UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator PPV Card

6/29/13 12:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
luctaro
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Say Eddie the Bellator prodigal son returns and they give him a PPV fight. Alvarez vs Chandler II would be the Main Event but how about the undercad??

Build a Bellator PPV Card UG!!
6/29/13 12:19 PM
caseharts
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Theres no ppv they could put together to get me to pay at ufc standard pricing. Phone Post
6/29/13 12:25 PM
Michael Chase
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - Theres no ppv they could put together to get me to pay at ufc standard pricing. Phone Post
I highly doubt they would price the very first one at the UFC's level...

That would be incredibly stupid. Phone Post
6/29/13 12:28 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

King Mo v Rampage would be interesting. I know Rampage is going to Heavyweight but for PPV purposes I would be interested in this fight. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 12:31 PM
luctaro
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life - King Mo v Rampage would be interesting. I know Rampage is going to Heavyweight but for PPV purposes I would be interested in this fight. Phone Post 3.0

I think Mo vs Rampage can be a Bellator PPV headline on its own.

Im taking a look at the Bellator roster to pick a Main Card.
6/29/13 12:32 PM
caseharts
399 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
Michael Chase -
caseharts - Theres no ppv they could put together to get me to pay at ufc standard pricing. Phone Post
I highly doubt they would price the very first one at the UFC's level...

That would be incredibly stupid. Phone Post
Do not expect their ego to disappear. Phone Post
6/29/13 12:32 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
If they do not price it the same how can they promise eddie the same amount of money? They can't. Phone Post
6/29/13 12:38 PM
ProteinBake
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I watch Bellator regularly. I like a lot of their fighters. But I can't imagine spending more than 20 bucks at most....

And they'd probably need to have both Chandler and Curran on the PPV for ppl to buy. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 12:45 PM
MostLegit
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

luctaro -
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life - King Mo v Rampage would be interesting. I know Rampage is going to Heavyweight but for PPV purposes I would be interested in this fight. Phone Post 3.0

You're already under stacking an imaginary card? Fans are too impressed by under stacked cards. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 1:01 PM
luctaro

MostLegit - 
luctaro -

You're already under stacking an imaginary card? Fans are too impressed by under stacked cards. Phone Post 3.0

haha well I was thinking of a triple feature like this:

LW Title: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler
FW Title: Pat Curran vs Daniel Straus
WW Tourney Final:Ben Saunders vs Douglas Lima
LHW:Vladimir Matyushenko vs Christian M’Pumbu
6/29/13 1:02 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
luctaro -
MostLegit - 
luctaro -

haha well I was thinking of a triple feature like this:

LW Title: Eddie Alvarez vs Michael Chandler
FW Title: Pat Curran vs Daniel Straus
WW Tourney Final:Ben Saunders vs Douglas Lima
LHW:Vladimir Matyushenko vs Christian M’Pumbu
Still not worth it imo. Especially after all the bad press. Phone Post
6/29/13 1:07 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - If they do not price it the same how can they promise eddie the same amount of money? They can't. Phone Post
Of course they can. A dollar per PPV up to 250,000 buys, then 2 bucks etc etc. they can offer exactly the same terms, it just means Bellators profits will be less if they charge less than UFC.

The terms I have mentioned are fictitious, I can't remember the exact terms that were offered but of course they can still match if they lowered the PPV price. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 1:13 PM
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life

I want Nader on the undercard, if that happens I'm in. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 1:14 PM
Doc T
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

luctaro -

King mo was knocked out by half a spinning back fist, by a guy who had like 3 previous TKO's. Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 1:17 PM
woe
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been an MMA fan since before UFC 1 and haven't bought a PPV in ten years and can't imagine a card worth buying. Not even Silva vs Jones would get me to part with the money. Just isn't worth it any more.
6/29/13 1:19 PM
luctaro

Doc T - 
luctaro -

King mo was knocked out by half a spinning back fist, by a guy who had like 3 previous TKO's. Phone Post 3.0

If King Mo vs Rampage happens, they could talk a lot of MMA fans into buying their fight, not to mention some Theather Wrestling fans over @ TNA.
6/29/13 1:25 PM
UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

woe - I've been an MMA fan since before UFC 1 and haven't bought a PPV in ten years and can't imagine a card worth buying. Not even Silva vs Jones would get me to part with the money. Just isn't worth it any more.

6/29/13 1:27 PM
Augustus Caesar
924 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator going to PPV would be a terrible idea, they have a hard enough time having fans stay loyal to them, why would they make things worse by going to PPV? I don't see them going that route anytime soon, they do not have the talent for it, and the latest ratings on Spike show that they would be out of their element to even attempt PPV at this point, even with Alverez vs Chandler 2.

6/29/13 1:29 PM
caseharts

Pugilistics MMA
Bisping=Gatekeeper4Life -
caseharts - If they do not price it the same how can they promise eddie the same amount of money? They can't. Phone Post
Of course they can. A dollar per PPV up to 250,000 buys, then 2 bucks etc etc. they can offer exactly the same terms, it just means Bellators profits will be less if they charge less than UFC.

The terms I have mentioned are fictitious, I can't remember the exact terms that were offered but of course they can still match if they lowered the PPV price. Phone Post 3.0
I don't think they can afford that but their best ppv won't break 50 k buys Phone Post
6/29/13 1:34 PM
ProteinBake
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler -
woe - I've been an MMA fan since before UFC 1 and haven't bought a PPV in ten years and can't imagine a card worth buying. Not even Silva vs Jones would get me to part with the money. Just isn't worth it any more.

Lol Phone Post 3.0
6/29/13 1:41 PM
JerseyShoreTapTeam
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's not happening.

It will never happen.

Please stop living these pipe dreams:

But let's just say you wanna do a 5-fight PPV card:

Michael Chandler v. Eddie Alvarez II
Pat Curran v. Daniel Straus
King Mo v. ????
Rampage v. ????
Douglas Lima v. Ben Saunders II
6/29/13 1:45 PM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My card would be

Alvarez vs Chandler
Curran vs Straus
Shlemenko vs Marshall
Rampage vs Minakov
Daley vs Saunders
6/29/13 1:47 PM
luctaro

Augustus Caesar - 

Bellator going to PPV would be a terrible idea, they have a hard enough time having fans stay loyal to them, why would they make things worse by going to PPV? I don't see them going that route anytime soon, they do not have the talent for it, and the latest ratings on Spike show that they would be out of their element to even attempt PPV at this point, even with Alverez vs Chandler 2.

I think they have to give Chandler a PPV fight to honor their rebuttal contract to UFC's.
Could be wrong
6/29/13 2:07 PM
smth416
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_THE Kevin Chandler -

That's a new one. A fan since before ufc 1. Phone Post
6/29/13 2:11 PM
Sudo21
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage vs. King Mo
Eddie Alvarez vs. Michael Chandler
Douglas Lima vs. Ben Saunders II
Cheick Kongo vs. Ryan Martinez
Shakhbulat Shamkalaev vs. Patricio Freire

Spike TV undercard

Paul Daley vs. War Machine
Rick Hawn vs. Marisu Zaromskis War Machine
Karl Amoussou vs. Bryan Baker II
Rad Martinez vs. Marlon Sandro
Lyman Good vs. Karo Parisyan

Maybe if they do 3 tournaments with finals on PPV + 2 really marketable names in main and co-main events (Lawal, Rampage, Alvarez...) they can get some solid buys for first PPV, but they really need to create more stars who can headline entire event if they want to have long term PPV success.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.