UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Weidman Expects to Face Silva Twice to Cement His

6/26/13 3:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rawlow1200
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out this exclusive interview with Chris Weidman where he talks UFC 162 and his showdown with Anderson Silva.
6/26/13 6:16 PM
FullyLoadedFists
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's probably right Phone Post
6/26/13 6:27 PM
joe canada
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't worry buddy, you'll only have to fight him once.

*backs away from thread before making a complete ass of himself*
6/26/13 6:33 PM
ABE FROMAN

Funny thing is that if Siva were the one saying the same people would be crying about arrogance.

Weidman has all but written Silva off, this isn't confidence this is predetermining a winner and not giving your opponent any credit. He truy believes that the fight is over and he already holds the belt.

6/26/13 6:40 PM
DatSpider
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/26/13 6:42 PM
I actually like Weidman, but can't root against Silva.

He'll be a future champ.
6/26/13 6:45 PM
Malvert the Janitor
802 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't see a link...fucking phone Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 7:20 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

Funny thing is that if Siva were the one saying the same people would be crying about arrogance.

Weidman has all but written Silva off, this isn't confidence this is predetermining a winner and not giving your opponent any credit. He truy believes that the fight is over and he already holds the belt.

This, it's that my own shit doesn't stink attitude.
6/26/13 7:38 PM
nolabrum
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Both of you lack critical thinking.

Chris Wridman: I think Anderson is one of the greatest of all time, he is not bad at any area. His biggest attribute is that he is completely relaxed and confident and makes you feel like you don't belong in there with him. If I beat Anderson Silva I definitely/kinda expect a rematch unless he decides to retire because he is the greatest of all time, he is undefeated in the UFC. I'm sure he is not gonna just lose and then have to fight a couple of guys to get the title shot again he is gonna get back in there. On July 6th the fans can definitely expect me to be walking forward looking to punch him in the face looking for the takedown and when I get on top of him I'm gonna be relentless with submissions and ground and pound.

That is what Weidman said. How the fuck do you assume he has written Silva off and is not giving silva credit.

I swear you two are about as dumb as you can get. Weidman clearly gives a good interview where he praises the champ and specifically says "if" he wins what will happens. But instead of watching it and understanding that he is hyping a fight you morons go on and on about how if Silva said that he would be considered arrogant and then state that Weidman doesn't give Silva any credit. GTFO Phone Post 3.0
6/26/13 7:41 PM
nolabrum
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/26/13 7:42 PM
ManWithTheIronFists - 
ABE FROMAN - 

This, it's that my own shit doesn't stink attitude.

I was directing my rant at you two and all the other Silva fans that see things the way you two do.
6/26/13 7:42 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nolabrum - Both of you lack critical thinking.

Chris Wridman: I think Anderson is one of the greatest of all time, he is not bad at any area. His biggest attribute is that he is completely relaxed and confident and makes you feel like you don't belong in there with him. If I beat Anderson Silva I definitely/kinda expect a rematch unless he decides to retire because he is the greatest of all time, he is undefeated in the UFC. I'm sure he is not gonna just lose and then have to fight a couple of guys to get the title shot again he is gonna get back in there. On July 6th the fans can definitely expect me to be walking forward looking to punch him in the face looking for the takedown and when I get on top of him I'm gonna be relentless with submissions and ground and pound.

That is what Weidman said. How the fuck do you assume he has written Silva off and is not giving silva credit.

I swear you two are about as dumb as you can get. Weidman clearly gives a good interview where he praises the champ and specifically says "if" he wins what will happens. But instead of watching it and understanding that he is hyping a fight you morons go on and on about how if Silva said that he would be considered arrogant and then state that Weidman doesn't give Silva any credit. GTFO Phone Post 3.0

I admit i posted before I watched, but I just assumed it was one of those other interviews where he says he's going to beat him and finish him, then give him a rematch in New York. Those other interviews he's clearly showing no respect. Calm down you little butt hurt Weidman fan.
6/26/13 7:50 PM
nolabrum

ManWithTheIronFists - 

I admit i posted before I watched, but I just assumed it was one of those other interviews where he says he's going to beat him and finish him, then give him a rematch in New York. Those other interviews he's clearly showing no respect. Calm down you little butt hurt Weidman fan.

Can you post one of those videos of Weidman being disrespectful? It should be easy to do because apparently he does it often. Also how am I a butthurt Weidman fan? can you find any post I have made discrediting Silva? I simply hate, and I do mean hate people who put their two cents in and dont know what they are talking about.
6/26/13 7:59 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 06/26/13 7:59 PM

All that bullshit for the exact lack of critical thinking you claim to possess but don't. 

The worst part of dumbasses is their immediate need to name call before they actually debate, ok I'll bite. You're dumb as bricks. This isn't Weidman's first interview and it's not the first time he's acted as though the belt was already his.

Catch up, fuckface.

I've read about 20 interviews that lead me to believe this, not just one. Now if you want to continue to be an asshole I'll treat you like one, asshole.

6/26/13 8:06 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

Worked for Jones, right? Why not Weidman? I mean aside from the fact that Jones is as great as Jones is and Weidman KO'd a fat Munoz and had a horrible fight against a BJJ ace who promptly moved down a division.

Personally I dont care about someones arrogance/confidence if they back it up. I'm here to watch people punch each other in the face, not measure their character. I do think people get a little too held up by what fighter X says.
6/26/13 8:11 PM
nolabrum

ABE FROMAN - 

All that bullshit for the exact lack of critical thinking you claim to possess but don't. 

The worst part of dumbasses is their immediate need to name call before they actually debate, ok I'll bite. You're dumb as bricks. This isn't Weidman's first interview and it's not the first time he's acted as though the belt was already his.

Catch up, fuckface.

I've read about 20 interviews that lead me to believe this, not just one. Now if you want to continue to be an asshole I'll treat you like one, asshole.

So let me get this straight. Somebody makes a post with a clip of a Weidman interview. You respond on this post and say

"Funny thing is that if Siva were the one saying the same people would be crying about arrogance. Weidman has all but written Silva off, this isn't confidence this is predetermining a winner and not giving your opponent any credit. He truy believes that the fight is over and he already holds the belt."

I reply to that and this is your new response

" This isn't Weidman's first interview and it's not the first time he's acted as though the belt was already his.
Catch up, fuckface. I've read about 20 interviews that lead me to believe this, not just one."

Very well let's break down your first response followed by your second.

your first response is a response to video, not to the other 20 interviews Weidman has been a part of. You go on and make assumptions about Weidman writing Silva off. But if you watch this video again you clearly see that Weidman is not writing Silva off, nor is he being disrespectful whatsover. What I do when I argue with you is produce evidence, I wrote out everything Weidman said to prove to you that what you said is not correct. Now you change your response and say that it was because the other interviews Weidman did made you come to this conclusion. So all I ask is that you post one of those interviews here so I can dissect it and make you look stupid again. G'day
6/26/13 8:17 PM
nolabrum

Kings21 - 
ABE FROMAN - 

Worked for Jones, right? Why not Weidman? I mean aside from the fact that Jones is as great as Jones is and Weidman KO'd a fat Munoz and had a horrible fight against a BJJ ace who promptly moved down a division.

Personally I dont care about someones arrogance/confidence if they back it up. I'm here to watch people punch each other in the face, not measure their character. I do think people get a little too held up by what fighter X says.

Abe, You got another guy to join your crew. Another person talking out of his ass. See how you guys go out of your way to discredit Weidman. Munoz is a top ten MW dont give me that excuse about him being fat/out of shape whatever you wanna make up. Plain and simple Munoz was fit to fight, had he won he would have gotten a title shot. How are you going to discredit Maia? He was a top ten MW and decided to move down. You understand Maia fought Silva right? So when Maia fought Silva he was a legit opponent but when he fought Weidman he was not. Gotcha
6/26/13 8:24 PM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 06/26/13 8:25 PM
nolabrum - 
ABE FROMAN - 

Catch up, fuckface.

So let me get this straight. Somebody makes a post with a clip of a Weidman interview. You respond on this post and say

"Funny thing is that if Siva were the one saying the same people would be crying about arrogance. Weidman has all but written Silva off, this isn't confidence this is predetermining a winner and not giving your opponent any credit. He truy believes that the fight is over and he already holds the belt."

" This isn't Weidman's first interview and it's not the first time he's acted as though the belt was already his.
Catch up, fuckface. I've read about 20 interviews that lead me to believe this, not just one."

your first response is a response to video, not to the other 20 interviews Weidman has been a part of. You go on and make assumptions about Weidman writing Silva off. But if you watch this video again you clearly see that Weidman is not writing Silva off, nor is he being disrespectful whatsover. What I do when I argue with you is produce evidence, I wrote out everything Weidman said to prove to you that what you said is not correct. Now you change your response and say that it was because the other interviews Weidman did made you come to this conclusion. So all I ask is that you post one of those interviews here so I can dissect it and make you look stupid again. G'day

There goes that lack of critical thinking again. First, 'you argue wih me', as if we typically have discussions of some kind. I don't know you and don't recall ever responding to you. 

Second, you take a fighter as a whole, and my take on Weidman based on what I've seen of him is that he is overconfident. When was the last time you heard a challenger mention giving a rematch to a dominant champion? Yes, this combined with the multiple other statements he's made saying 'I'm going to beat Silva' leads me to believe he's cocky. This is my opinion of him in his interviews. I can handle Chris being cocky if you can handle him getting feedback on it.

If you don't see it that's on you, it's my opinion, I didn't say he was a dick, I said he was arrogant and I believe it.

I don't feel a need to bolster this discussion with the multiple other statements he's made that flesh this whole point out. If you want to tard I can't stop you.

6/26/13 8:24 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nolabrum - 
Kings21 - 
ABE FROMAN - 

Abe, You got another guy to join your crew. Another person talking out of his ass. See how you guys go out of your way to discredit Weidman. Munoz is a top ten MW dont give me that excuse about him being fat/out of shape whatever you wanna make up. Plain and simple Munoz was fit to fight, had he won he would have gotten a title shot. How are you going to discredit Maia? He was a top ten MW and decided to move down. You understand Maia fought Silva right? So when Maia fought Silva he was a legit opponent but when he fought Weidman he was not. Gotcha

I think you're missing the point. The fact that they are ranked top 10, top 5, #1 contender etc does not mean that they are actually near Silva's level. Weidman is good but he has yet to prove that he has anything for Silva. I'm not against him getting a title shot or if Munoz had won, giving him the title shot. I'm just saying what I believe to be reasons that expose Weidman being overhyped. I havent joined Abe's "Crew" as you put it. I just expressed my opinion and you jump to the conclusion that I must be in cahoots with another poster.

MW has long been considered a weak division in the UFC. Does Silva add to that by his outstanding performances? Absolutely. But that doesnt take away the fact that he's had some losses against guys he should have dominated and also had some poor performances while being champion. Jones has accomplished more while being at a younger age. And I believe he's done it in a much tougher division.
6/26/13 8:42 PM
nolabrum

Kings21 - 
nolabrum - 
Kings21 - 
ABE FROMAN - 

I think you're missing the point. The fact that they are ranked top 10, top 5, #1 contender etc does not mean that they are actually near Silva's level. Weidman is good but he has yet to prove that he has anything for Silva. I'm not against him getting a title shot or if Munoz had won, giving him the title shot. I'm just saying what I believe to be reasons that expose Weidman being overhyped. I havent joined Abe's "Crew" as you put it. I just expressed my opinion and you jump to the conclusion that I must be in cahoots with another poster.

MW has long been considered a weak division in the UFC. Does Silva add to that by his outstanding performances? Absolutely. But that doesnt take away the fact that he's had some losses against guys he should have dominated and also had some poor performances while being champion. Jones has accomplished more while being at a younger age. And I believe he's done it in a much tougher division.

I apolagize for grouping you with those other guys and for offending you. Sometimes I am just as retarded as some of the other posters here and this may have been one of those times. To be perfectly honest I dont think there are many fighters at Andersons Level in the UFC at any weight class. I think if he was the same size as every champ in the UFC he would probably beat them all except for maybe GSP and Jones( I dont think I would count Silva out on those fights either but those fights would prove to be more difficult). Since Silva joined the UFC the MW division does seem rather weak compared to the rest of the divisions but I think that has more to dowith Anderson being that good. That being said guys ranked in the top ten are all we got to compare Anderson's greatness and you cant hold it against them that he is that much better than them. I think as of now MW division is looking as good as it ever has and I truly believe Weidman is the only guy that has a shot of winning. I am not saying he will win because you just cant count Silva out. All I say is that Weidman is the biggest threat and the most deserving. It is not his fault that there are only so many guys he can fight at MW. All that being said this last post you made was a much better post then your orginal post.
6/26/13 8:44 PM
nolabrum

ABE FROMAN - 
nolabrum - 
ABE FROMAN - 

Catch up, fuckface.

There goes that lack of critical thinking again. First, 'you argue wih me', as if we typically have discussions of some kind. I don't know you and don't recall ever responding to you. 

Second, you take a fighter as a whole, and my take on Weidman based on what I've seen of him is that he is overconfident. When was the last time you heard a challenger mention giving a rematch to a dominant champion? Yes, this combined with the multiple other statements he's made saying 'I'm going to beat Silva' leads me to believe he's cocky. This is my opinion of him in his interviews. I can handle Chris being cocky if you can handle him getting feedback on it.

If you don't see it that's on you, it's my opinion, I didn't say he was a dick, I said he was arrogant and I believe it.

I don't feel a need to bolster this discussion with the multiple other statements he's made that flesh this whole point out. If you want to tard I can't stop you.

I think we will agree to disagree. We both think the other person is an Idiot. Only one of us is right.
6/26/13 9:00 PM
MieshaTatesSideBoob
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has confidence, I'll give him that. That is something I feel most Anderson opponents don't walk in the ring with. Phone Post 3.0
7/1/13 10:08 AM
Rawlow1200
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

7/1/13 2:37 PM
WoodenPupa
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ABE FROMAN - 

Not full blown Jerry Bohlander Syndrome yet, but he's starting to walk that road.
7/7/13 5:34 AM
nolabrum

WoodenPupa -
ABE FROMAN - 

Not full blown Jerry Bohlander Syndrome yet, but he's starting to walk that road.
Buhhahahahaaha Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.