UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva to Weidman: This isn't wrestling, it's MMA

7/3/13 1:28 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Chris Weidman is a two-time All-American from Hofstra, with an undefeated MMA record. Saturday night he takes on UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, live on PPV.

Weidman's gameplan cannot be to stand and trade strikes with Silva. And it is hard to imagine he will be able to tap out the BJJ black belt. So that leaves wrestling Silva for every second of every minute of every round.

The precedent was set by Chael Sonnen, who dealt with Silva handily for a long time in their first fight, and much shorter period in the second fight. Until of course he didn't.

However, 'The Spider' offers a simple reminder about the scenario.

“This isn’t wrestling, this is MMA," said Silva. "This isn’t Jiu-Jitsu, this is MMA. This isn’t Muay Thai, this is MMA.”

7/3/13 1:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/03/13 1:32 AM

7/3/13 1:49 AM
UGCTT_NKTKDace
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for sure fire shit storm!

Everything Chris says gets turned into e-news because he is confident, likes nice pictures on his fridge etc etc

And Anderson says this? Holy crap

Someone hurry and throw a dick in the sky... We need goku asap Phone Post
7/3/13 1:52 AM
inf0
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yo dawg I hear you got amazing wrestling with a submission or two....... cool story bro

7/3/13 1:54 AM
Augustus Caesar
918 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

I love this gif, thanks for posting it.

7/3/13 2:01 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Augustus Caesar -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

I'm pretty sure that was his reaction to Thales Leites saying Silva would have to kill him to beat him lol Phone Post
7/3/13 2:23 AM
XIITT_Anderson P Sonnen_
706 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -
Augustus Caesar -
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA - 

I'm pretty sure that was his reaction to Thales Leites saying Silva would have to kill him to beat him lol Phone Post
Then I'm pretty sure he looks like it would be s pleasure to kill a man lol. Phone Post
7/3/13 3:09 AM
pulsar

Yeah... This whole Weidman thing has gotten a bit out of control. Maybe another 2-3 wins and everything was good to go, but it's just too soon for him against the GOAT.

7/3/13 3:22 AM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ManWithTheIronFists to UG Blog: "I made a thread with this video yesterday with the other two videos from the interview."
7/3/13 4:18 AM
KZTT_W85
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 4:27 AM
mijo

Weidman has legitimate skills, and will challenge, or be champion for some time. I like him alot, but Anderson is a huge step up. He has beaten alot of different styles, including wrestling. Weidman is a couple of years away, and should have fought a legitimate challenger, before facing Silva.

Anderson 2nd rd TKO.
7/3/13 4:31 AM
HexRei

mijo - Weidman has legitimate skills, and will challenge, or be champion for some time. I like him alot, but Anderson is a huge step up. He has beaten alot of different styles, including wrestling. Weidman is a couple of years away, and should have fought a legitimate challenger, before facing Silva.

Anderson 2nd rd TKO.

I only agree in that Wiedman would have a better chance to beat an even older Silva than the current 38 year old version. If we could freeze Silva in time today I don't think Weidman's evolved skillset would ever beat him. Silva is a special kind of fighter.
7/3/13 5:58 AM
sitchpack

Anderson is not wrong Phone Post
7/3/13 8:20 AM
Y2JB

Anderson makes a compelling point.
7/3/13 12:40 PM
The Last Emperor

I can't wait to see everyone's feet in their mouth when Weidman not only beats, but finishes Anderson.
7/3/13 12:44 PM
Don_Dada
196 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Last Emperor - I can't wait to see everyone's feet in their mouth when Weidman not only beats, but finishes Anderson.

7/3/13 7:19 PM
rwake

I agree with Anderson, but the last guy who used that line was Tito against Randy.

"This ain't wrestling, man. This is fighting." Then proceeded to get wrestlefucked for 5 rounds.

Not saying Chris is randy (except both had more than just wrestling)or that Tito is silva (lol) but Andy is setting himself up to eat those words.

I am rooting for silva btw Phone Post 3.0
7/3/13 7:29 PM
Entreri

Weedman needs to have GSP like wrestling = UD win. He has to smother Anderson. LnP.

Oh, and limit the time in the Matrix as much as possible.

If he has a striking match too long against Anderson, history.
7/3/13 7:31 PM
HexRei

rwake - I agree with Anderson, but the last guy who used that line was Tito against Randy.

"This ain't wrestling, man. This is fighting." Then proceeded to get wrestlefucked for 5 rounds.

Not saying Chris is randy (except both had more than just wrestling)or that Tito is silva (lol) but Andy is setting himself up to eat those words.

I am rooting for silva btw Phone Post 3.0

Eh, maybe. The real problem there IMO was that Tito's main strength was wrestling, and Randy was just better at it, meaning that Tito effectively had no strengths at all in that fight.
7/3/13 7:42 PM
ManWithTheIronFists
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He didn't even say that to Chris Weidman, he was just answering a question. UG Blog does it again!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.