UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Clean KO'd for the 1st time.

6/10/13 4:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EvanHayes
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Saturday morning during some hard sparring I got clean KO'd for the 1st time in my life. Slipped a punch as he threw a hard body kick, and BAM!

Shin to chin, next thing I know i'm walking out the ring, asking what happened. Cool experience, def. keeping my hands up from now on.
6/10/13 4:42 PM
IIAces

Awesome. Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 4:53 PM
EvanHayes

Yeah it was crazy, Haha, I didn't remember sparring or anything for the first 20 or 30 minutes, but it all came back to me, they said i just fell straight on my face. Out for 15 - 30 seconds, but I walked out on my own! Haha
6/10/13 5:00 PM
XxLiveBaitxX
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Be prepared that once footage is released, you'll will be inducted into the romoshop threads.
6/10/13 5:01 PM
MTH
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/10/13 5:01 PM
circa305 - Im no doc but I would take it easy for a while a few weeks no head contact.

^FWIW, I agree.

My understanding is that you, in fact and by definition, have now suffered a "concussion."  A doctor's appointment would therefore be a good idea.  Barring that, I'd certainly hope you can manage to take at least 4 to 6 weeks off of head contact. 

Two months of grappling and pad work wouldn't be a waste.  Use it as an opportunity perhaps. 

6/10/13 10:09 PM
EvanHayes

Yeah, i'm definitely not having any head contact for the 1st, 2 weeks, maybe until my next fight. But I've felt perfectly normal since it happened.
6/10/13 10:30 PM
Fan of fanboys
344 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvanHayes - Yeah, i'm definitely not having any head contact for the 1st, 2 weeks, maybe until my next fight. But I've felt perfectly normal since it happened.
My grandma felt ok for couple weeks after she got hit in head once. Then BOOM 35 years later she died of heart failure.
Just saying, take some time Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 10:32 PM
EvanHayes

Fan of fanboys - 
EvanHayes - Yeah, i'm definitely not having any head contact for the 1st, 2 weeks, maybe until my next fight. But I've felt perfectly normal since it happened.
My grandma felt ok for couple weeks after she got hit in head once. Then BOOM 35 years later she died of heart failure.
Just saying, take some time Phone Post 3.0

Hahaha, thanks for the advice.
6/10/13 10:40 PM
(Mike Oxslong)
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Better to experience it in the gym then in the cage :)

I've had my lights put out a couple times an it sucked ... Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 10:47 PM
VITRTOR Yellow'd in my mouth

Haha damn dude.

Congrats! Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 10:53 PM
EvanHayes

Thanks! Haha, and exactly what I said, better in the gym than in the cage. It was something I needed to experience eventually, I was too cocky about dropping my hands.
6/10/13 11:11 PM
(Mike Oxslong)
380 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EvanHayes - Thanks! Haha, and exactly what I said, better in the gym than in the cage. It was something I needed to experience eventually, I was too cocky about dropping my hands.
Yea better to be humbled outside the cage :) glad you took a positive away from it and hopefully it will make you a better fighter ...

It did me or at least a more aware of what can happen at anytime :)

Tat2 Phone Post 3.0
6/10/13 11:54 PM
SgtJustinTeplitz
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad you're okay
6/11/13 12:00 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad nothing to bad happened from it! When's your next fight anyways? Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 12:21 AM
CGJiuJitsu
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Welcome to the "DARK" side...!!! Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 1:32 AM
Piyo

EvanHayes - Yeah, i'm definitely not having any head contact for the 1st, 2 weeks, maybe until my next fight. But I've felt perfectly normal since it happened.

Not long enough. Seriously. You should take a minimum of one *month*.
6/11/13 5:39 AM
Devlin
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Piyo -
EvanHayes - Yeah, i'm definitely not having any head contact for the 1st, 2 weeks, maybe until my next fight. But I've felt perfectly normal since it happened.

Not long enough. Seriously. You should take a minimum of one *month*.
This. Do some pad work, grappling or strength and conditioning. Phone Post
6/11/13 12:15 PM
horsemeat grew my head
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, second impact syndrome is not a myth, your brain is nicely bruised right now. What you have suffered is a stage 3 concussion a la memory loss. No head contact 30 day IMO. On a side not i see your only loss was to Joe Son. Did he punch you in the nuts? Phone Post
6/11/13 12:23 PM
Rudi

Hasnt happened to me yet... Phone Post
6/11/13 12:39 PM
RearNakedToke
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got my first concussion in years in March. Got kicked in the face, cracked my nose, but I didn't go out. Just kinda turned into a zombie Chris Leben and kept going. After I felt like I was drunk for 2 days with a headache. I took a while off to heal since I couldn't grapple with a jacked up nose.

All in all I have gotten at least 4-5 concussions in my life. 3 from Football, 1 from Judo and 1 getting kicked. I have a pretty good chin but try to not test it out as much as possible, since I'm not training for anything right now. Phone Post 3.0
6/11/13 1:46 PM
Happiness Bunny
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The few times I have been knocked out I was drunk and it was from a sucker punch and a kick or two to the head on the ground or being hit with a bottle. Getting taken by surprise in any situation is frightening.

Let your brain rest and even for the next few days don't even work out. Stay still so you don't rattle your brain while it is in a compromised state. My doctor has told me that one of the worst things to go and do after a concussion is go jogging or work out. So just helax for a few days.
6/11/13 3:25 PM
NastyNate420
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been choked out a few times, but never KO'd standing. I was once flash KO'd, it was the craziest thing, I ate a right hook and lost a second or two. That was in seventh grade against an 18 yo man though.
6/11/13 3:43 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definately observe your conditions carefully for the next few weeks and watch for anything not right like headaches or diziness.

I had a friend crash a GT-2 car in SCCA racing by sliding backwards into a barrier and he was fine for two weeks.

He never lost consciousness and wasn't banged up much at all.

When it was time for a vacation a few weeks later, he got busy and did some extremely hot outdoor work in preparation, he stated he had a headache and joked "man, I wonder if this is what a stroke feels like?".

Everything was fine when he went home and he went on vacation the next day.

He still had a slight headache as he checked in at the hotel where he was vacationing, did some vacation stuff, and went to bed.

The next day, he woke up and couldn't remember how to tie his shoes but struggled through it and quickly started declining until he was started feeling numb on one side.

He went to the hospital and his decline did not stop until he was left partially paralyzed on one side and the doctors did what they needed to do to fix the problem.

He had very slight bleed in his brain and has not recovered his former function to this day.

Be careful.
6/11/13 3:56 PM
NastyNate420
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ponyboy - Definately observe your conditions carefully for the next few weeks and watch for anything not right like headaches or diziness.

I had a friend crash a GT-2 car in SCCA racing by sliding backwards into a barrier and he was fine for two weeks.

When it was time for a vacation a few weeks later, he got busy and did some extremely hot outdoor work in preparation, he stated he had a headache and joked "man, I wonder if this is what a stroke feels like?".

He still had a slight headache as he checked in at the hotel where he was vacationing, did some vacation stuff, and went to bed.

The next day, he woke up and couldn't remember how to tie his shoes but struggled through it and quickly started declining until he was started feeling numb on one side.

He went to the hospital and his decline did not stop until he was left partially paralyzed on one side and the doctors did what they needed to do to fix the problem.

He had very slight bleed in his brain and has not recovered his former function to this day.

Be careful.

Hemorrhagic Stroke, very real and very scary.
6/11/13 4:23 PM
RearNakedToke
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ponyboy - Definately observe your conditions carefully for the next few weeks and watch for anything not right like headaches or diziness.

Be careful.
My dad had the same thing happen twice. One day his foot started dragging slightly and we begged him to go to the doc. He waited a day and finally did go, and they said he almost fucked himself. He was on blood thinners for a while, but is still here and didnt need brain surgery thankfully. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.