UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> invicta pays 1/2 to cable co,ufc pays 1/2

7/14/13 11:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for the same air time ? I don't know nothing about broadcasting

but somebody getting f ed
7/14/13 11:19 PM
luctaro
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

?

You are saying in both cases ppv companies take half, but the UFC PPV charge more?
7/14/13 11:20 PM
victorpoprock
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fuck are you trying to say op? Phone Post
7/14/13 11:21 PM
Matt Phillips
831 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A typical PPV contract is half goes to the provider.

7/14/13 11:22 PM
Brigham
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do you have some sort of a question? Phone Post
7/14/13 11:27 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cable isn't broadcasting, if you wanna be picky.

7/14/13 11:29 PM
GROUNDnLB
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still don't understand why the UFC does not invest in infrastructure to launch their own ppv type with cable companies. They are losing hundreds of millions by giving them half Phone Post 3.0
7/14/13 11:30 PM
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yes,the cable co is willing to put on a ppv for 29.99 and maybe 100,000 buys for the same air time as a ufc event.yet the ufc pays 15 million for the same air time.i understand handling charges but dam.
7/14/13 11:33 PM

GROUNDnLB - I still don't understand why the UFC does not invest in infrastructure to launch their own ppv type with cable companies. They are losing hundreds of millions by giving them half Phone Post 3.0

that's what I would think,but only if they pay 1/2 like everyone says.it don't add up
7/14/13 11:37 PM

Brigham -  Do you have some sort of a question? Phone Post

why is the cable co willing to do a ppv for $100,000 and get to charge the ufc 15 million for the same service
7/14/13 11:52 PM
GROUNDnLB
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

12 -

why is the cable co willing to do a ppv for $100,000 and get to charge the ufc 15 million for the same service
Set up infrastructure = fixed costs

The variable costs of it are negligible. How many people are watching an average PPV movie? Invicta was pulling multiples more in viewership than a ppv movie.

You can't compare invicta's revenue to the ppv king, UFC. If ppv is making money with 'garden of Eden after dark 9' they sure as hell are making money on the invicta card Phone Post 3.0
7/14/13 11:56 PM
RKing85
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Invicta is going to lose their ass on this PPV last night.
7/14/13 11:59 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RKing85 - Invicta is going to lose their ass on this PPV last night.

Yeah it probably didnt do alot of buys but it was a good card.

You need a tv deal to help push a PPV.  Hopefully they get a tv deal next either with Showtime or NBC Sports or someone. 

7/15/13 12:03 AM

GROUNDnLB - 
12 -

The variable costs of it are negligible. How many people are watching an average PPV movie? Invicta was pulling multiples more in viewership than a ppv movie.

You can't compare invicta's revenue to the ppv king, UFC. If ppv is making money with 'garden of Eden after dark 9' they sure as hell are making money on the invicta card Phone Post 3.0

im sure they r,but why is the cost so high for a ufc event?

if someone told me that they r going to charge me
15 million for the same air time they gave to make 100,000 ,I would go tell them get f ed
7/15/13 11:29 AM
luctaro
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 

You need a tv deal to help push a PPV.  Hopefully they get a tv deal next either with Showtime or NBC Sports or someone. 

Its hard to get a TV deal and at the same time remain super-friendly with the UFC, because they would compete for talent at least in 135, and in 125 in the future.

They are not like the rest of feeder leagues due to the short number of female fighters and how little exposure they have.
7/15/13 11:32 AM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

luctaro - 
Chris27 - 

Its hard to get a TV deal and at the same time remain super-friendly with the UFC, because they would compete for talent at least in 135, and in 125 in the future.

They are not like the rest of feeder leagues due to the short number of female fighters and how little exposure they have.

Any tv deal they get I dont see them stopping the BW sharing with the UFC.  Its only one div, its not like the UFC is gonna take all their fighters and there are always more 135ers coming up.

7/15/13 11:34 AM
cdmontgo
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it a straight percentage or is there a flat fee involved as well?
7/15/13 11:36 AM
luctaro

Chris27 - 
luctaro - 
Chris27 - 

Any tv deal they get I dont see them stopping the BW sharing with the UFC.  Its only one div, its not like the UFC is gonna take all their fighters and there are always more 135ers coming up.

Well they cant sign with the Network that put WMMA on the map: Showtime.

Showtime wont take assigned 2nd place, they want competition or nothing.
7/15/13 11:40 AM
HITMAN DAN DIAZ
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

haha launch their own ppv network ? yeah the ufc is gangster but they are a local gangster ppv is global gangster. 

7/15/13 12:11 PM
GROUNDnLB

12 -
GROUNDnLB - 
12 -

im sure they r,but why is the cost so high for a ufc event?

if someone told me that they r going to charge me
15 million for the same air time they gave to make 100,000 ,I would go tell them get f ed
What would the UFC do then? Ppv is the only real vehicle that has that reach. Based on the clusterfucks in the past many org's had with live Internet streams, I don't think the Internet is an alternative yet.

Imagine you missing round 2 of the last UFC main event because of a technical glitch. You can't go back in time for that shit... Phone Post 3.0
7/15/13 1:46 PM
PrettyBoy
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guys I hate to break it to you but Invicta isn't even as popular as any of the AXStv shows.

I know there must be something going in where Invicta of course can have 9-12 stories in the news feed for the week of their events where Major promotions like Bellator and WSOF have maybe 1-2 and of course the AXS promotions get 0.

Imagine if the UG supported all MMA like that. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.