UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Burkman vs Fitch

6/15/13 11:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kingwank
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here's the video for the folks who think the gif is making Mazz look bad. Doesn't appear so to me.

6/15/13 11:54 AM
BKViper
443 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ESPN just said that Maz is holding a press conference tonight.
Rumor is that he is going to call a stop to the fight.

Cecil Peoples scored this thread: Maz - 30, DFW - 27 Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 11:57 AM
aaronlynton
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/15/13 11:58 AM
RLL
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BKViper - ESPN just said that Maz is holding a press conference tonight.
Rumor is that he is going to call a stop to the fight.

Cecil Peoples scored this thread: Maz - 30, DFW - 27 Phone Post 3.0
Lmao Phone Post
6/15/13 12:02 PM
RKing85
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that is such a bad ass photo.
6/15/13 12:03 PM
Wonderboysleftlung
854 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Burkman needs another ufc shot he has lost once to a current UFC fighter since his release

Get that man a new contract Dana! Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 12:54 PM
Scrimgali

Mazz lost all power to do good when he shaved that mean stache he was RAGING.

needs to grow his Burt Reynolds style mustachio back pronto.

Maybe it will help him in the long run.

Don't doubt the power of the stache... Phone Post
6/15/13 1:05 PM
Jack Skellington
779 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bozy - 
aaronlynton -

Is this the mma version of planking Phone Post

yup, out cold bay-bee

6/15/13 1:13 PM
caposa
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it was a borderline call. You see Fitch's knee go down and then Burkman immediately releases him. When was Mazagatti supposed to step in, BEFORE Fitch was out?

Josh Burkman is just a pro, that's all that's to it. I don't think Mazagatti deserves the criticism for this one. Otherwise you better be prepared to criticize a lot of refs involved with walk-off KO's. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 1:18 PM
Brian Rule
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - I think it was a borderline call. You see Fitch's knee go down and then Burkman immediately releases him. When was Mazagatti supposed to step in, BEFORE Fitch was out?

Josh Burkman is just a pro, that's all that's to it. I don't think Mazagatti deserves the criticism for this one. Otherwise you better be prepared to criticize a lot of refs involved with walk-off KO's. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed, I think this is more indicative of Josh's professionalism - both regarding his skill and his respect for his opponent – than overwhelming fail by Mazagatti. Had he held it for five more seconds while yelling at Maz to stop it then yes that would have been bad. Burkman's just a pro
6/15/13 1:36 PM
MasterofMartialArts
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joshua King - Yeah that was class unlike what bones did to machida Phone Post 3.0
Good fucking post Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 1:39 PM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Wagners Cut -
Kerouac -
And Wagners Cut - 
Kerouac - So yeh, not sure what the fuck you guys are outraged about.
Really? How about the fact that Mazagatti was stood on the wrong side about 6 foot from the action.

Him being stood there meant he never did or never would have seen Fitch go limp. Phone Post 3.0

Maybes are hard to go on, but I get your point. He seemed laissez-faireish.

Still though, Josh let go, Fitch was out, fight over...no damage.

Think about all the one hit knockouts that are followed up with at least one punch...should all the refs that don't swandive between both fighters be scrutinized the same way?

Quite a few wagoners here.
Yeah, burkman did let go, I think people's point is, what if it was a killer like, I dunno frank mir?

He aint letting go until the ref drags him off.

Fitch was lucky it was burkman. Phone Post
THIS right here ^^^^^

and the people flapping "what is so wrong?"

...you are what's wrong. Idiots Phone Post
6/15/13 1:41 PM
FightSpace
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dfw jr - I don't dislike Fitch at all Phone Post
Win or lose this was most definitely an "oh shit moment"

Sucks to see good guys lose when they are down however it is a fight and someone has to...

Hopefully Fitch can get it back together. Phone Post 3.0
6/15/13 1:53 PM
Poindexter
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

aaronlynton - 

Great photo.

6/15/13 1:56 PM
LastMinuteReplacement

mazzagatti knew immediately that hed screwed up
6/15/13 2:09 PM
LyotoBundy
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sign that guy Phone Post
6/15/13 2:19 PM
Foos
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya can't really blame Mazazagatti for this one. Burkman felt Fitch go limp and released him right away.

Respect to Josh for that.

I love it when guy's know a fighter is KO'd or choked out then stop fighting without the ref having to intervene.
6/15/13 2:22 PM
JimmersonzGlove
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should've had the guy with the long mustache. He could've tickled Fitches ear with it to confirm if he was out.

6/15/13 2:25 PM
MMALOGIC

I Hunt Purple-Headed Yogurt Slingers - 

that's so bad ass... just as street as a mark hunt walk away KO.
6/15/13 2:41 PM
Chris27

caposa - I think it was a borderline call. You see Fitch's knee go down and then Burkman immediately releases him. When was Mazagatti supposed to step in, BEFORE Fitch was out?

But had he not let go when was Mazz gonna do something? Cause he was just standing there doing nothing even when Josh let go Mazz was like oh shit, he is out.

WHich means had Josh not let go Mazz probably lets him choke him out more for another 5 to who knows how many more seconds.

Soon as the guy gets put in the choke shouldnt the ref be right there in position to see a tap or him go out? He just stood in the corner like they were wrestling instead of a sub being applied.

6/15/13 2:52 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

Mazz shoulda been looking closer that was a deeeeep choke. Phone Post
6/15/13 3:01 PM
caposa
1662 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 

But had he not let go when was Mazz gonna do something? Cause he was just standing there doing nothing even when Josh let go Mazz was like oh shit, he is out.

WHich means had Josh not let go Mazz probably lets him choke him out more for another 5 to who knows how many more seconds.

Soon as the guy gets put in the choke shouldnt the ref be right there in position to see a tap or him go out? He just stood in the corner like they were wrestling instead of a sub being applied.

How are we supposed to determine what Maz may have done?

Maybe you missed this angle, but he had a perfect view from the top. He was literally right on top of the action and was standing at most 12 inches away while leaning in.

I guess you could say he should have been on his hands and knees with his face right in there, but this sequence happened VERY quickly. Fitch went unconscious VERY quickly. I just feel like people are directing blame at the ref, when Burkman should get credit for being a professional and knowing the second his opponent was out.

6/15/13 3:03 PM
Foos
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya, after watching that GIF, maz clearly did nothing wrong.

Someone said it best earlier in this thread. When you hate someone, everything they do bothers you. When you love someone, they can do no wrong.
6/15/13 3:04 PM
Carne de cavalo é o melhor
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -
Chris27 - 

How are we supposed to determine what Maz may have done?

Maybe you missed this angle, but he had a perfect view from the top. He was literally right on top of the action and was standing at most 12 inches away while leaning in.

I guess you could say he should have been on his hands and knees with his face right in there, but this sequence happened VERY quickly. Fitch went unconscious VERY quickly. I just feel like people are directing blame at the ref, when Burkman should get credit for being a professional and knowing the second his opponent was out.

Looks like mazzagatti tea-bagged Fitch in that .gif Phone Post
6/15/13 3:04 PM
Haulport

dfw jr -  Thank god Josh is class and stopped because that fucking idiot Mazzagatti had NO CLUE what was going on. Much respect Josh Phone Post

Hey Dana,

You ever have anything nice and positive to say (that isn't some sort of overt marketing ploy)?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.