UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Remember Prince Naseem Hamed?

6/19/13 2:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
inf0
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NAILED IT

6/19/13 3:08 PM
RearNakedToke
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder how many kids tried to imitate Prince Naseem in street fights only to get KO'd brutally? Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 3:09 PM
slo ko
897 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watched him fight in either late '99 or early '00 and he dumped his opponent on his head once or twice. It was nuts.

6/19/13 3:23 PM
DiazsBongWater
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RearNakedToke - I wonder how many kids tried to imitate Prince Naseem in street fights only to get KO'd brutally? Phone Post 3.0
A kid in my gym tried doing the flip over the ropes and failed miserably Phone Post 3.0
6/19/13 3:46 PM
Bobby Lupo
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RearNakedToke - I wonder how many kids tried to imitate Prince Naseem in street fights only to get KO'd brutally? Phone Post 3.0
Happened to me while sparring. Tried a hands down leaping hook, ate a counter and took a seat. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 7:25 AM
SHanded83
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ssj -
Dre Eastwood - 
boxing wiz - Very Good Point HexRei. He was no different than Evander Holyfield doing his preaching about his God, other than we never heard about Prince having 3 or 4 divorces, numerous mistresses, and at least 9 kids from I believe 7 or 8 moms, like Evander.

I think his point was that it's not at all representative of Britain to have a "British" fighter like Hamed with "Islam" on his shorts, doing Muslim prayers and making speeches in Arabic before/during his fights. If I was a Brit I wouldn't be a fan either.

lol only a little bitch gets offended at other peoples religion

this world is fucked, we have intolerant munters like this one who thinks a 'british' fighter has to be some jesus loving white guy. have you not opened your eyes to the world?

the primitive past of neanderthal motherfuckers is calling, it wants you.
Hahahahahahah only just seen this. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 10:43 AM
Mas Tisu
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I loved it when he was coming to the ring swinging on a big hula hoop thing,  and one of the fans threw a beer at him. It ruined the whole entrance.

If I am not mistaken, that was the MAB fight, right?

6/24/13 10:59 AM
bhealthy

boxing needs someone like Prince Naz NOW. And a new wave of refs that isnt punk byatches on the take.
6/24/13 11:23 AM
UK Asylum

For a man less that 5ft5, he had some mad power.
6/24/13 6:14 PM
DiazsBongWater
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His legs were massive for a small giy Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 1:11 PM
ShamusO'nyou
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U4EA - 
InYoMommaCloset - 
U4EA - Can't be bothered getting into a discussion, but I recommend EVERYONE (whether you like him or not) read 'Shadows of Boxing: Prince Naseem and Those He Left Behind'. It's written by the head of psychology at Manchester University - who knew Hamed personally - and spells out in the book that he believed Hamed was a psychopath.

Can you go into more detail?

I would suggest you read it. It's very well written.

The guy gets involved in Hamed's world of doormen, nightclubs etc. He talks about Hamed and his body language when he is talking about his KOs etc and points out that other things would cause him to show the same signs, such as a time he and Hamed watched CCTV footage of someone getting stabbed in one of the clubs they used to go to. IIRC (it's been a long time since I read it), he says that Hamed would get aroused while watching his KOs or talking about them and would then start rubbing his ear in a certain way and he did the same thing when he would see footage of stabbings.

He basically spells out he believed he was a psychopath but he clearly couldn't say it directly because of legal reprisal.

Ordered it from amazon but a couple of reviews complained about half the book being about the author himself. Is that the case?
6/26/13 4:11 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
164 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome thread. There is a whole generation of British fight fans who fell in love with boxing due to Naz. Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 4:18 PM
supremexb

2xAA - vs CANS, he looked out of this world

vs REAL boxers(he only faced one), he's a BUM

could never come back after being exposed vs barrera....which makes him far from a CHAMPION

exactly
6/26/13 6:22 PM
SonnendbySilva
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U4EA - Can't be bothered getting into a discussion, but I recommend EVERYONE (whether you like him or not) read 'Shadows of Boxing: Prince Naseem and Those He Left Behind'. It's written by the head of psychology at Manchester University - who knew Hamed personally - and spells out in the book that he believed Hamed was a psychopath.
Wow. Will definately check that out. Phone Post
6/26/13 6:31 PM
U4EA
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SonnendbySilva - 
U4EA - Can't be bothered getting into a discussion, but I recommend EVERYONE (whether you like him or not) read 'Shadows of Boxing: Prince Naseem and Those He Left Behind'. It's written by the head of psychology at Manchester University - who knew Hamed personally - and spells out in the book that he believed Hamed was a psychopath.

The point of the book (as I remember it - it's been years since I read it) was to "out" Hamed as a psychopath.

I don't think it's that big of a shock when there are the reports of his apparent total indifference to the guy who's life he ruined in that car crash.
6/27/13 4:28 AM
Marcus Agrippa

Thought he was cool until I saw the documentary he did and then realised what a total tosser he was. Was beautiful and poetic watching him get beaten all over the ring like a bitch.
6/27/13 5:04 AM
Spoonie Luv

S Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 2:01 AM
heliotropic
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Z NEDCMK1 - 

HAHAHAha had a great laugh from this pic. Totally unique entertainer and brilliant fighter. Seriously, good for him if he wants to eat anything and everything after being a dedicated fighter. He looks happy and that makes me happy.

ahh this made my afternoon though. good times. ;)
6/28/13 2:07 AM
BshMstr
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KickYoNuts - 

Barrera bossed

Awesome!
6/28/13 2:40 AM
Naked in the rain

I used to love the Prince when I was a kid. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 11:36 AM
SonnendbySilva
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U4EA -
SonnendbySilva - 

The point of the book (as I remember it - it's been years since I read it) was to "out" Hamed as a psychopath.

I don't think it's that big of a shock when there are the reports of his apparent total indifference to the guy who's life he ruined in that car crash.
U know anywhere I can download the pdf? Phone Post
6/28/13 2:09 PM
nottheface
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He was everything I hated about modern athletes. I was thrilled when MAB beat him. Can't deny his talent but he was one of those guys I just wanted to see lose. Phone Post 3.0
6/28/13 2:28 PM
hubris
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/28/13 3:22 PM
hubris

7/10/13 7:52 AM
ShamusO'nyou
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

U4EA - 
SonnendbySilva - 

I just finished the book mate, and I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

I think you have characters mixed up/

It was a bouncer named Lenny who watched the vid of the satbbing with him. Naz never saw it. He also talked about this bouncer more than he talked about Naz.

The whole book is more about the author and his experience's than Naz.

Still interesting, but not what I expected

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.