UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Erick Silva vs Rory?

6/9/13 5:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
toddiejasl
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poptarts - 
toddiejasl - At the moment, I see Rory winning this fight 6/7 times out of 10...

That might not be the case when they actually do fight 2 or 3 years down the line...

Shit changes...

Neither one has really had a bad defeat or their confidence taken away from them. If you watch Silva....He's always so confident, he surely intimidates most of his opponents with his ability to attack at any opening he see's and being comfortable anywhere.

Rory is a very different fighter but similar in the respect he is must more confident and sincere about what he does than most of his opponents, his presence tends to be overwhelming in comparison to most guys he faces too.

Now just imagine if one of them gets knocked out like Rashad did after the Machida fight Rashad was never "Suga" again, he lost it....never got it back either. I think as of right now Rory is better, he's fought and beat far better competition while showing better physical conditioning and technical skills. Still e.Silva is a monster, my hair always is on end when he fights.

VU, just for good chat...
6/9/13 6:03 PM
i_shogun_ruas
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Erick will smash rory. Hopefully we see this matchup soon Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 6:06 PM
Barbalos

da Vinci 81 - 
The Brool Story Company - 

of course he had a ton of diverse strikes, BJ was gassed by the middle of the first round. big fucking whoop. so he beat up on a guy he had close to 30 pounds on. LOL, no. he was not gassed from the body shots. go watch the fight again retard, he was gassed after those failed takedown attempts in the first round

ok moron, I'm sure it had nothing to do with that hook to the body he landed early on. Even Rogan was pointing it out how much it took out of Penn.

Jesus, it's like you Penn fans get stupider by the day. It's always a cardio issue, never skill that comes into play.

Well you're the exact other side of the coin. Are you seriously going to say that Penn has never had any cardio issues whatsoever? Bullshit...
6/9/13 6:08 PM
Jons Forsberg

first round would be competitive but Rory would take over and finish him in the 2nd or 3rd.
6/9/13 6:10 PM
Jons Forsberg

I was on Erick Silva's dick too, but the Fitch fight exposed quite a few chinks in his armor.
6/9/13 6:12 PM
Barbalos

Since when is Rory the same caliber of grappler as Fitch? Where is this assumption coming from? Fitch dominated lots of guys with his grappling, Rory, not yet. And Silva looked more competitive in the Fitch fight than most of Fitch's other opponents too.
6/9/13 6:17 PM
Poptarts

Also is it me or has e.Silva fought mostly undersized welterweights? I don't think Silva is a huge Welterweight I just think he's been fighting small guys.

Brennamen, now a Lightweight I think.

Carlo Prater, is a lightweight.

Luis Ramos and Jason High are both quite small framed Welterweights.

I would like to see Silva against some decent competition again, he's really only fought the bottom feeders of the UFC's WW division...His hype needs to be tested.
6/9/13 7:39 PM
da Vinci 81
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Barbalos - 
da Vinci 81 - 

of course he had a ton of diverse strikes, BJ was gassed by the middle of the first round. big fucking whoop. so he beat up on a guy he had close to 30 pounds on. LOL, no. he was not gassed from the body shots. go watch the fight again retard, he was gassed after those failed takedown attempts in the first round

ok moron, I'm sure it had nothing to do with that hook to the body he landed early on. Even Rogan was pointing it out how much it took out of Penn.

Jesus, it's like you Penn fans get stupider by the day. It's always a cardio issue, never skill that comes into play.

Well you're the exact other side of the coin. Are you seriously going to say that Penn has never had any cardio issues whatsoever? Bullshit...

No, I never once said Penn hasn't had cardio issues. What I am saying is he took a hard shot to the body early on which slowed him down.

That isn't a cardio issue. That's an "oh shit, I'm having a hard time breathing because I'm in a lot of pain" issue. You can have great cardio but if you're having a hard time breathing it's not going to matter.
6/9/13 7:57 PM
lgi

da Vinci 81 - 
Barbalos - 
da Vinci 81 - 

No, I never once said Penn hasn't had cardio issues. What I am saying is he took a hard shot to the body early on which slowed him down.

That isn't a cardio issue. That's an "oh shit, I'm having a hard time breathing because I'm in a lot of pain" issue. You can have great cardio but if you're having a hard time breathing it's not going to matter.

Some people would have you believe Penn was doing great till he gassed.

Rory's constantly underrated. Some people here thought Penn was going to "humble" this kid, and Penn got destroyed. After that, Penn wasn't much of a victory anyway according to some.
6/9/13 8:01 PM
The Brool Story Company

only people who thought he would "humble" Rory were the Penn nuthuggers.people put their money where their mouth is and Rory was a big favorite for a reason.

6/9/13 8:20 PM
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe

InYoMommaCloset - I was disappointed with that fight with High.

Jason High is much better than that.

He's too chilled out in fights is his problem.

You could see in Erik Silva's face he's like a fuckin' pitbull ready to bit a motherfuckers nose off if he has too.
So much conviction; he's a vicious mofo.

Jason High is an incredible athlete - the difference was so evident between him and Silva.
He's gone the distance with SNOWMAN MONSON in a grappling match.
I'd say his striking technique is probably better than Silva's too.

He's just too damn chilled in fights.

Pffff.

Article on Sherdog about him years ago, how he might be "such a nice guy", so nice he might never live up to his potential in mma.
Motherfucker might have been right.
So you're either from KC or you know Jason personally. He got destroyed, and there is 0% chance his stand-up is anywhere close to Silva's, let alone better, technique or anything. Phone Post
6/9/13 8:31 PM
raags
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brown is booked vs. Alves

Rory is booked vs. Ellenberger

Lawler is booked vs. Siyar

Erick took no damage in his last fight and the UFC should be looking to get him back in the cage ASAP. Silva is marketable and could be made in to a big star, I don't think they should rush him into fighting guys like Rory yet (which would also kill off a prospect's run in the process). If Pyle is ready to go, I'd love to see Erick Silva vs. Mike Pyle booked for the fourth spot on the UFC on Fox Sports 1: Condit vs. Kampmann card. Pyle is tough, wise, and tricky. If Silva can get by him then it would be a real indicator he is ready for a top 10 guy. 

That would make the card:

Condit vs. Kampmann

Cerrone vs. Dos Anjos

Kaufman vs. McMann

Silva vs. Pyle

Gastelum vs. Thiago

Looks GREAT to me! And a great way to get Silva some exposure.

6/9/13 8:49 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Erick has power, but he hasn't fought a technical standup fight in the UFC. He rushes in and unleashes hell every time. If Rory survives the inevitable early onslaught he will beat Erick everywhere. I actually think Rory's striking is head and shoulders above Silva's, technically speaking.
6/9/13 10:08 PM
GROUNDnLB
326 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

raags -

Brown is booked vs. Alves

Rory is booked vs. Ellenberger

Lawler is booked vs. Siyar

Erick took no damage in his last fight and the UFC should be looking to get him back in the cage ASAP. Silva is marketable and could be made in to a big star, I don't think they should rush him into fighting guys like Rory yet (which would also kill off a prospect's run in the process). If Pyle is ready to go, I'd love to see Erick Silva vs. Mike Pyle booked for the fourth spot on the UFC on Fox Sports 1: Condit vs. Kampmann card. Pyle is tough, wise, and tricky. If Silva can get by him then it would be a real indicator he is ready for a top 10 guy. 

That would make the card:

Condit vs. Kampmann

Cerrone vs. Dos Anjos

Kaufman vs. McMann

Silva vs. Pyle

Gastelum vs. Thiago

Looks GREAT to me! And a great way to get Silva some exposure.

I think Pyle is top ten already. Barely, but in the group. Phone Post 3.0
6/9/13 11:46 PM
Lex_o

I've been wanting Rory vs Eric for a while. Ufc has been protecting Rory. Not saying silva would for shure win but its a real dangerous fight for Rory to get trounced and UFC's key to Canada after George is done looses a lot of shine Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 7:32 AM
Ansari
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lex_o - Ufc has been protecting Rory.

Yes, they gave a 20-year-old Rory MacDonald Carlos Condit to protect him.

6/10/13 8:17 AM
DEZBOT

spliff - rather see matt brown vs silva
Ooh I just got movement Phone Post
6/10/13 10:01 AM
raags

Holy shit. @InvisibleControl, in what universe did Rory 'jab BJ to a decision'?

6/10/13 12:42 PM
Herman Munster

Rory.  All day every day.  Right now Silva has zero advantage over Rory at anything.  Rory is also much younger, and still has more potential.  It's funny the same people who will talk about Rory not beating anyone in the top 10, will be the same ones all over Eric's nuts for beating Jason High.lol.  Also, Rory never would have lost to Fitch at the time Silva did.  Ellenberger will get the beating of his life.  Eric Silva will need a better win before he even gets consideration for  an opponent of Rory's.

6/10/13 7:58 PM
Lex_o

Ansari -

Roty had styles advantage Condit had nothing on Rorys wrestling . He was getting taken down and was about to loose on points. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 8:27 PM
Ansari
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lex_o - 
Ansari -

Roty had styles advantage Condit had nothing on Rorys wrestling . He was getting taken down and was about to loose on points. Phone Post 3.0

I don't buy that, but even if I did, do you think that in 2010 after only one fight in the UFC, they put a 20-year-old MacDonald in with an established fighter like Condit with the intention of protecting him?

Not a chance

6/10/13 8:34 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit/Rory and Fitch/Silva were actually very similar fights. Rory and Silva both lost the first round but Rory kept it closer. Both won the second round although Silva came within an eyelash of getting the finish. Both got smashed in the third. Phone Post
6/10/13 8:38 PM
Foos
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rory won the first round of the condit fight
6/10/13 8:40 PM
Lex_o

Rules and scoring system favor Rory over condit style. They both didn't have many fights in ufc at time. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 8:46 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Foos - Rory won the first round of the condit fight
Disagree. Condit landed a lot more, did more damage. Rocked Rory at one point. The crowd and commentary is very one sided in that fight.

Either way, I'm just trying to clear up the notion that one fight showed the fighters potential and the other just showed he doesn't have it. Both fights showed the areas they needed some work on as well as all of the potential.

Also think it was great for them to realize as talented as they were, at this level there are going to be guys who take what you dish out and then give it right back. Hopefully they both reach their full potential. Could be a historic rivalry. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.