UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hypothetical: Dominant Weidman win

6/20/13 1:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rantuckjr
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For the sake of discussion, lets say Weidman does win the fighter with Anderson and does it in dominating fashion a la Silva v. Franklin. I am not saying this is what i think happens so please do not tell me why Anderson will win (i agree), but we are going forward with a hypothetical Weidman win.

He catches him with some elbows, controls him with wrestling and even does the unthinkable and sumbits him after wearing him out. If this happens, what kind of fighter beats Weidman? He is big, strong, fast, decent striking and great MMA wrestling and submissions. Is there a current contender that gives him the business, is there another up and coming stud that takes his throne or would we be seeing the start of another Jon Jones type run?
6/20/13 1:48 PM
forrestfan
376 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems dumb to say since it's Anderson, the GOAT, but it just so happens Weidman's style matches up well with the only weakness we've ever seen from Silva. Wrestlers are the only guys that seem to win a round here and there. Add power and BJJ to that and something interesting could happen.

That doesn't mean Weidman would beat everyone else. It is a good combination of skills to have though.
6/20/13 1:49 PM
DWray
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Vitor could give Weidman fits, but watching Weidman destroy Silva would likely change my opinion on that.
6/20/13 1:55 PM
Rantuckjr
258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DWray - I think Vitor could give Weidman fits, but watching Weidman destroy Silva would likely change my opinion on that.

I agree with Vitor but it would all depend on how Weidman won. If Silva was not pressing the action and trying to counter and couldnt catch Weidman that way i would say Vitor's in your face agressive style might be a more effective way to attack him.
6/20/13 2:01 PM
RattleCaT
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know who would beat him but chael would be competitive right? You know they would set that up right away. $hypothetical$ Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 2:04 PM
Anderson's BBC in my Goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rantuckjr - For the sake of discussion, lets say Weidman does win the fighter with Anderson and does it in dominating fashion a la Silva v. Franklin. I am not saying this is what i think happens so please do not tell me why Anderson will win (i agree), but we are going forward with a hypothetical Weidman win.

He catches him with some elbows, controls him with wrestling and even does the unthinkable and sumbits him after wearing him out. If this happens, what kind of fighter beats Weidman? He is big, strong, fast, decent striking and great MMA wrestling and submissions. Is there a current contender that gives him the business, is there another up and coming stud that takes his throne or would we be seeing the start of another Jon Jones type run?

styles make fights...if weidman faces someone with really good wrestling and standup he could have problems

6/20/13 2:09 PM
6ULDV8
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/20/13 2:09 PM

It honestly wouldn't surprised me if Weidman took this.  The Spider has had an amazing run and never loses, but law of averages say it will happen eventually.

If Weidman does take it, I feel he could have it taken from him too.  I don't see him as a dynasty like I see AS / GSP / JBJ.

My .02

6/20/13 2:10 PM
PUBLICnoose

Rantuckjr -
DWray - I think Vitor could give Weidman fits, but watching Weidman destroy Silva would likely change my opinion on that.

I agree with Vitor but it would all depend on how Weidman won. If Silva was not pressing the action and trying to counter and couldnt catch Weidman that way i would say Vitor's in your face agressive style might be a more effective way to attack him.
I think vitor is one of the few threats to silva. That front kick was nice but I want to see vitor x silva 2 it will be a war Phone Post 3.0
6/20/13 7:26 PM
hybridfc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One man would own Weidman and steal his soul. That man is Jacare. Phone Post
6/20/13 7:33 PM
CanofPineapple

There's nothing "unthinkable" about Weidman subbing Silva. Stop being a fucking clown.
6/20/13 9:45 PM
Rantuckjr

CanofPineapple - There's nothing "unthinkable" about Weidman subbing Silva. Stop being a fucking clown.

Oh yes ole wise one, that was a terrible use of hyperbole. I mean with all the times he has been submitted (not to mention all of those close submissions he escaped) in the UFC I can see why it was silly of me to say a submission was unthinkable.

Now that we have that straightened out (and I hope your other 57 post were as good as this one) why don't you sit the fuck down and let the adults have a conversation. Assclown.
6/20/13 11:19 PM
aka_rtotheoh

right, weidman has submitted so many people in his long, fightful career. lawlor is basically silva on the ground... so is sakara. genius! not OP. this other guy ^^ Phone Post
6/21/13 2:39 AM
CanofPineapple

Rantuckjr - 
CanofPineapple - There's nothing "unthinkable" about Weidman subbing Silva. Stop being a fucking clown.

Oh yes ole wise one, that was a terrible use of hyperbole. I mean with all the times he has been submitted (not to mention all of those close submissions he escaped) in the UFC I can see why it was silly of me to say a submission was unthinkable.

Now that we have that straightened out (and I hope your other 57 post were as good as this one) why don't you sit the fuck down and let the adults have a conversation. Assclown.

No I understand. You must watch a lot of soap operas and you like dramatizing fight discussion in your posts because you're a huge dork. That's why I called you a clown. And that went flying over your head. And then you responded by being even more of a clown. Excellent job.
6/21/13 2:43 AM
MarkRobinson
1427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hybridfc - One man would own Weidman and steal his soul. That man is Jacare. Phone Post
I like your style, sir. Phone Post 3.0
6/21/13 4:30 AM
genshi
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Weidman did win as well as the Vitor fight I think Gegard Mousasi V Weidman would be an interesting bout. Phone Post 3.0
7/7/13 1:32 AM
Rantuckjr

Is this a bad time to bump this thread?
7/7/13 10:49 AM
Rantuckjr

What about now?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.