UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> "Disrespecting Wanderlei is enough..." - Shogun

6/24/13 7:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
epic hero
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mustard Tiger - 
MMALOGIC - 

Chael would have a much better chance if it were a 3 round fight.

I disagree; a three round fight favors Rua.

If Sonnen survives rounds one and two he will likely take rounds three, four, and five to win a unanimous decision.

But surviving those initial ten minutes in a cage with an aggressive Shogun Rua is a mother fucker.

I'm very excited for this fight.

I disagree. In the 4th and 5th round, those championship rounds, it's going to come down to heart more then anything and Shogun has more.

The guy with the finishing ability and more ways to win, and the durability and heart to go with it, is always going to have the advantage in a 5 round fight. A 3 rounder would favor Chael as maybe he could steal a couple rounds with some takedowns or whatever but he's not doing it for 5 rounds, the guy finds ways to lose he's not a championship fighter
6/24/13 7:49 PM
pheonix5
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After seeing the Hendo/Shogun fight and the heart he displayed, I think will demotivate Sonnen if Sonnen can't finish it early. Question is if Sonnen can display that kind of heart if the roles are reversed.
6/25/13 1:09 AM
Brabo Ben
118 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun via jumping roundhouse Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 3:56 AM
MMAMAZ
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As a shogun fan hoping to see some miraculous run for the title, I'm very nervous for this fight. Phone Post
6/25/13 7:12 AM
Lazer MMA

Edited: 06/25/13 7:13 AM

TTT
6/25/13 7:14 AM
Lazer MMA

epic hero - 
Mustard Tiger - 
MMALOGIC - 

If Sonnen survives rounds one and two he will likely take rounds three, four, and five to win a unanimous decision.

But surviving those initial ten minutes in a cage with an aggressive Shogun Rua is a mother fucker.

I disagree. In the 4th and 5th round, those championship rounds, it's going to come down to heart more then anything and Shogun has more.

The guy with the finishing ability and more ways to win, and the durability and heart to go with it, is always going to have the advantage in a 5 round fight. A 3 rounder would favor Chael as maybe he could steal a couple rounds with some takedowns or whatever but he's not doing it for 5 rounds, the guy finds ways to lose he's not a championship fighter

The post seemed so illogical to me I did not even bather to answer but yea I don't see Shogun as a dog here in the championship rounds by any means. Having said that I don't think it's even getting to those rounds either.
6/25/13 7:37 AM
Mustard Tiger
613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
epic hero - 
Mustard Tiger - 
MMALOGIC - 

The post seemed so illogical to me I did not even bather to answer but yea I don't see Shogun as a dog here in the championship rounds by any means. Having said that I don't think it's even getting to those rounds either.

Shogun is going to blow his wad in the first two rounds, if Chael survives, he will then grapple fuck Rua to win rounds three, four, and five.

What's illogical about that?
6/25/13 7:47 AM
Flannerz
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As soon as Shogun starts landing strikes, Sonnen will hit the ground, turtle up and it will be over
6/25/13 7:56 AM
NotJustA12er

Cannot believe the ufc have wasted a shogun (ageing legend ) fight on Sonnen .

I can respect the save the day angle with the original card but really is a shame for the fans for this fight to be actually scheduled . Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 8:25 AM
Lazer MMA

Mustard Tiger - 
Lazer MMA - 
epic hero - 
Mustard Tiger - 
MMALOGIC - 

Shogun is going to blow his wad in the first two rounds, if Chael survives, he will then grapple fuck Rua to win rounds three, four, and five.

What's illogical about that?

Um, I understood your trend of thought sir. Sonnen himself will be strongest in the 1st two himself. If he can not get TD's then Shogun will end the fight.

If he does get the TD's (to LNP) for short periods of time he will also be expending energy keeping Shogun down and then lots more energy after being swept and needing to TD & hold down Shogun yet again time after time. So I do not see Shogun being more gassed then Sonnen. Further, as Epic pointed out just above this, "The guy with the finishing ability and more ways to win, and the durability and heart to go with it, is always going to have the advantage in a 5 round fight". This is a correct analysis by him also IMO.

6/25/13 11:17 AM
cheesesteak
253 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY?????
6/25/13 11:27 AM
MasterofMartialArts
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChokeEmOut -
Rambo John J - 
Zed Wayne Zed - Sonnen could brutally KO'd here.

And then we'd have to wait three months for his next headlining title defence.

"UFC 167: Velasquez vs Sonnen"

And then after that loss.

Another three months :

"UFC On FOX 10 : Sonnen vs Barao"

But, he steps up and takes fights that nobody else will.
He is such a warrior bro.

You idiots need to put the kool-aid down. His entire thing is to get his ass kicked then he can fall back on the "well I fought the best guys" as if that erases the fact that he has never gotten to the top and that every single time, even when handed to him he flops.

He runs his mouth, nothing more. Shogun will stomp him, then it will be same old same old "he is a natural MW and stepped up to fight at LHW because lil Nog wouldn't"

You alright bro? Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 11:28 AM
SD CARTEL
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Swedgen - 

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6/25/13 11:57 AM
JetSetter

I've never rooted for Shogun but I hope he kicks Chaels ass Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 12:18 PM
mr1709

JetSetter - I've never rooted for Shogun but I hope he kicks Chaels ass Phone Post 3.0

why not? Shogun is impossible to not root for
6/25/13 12:30 PM
Chupacabro
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kickasspoolparty - I have to go with my gut on this. Shogun rd 2 tko.. Phone Post 3.0
haha, no. Shogun isn't KOing any wrestler past the first 5 minutes.

Hope he catches him in the first, though. Want to see Sonnen flat w/ knees locked. Phone Post 3.0
6/25/13 12:30 PM
Phisher

Steven S - 

So glad Shogun is going to beat his ass. Hopefully he takes his BS prowrestling antics with him when he retires.

Chael is going to be Zuffa employed for life. We're going to be subjected to his antics on Zuffa related broadcasts after he retires until the sun expands and swallows the earth.

6/25/13 1:00 PM
LyotoBundy
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kawz1 - I think the line will be pretty close to even with Shogun having a slight edge due to the weight-class and having more paths to victory. Who knows though, Chael's wrestling and Shoguns lack of TDD may tip the odds in Chael's favor.

Awesome sweeps though Phone Post
6/26/13 8:45 AM
saltyrover

I'm a Shogun fan too, but I'm really surprised to see so many people picking him. Sonnen has the gas to TD and wear Rua out, and it's not like Shogun is known for his subs. I'm hoping for a Shogun W by TKO, but I see Chael winning a decision here.
6/26/13 1:08 PM
kawz1
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^I thought Chael gassed a bit in both the Bisping and Anderson2 fights, and didn't have the chance to gas against Jones. Of course, Shogun often looks like the most tired man in the world when fights go deep, but he keeps going and I think his chin/heart will be greater than Chael's gas tank.

Shogun via TKO!!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.