UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> All about leglocks.

6/7/13 8:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Alex Bruner
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jobe Watson's New and Improved Butler -

This is proper, and just at the same speed too.

ttt Phone Post
6/8/13 5:25 PM
Alex Bruner
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BRUTAL KNEE BAR IN THE FB PRELIM

Antonio Brega with the W

6/8/13 7:21 PM
Jody
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcin Held is a bad ass featherweight in Bellator that has great leg locks.

He could use more stamina, though...

My entire ground game focuses on finding the best way to get my opponent into a leg lock, and if I were to roll with someone that did not want to do leg locks, I'd be pretty worthless.

I have, on occasion, ridiculed people for not wanting to train with leg locks.
6/8/13 8:18 PM
DeanLister
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah I've heard from many that going for leg locks would be a risky thing to do, perhaps giving opponent a big opening to gain position or in a fight, to punch you in the face..

Yes it is true, but with lots of training, this risk gets smaller and smaller... many finishing moves in MMA period are high risk if your opponent knows what you are going to do, once a fighter becomes unpredictable and masters these techniques that most don't, they will have a unprecedented advantage...

YVES JOCKSTRAP,
nice heel hook
6/8/13 9:47 PM
Alex Bruner

DeanLister - yeah I've heard from many that going for leg locks would be a risky thing to do, perhaps giving opponent a big opening to gain position or in a fight, to punch you in the face..

Yes it is true, but with lots of training, this risk gets smaller and smaller... many finishing moves in MMA period are high risk if your opponent knows what you are going to do, once a fighter becomes unpredictable and masters these techniques that most don't, they will have a unprecedented advantage...

YVES JOCKSTRAP,
nice heel hook

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

6/8/13 9:47 PM
Alex Bruner

Super pumped to see all the green namers posting in this thread, great insight, thanks guys!

6/8/13 9:53 PM
Alex Bruner

6/9/13 3:29 PM
RearNakedToke
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alex Bruner -

Super pumped to see all the green namers posting in this thread, great insight, thanks guys!

Told you Dean knew his shit. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 3:33 PM
Alex Bruner

RearNakedToke - 
Alex Bruner -

Told you Dean knew his shit. Phone Post 3.0

vtfu

6/9/13 5:33 PM
Slobonmynog
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sakurabas knee bar over galesic was the best leg lock finish for me.

He went through a few sub attempts before getting it and took a lot of damage but kept going. Phone Post
6/9/13 5:58 PM
Alex Bruner

MMfan2013 - SCOTT ADAMS is the master w/ leg locks. Ask anyone that's rolled with him.

Scott is one of the guys that got me onthis subject, I just did his MMA Hall of fame thing for Kirik.

6/9/13 6:17 PM
Bench
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 6:30 PM
benjininja

. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 6:41 PM
Alex Bruner

Masakazu Imanari

6/9/13 6:46 PM
Alex Bruner

DEAN LISTER

6/10/13 2:16 PM
benjininja

Slobonmynog - Sakurabas knee bar over galesic was the best leg lock finish for me.

He went through a few sub attempts before getting it and took a lot of damage but kept going. Phone Post
One of my fav Saku moments! Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 2:27 PM
Alex Bruner

benjininja - 
Slobonmynog - Sakurabas knee bar over galesic was the best leg lock finish for me.

This

6/10/13 2:54 PM
RearNakedToke
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alex Bruner -
benjininja - 

This

I am such a Saku mark. I was freaking out when he was taking that pounding, it reminded me of the Smirnovas fight too much. But once he pulled off that kneebar I jumped around the house screaming like an idiot. Then I calmed down and had a sad realizing that Saku might have used up all his Bushido reserves subbing Galesic. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 4:37 PM
Ramy Daoud
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DeanLister,

Thank you so much. That compliment made my whole month. I learned a lot of setups and finishes from watching your seminars in Europe on YouTube. Phone Post 3.0
6/13/13 8:40 AM
Alex Bruner

6/13/13 10:03 AM
Alex Bruner

I've heard that lots of BJJ practioners are repulsed by the idea of leglocks, is this something that is prevalent amongst the BJJ crowd, or just a niche of practioners?  

6/13/13 4:55 PM
Slobonmynog
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alex Bruner -

I've heard that lots of BJJ practioners are repulsed by the idea of leglocks, is this something that is prevalent amongst the BJJ crowd, or just a niche of practioners?  

I think its becoming more common in bjj.
When judo guys start bjj they hate leg locks tho... Phone Post
6/13/13 6:55 PM
Alex Bruner

Here is an instructional on the difference between grappling comp set up for a heel hook, to a more mma based (striking included) set up for the same submission. 

Thanks Ramy for the content. 

6/13/13 6:58 PM
BadrMilk

Love leg locks! They look so complicated and confusing.

Marco Ruas was one of the first guys to land great leg locks.
6/14/13 10:08 AM
Alex Bruner

Alex Bruner - 

Here is an instructional on the difference between grappling comp set up for a heel hook, to a more mma based (striking included) set up for the same submission. 

Thanks Ramy for the content. 

TTT

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.