UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: Bellator will never be as good as the UFC

6/24/13 8:20 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Bellator Fighting Championships has made some big stridges in the world of mixed martial arts and defined itself as the second biggest promotion in the United States. But can it be as big as the UFC? Definitely not according to UFC President Dana White:

"They're never going to be as good as us," UFC President Dana White told MMAjunkie.com. "This is what we do 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Christmas. Easter. Let Christmas time come. Viacom shuts down from Dec. 3 to after the new year and then all the big holidays in between. Christmas? I'm on the f---ing phone on Christmas. Easter? I'm on the phone. Thanksgiving? I'm on the phone. Bad s--t happens in our business every day, and if something real bad happens, I'm on a f---ing plane on Christmas Day flying to fix it. That's the difference between us and everybody else.

"Nobody's ever going to outwork us or outhustle us. That's just never going to happen. It's impossible."

read entire article...

6/24/13 8:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JStrongMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was a time in 1997 when I bet Bill Gates never thought Apple could topple Microsoft. Phone Post
6/24/13 8:28 PM
Lobo8

Edited: 06/24/13 8:29 PM
Obviously bellator wont win. They lock up fighters, do shady things and are backed by viacom a company that will not hesitate to dump them at any moment
6/24/13 8:28 PM
NomoRomophobia
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Dana is right. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 8:32 PM
FightSpace
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like if your not one of about 10 guys the UFC isn't treating you very well these days. Wouldn't be surprised to see many guys jump ship over the next few years. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 8:39 PM
thenino
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He may be right, but it's good for the sport if other organizations strive to be as good as the U.F.C.
6/24/13 8:40 PM
epic hero

Willy the Coyote -  So what? It's an alternative, and an entertaining one at that. Phone Post

This, I'm not looking for the next UFC just free entertaining fights
6/24/13 8:43 PM
Rudi

epic hero -
Willy the Coyote -  So what? It's an alternative, and an entertaining one at that. Phone Post

This Phone Post
6/24/13 8:43 PM
epic hero

thenino  - He may be right, but it's good for the sport if other organizations strive to be as good as the U.F.C.

agreed they should strive to put out the best possible product that they can and get the best fighters they can. they can't be the UFC but they can be competition
6/24/13 8:51 PM
Jsteven
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rrefs - In for TTT in 5 years. Phone Post
In for ttt in 3 when bellator is out of business Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 8:54 PM
youarewhatiswrong
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana's a motherfuckin' hustla. 24/7 mothafucka.
6/24/13 8:54 PM
BrattMamley
1064 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love how hard Dana works for the sport. If you read this Dana, thanks for all you do. Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 8:56 PM
MisterMr
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana you know.. I think you are being a goof for not giving Sara McMann the title shot and protect your favorite girl but hey you have to know...

You are the man! Keep up the REAL good work! :-)
6/24/13 9:08 PM
Glovegate

He's right.

Bellator is too busy handing out illegitimate title shots to fighters coming off losses and from other divisions; locking fighters into overly restrictive contracts; keeping salaries fairly low, etc

Oh wait, that's the UFC.

Real fight fans don't care about the banner under which the fights are fought, they only care about the fights.  I don't mean to sound butthurt about them or anything.  I still like the UFC's product enough to buy the stacked cards (which are admittedly fewer in number).  But the fact that Dana is thinking and talking about them suggests they aren't nothing.  And a few years ago, they were even less than that.  So it's not inconceivable that they could continue to grow.

Anyway it doesn't matter.  May the best man win and in the end, we the fans also win no matter what.

6/24/13 9:09 PM
12SixElbow
615 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree, they probably aren't going to be...

but IMO it has nothing to fucking do with Viacom taking 4 weeks off for Christmas.

6/24/13 9:10 PM
UGCTT_BluePlease
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for years later.

6/24/13 9:22 PM
Winston Wolf

im still available for hire
6/24/13 9:25 PM
Lynchman
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FightSpace - Seems like if your not one of about 10 guys the UFC isn't treating you very well these days. Wouldn't be surprised to see many guys jump ship over the next few years. Phone Post 3.0

Really? Because plenty of UFC fighters seem pretty damn happy.

I think that most fighters in both companies are fairly happy. In any business, there will be some conflict and some issues.
6/24/13 10:11 PM
MMALOGIC

obviously... 

the real headline here is that Dana took aim at Major league baseball on ESPN wednesday nights. 

Wednesday night baseball averages around 1.3 million viewers for espn.  UFC can certainly beat that especially in the target demos.

UFC looking to take over wednesday nights.  if they can get to the fight night numbers they were pulling on spike (1.8m plus) it will be huge for fs1 and when it comes time to renegotiate the deal with fox, zuffa's gonna get paid.

And the UFC isnt getting the entire primetime block on wednesday nights to just air unleashed... Fox wants a weekly live fight series. Once the UFC gets consistent live programming on an accessible network, and is able to hit every major market in the USA at least once per year... it will be huge for the sport.

6/24/13 10:16 PM
Kostakio
487 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC or Bellator? Phone Post 3.0
6/24/13 10:35 PM
Chris27

ssj - Bellator got swag that UFC lost years ago

i like how ufc talks itself up all the time yet gives us TRASH PPV's and watered down cards

Yeah the PPV and free cards look very trashy and watered down.

Just look at aug, look at those two trashy PPV and two free cards, so watered down.

6/24/13 10:46 PM
Vote me down

Gotta give love to Bellator otherwise Dana would be giving us really shitty cards being headlined by some bums, wait he already does.

6/24/13 10:58 PM
MMARAIDER

In Phone Post
6/24/13 11:07 PM
Korpiklaani

Rudi - 
epic hero -

This Phone Post

6/24/13 11:07 PM
Mertvaya Ruka

what the ufc has is bosses who are true fight fans.

viacom needs to prove they are in this to stay.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.