or some kind of asterisk.
1/6/15 5:53 PM
pidgey
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...got popped for snorting blow

too soon?
1/6/15 6:45 PM
GuttyProfessor
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Snorted come then beat a 2x Olympian to shit.

Too soon??? Phone Post 3.0
1/6/15 6:45 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GuttyProfessor - Snorted come then beat a 2x Olympian to shit.

Too soon??? Phone Post 3.0

Lol
1/6/15 7:39 PM
D241
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tested Positive for Cocaine

I know this thread hasn't been posted on in a while, but I felt this was a relevent......."Bump"

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.