UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rogan: Mayweather gets killed by average wrestler

7/18/13 12:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
supremexb
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To the guy that thinks he would beat Floyd in a street fight, you would wake up in the hospital not even knowing what happened? yes Floyd would lose an mms fight to pro mms fighters but he's not losing in the street to blue belts that's stupid. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 12:30 PM
TheKidAintMine
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RCP_TT4LIFE -  Try doing that to Mike Alvarado. Phone Post

Alvarado has wrestled his whole life. Mayweather has not.
7/18/13 12:31 PM
MTH
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MattyJ - 
Tilla -
MTH - 

Joe was perhaps a little more combative than he needed to be in the interview, but he is, obviously, correct. 

I mean let's be honest.  I'm a 180 lb blue belt.  I'm reasonably athletic and in good physical condition.  So long as Mayweather doesn't fire the first punch and assuming he has white belt level grappling, then I'd expect I'd more than likely beat him in a street fight.  Unless he could KO me on the way in, stop my takedowns, or hold me off once we're down, I wouldn't think he'd really have much of an offense to speak of honestly.

I would not say the same about some of even the amateur MMA fighters at my gym.  We've got a guy prepping for his debut at 155 lbs, and I have no reason to believe he wouldn't beat me to death in a real fight.  Mayweather wouldn't stand a chance.  And the UFC-level fighters?  Forget about it.  Straight mauling. 

All due respect, but Floyd is POSSIBLY the best Boxer ON EARTH.

He'd knock you silly. You'd be unhealthy once he's finished with you...

Your Blue Belt? Means nothing.

Makes me laugh how you can disrespect a Pro Boxer like that. You've NEVER encountered movement like that. Ever.

He did say provided Floyd doesn't get the first punch in/stop the takedown etc which is entirely right, obviously if Floyd started throwing he's going to light your average guy up before he even knows he's been hit but if a blue belt got a hold of him then he's going to strangle him/break something . Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.  I'm not delusional about my "special" abilities or unaware of Floyd's phenomenal abilities. 

Floyd hits me--and I'm done.  He could light me up in ways they'd have to tell me about in the hospital once I woke up.  I would never be so stupid as to claim anything else. 

I'm just saying that with a significant weight advantage, a legit and aggressive blue belt is probably going to manhandle a boxer PROVIDED that the boxer has no grappling training to speak of and the blue belt doesn't get clocked on the way in. 

It's Art Jimmerson all over again.  That's all. 

7/18/13 12:33 PM
Kirik
2024 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/18/13 12:33 PM
The UnderGround, Mayor

I think Ronda Rousey could take him.

7/18/13 12:34 PM
TheKidAintMine
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supremexb - To the guy that thinks he would beat Floyd in a street fight, you would wake up in the hospital not even knowing what happened? yes Floyd would lose an mms fight to pro mms fighters but he's not losing in the street to blue belts that's stupid. Phone Post 3.0

First off, in a street fight, Mayweather ain't throwing any punches. He's got brittle hands.

Secondly, Mayweather wouldn't have to do anything because his security team full of 285lb juice monkeys would handle the situation.

7/18/13 12:37 PM
8flat
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

E55 Pilot - LOL @ 6 months of sprawl training helping you against an average division 1 wrestler. Your average division 1 wrester is a high school state champion, national placer, all American etc. Non wrestlers have no idea about what it takes to get to that level and I can promise you that 6 months or even 2 years of "sprawl training" isn't going to do shit for you against someone at that level. I'll even go as far as saying that a high school all American will roll up anyone with only 6 months to 2 years of sprawl training and that includes Mayweather.

This. And VTFU

People have no clue about what it takes to get to a collegiate wrestling level. Even the guys that make it to D-3 schools are crazy good. Most of them have been wrestling since they were 6yrs old.
7/18/13 12:40 PM
TheWrist

Tilla -
MTH - 

Joe was perhaps a little more combative than he needed to be in the interview, but he is, obviously, correct. 

I mean let's be honest.  I'm a 180 lb blue belt.  I'm reasonably athletic and in good physical condition.  So long as Mayweather doesn't fire the first punch and assuming he has white belt level grappling, then I'd expect I'd more than likely beat him in a street fight.  Unless he could KO me on the way in, stop my takedowns, or hold me off once we're down, I wouldn't think he'd really have much of an offense to speak of honestly.

I would not say the same about some of even the amateur MMA fighters at my gym.  We've got a guy prepping for his debut at 155 lbs, and I have no reason to believe he wouldn't beat me to death in a real fight.  Mayweather wouldn't stand a chance.  And the UFC-level fighters?  Forget about it.  Straight mauling. 

Makes me laugh how you can disrespect a Pro Boxer like that. You've NEVER encountered movement like that. Ever.

How can get avoid punches when he's being grappled, boxing is less effective because its less complete Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 12:42 PM
phillymmafan
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MTH -
Tilla - 
MTH - 

M'eh.  I'm not convinced. 

He'd have a shot, no doubt, and I didn't suggest my "victory" would be guaranteed.  Like I said, if he KO'd me on the way in, stopped my takedowns, or held me off once we were down (and got back to his feet), then I'd obviously have big problems. 

And clearly, if he had some solid wrestling and grappling training, the tables would tip almost insurmountably in his favor. 

But he''s not magic.  And he's a good bit smaller than I am.  So I say that unless he's got some wrestling/grappling under his belt, then it's pretty much over if I get him down.  That shouldn't be a surprising claim.  And I don't see it as inconceivable that I could takedown a boxer who has no wrestling/grappling experience.  

And please understand, I'm not speaking of my abilities as being somehow special.  I used myself as an example, but I think most legit, aggressive blue betls with a weight advantage would win over a boxer who has zero grappling training.  Because again, so long as the fight gets to the ground, the boxer is really out of his element.  He's got to get the KO early, stop the takedown, or be able to get back to his feet or he's going to lose.  It doesn't really matter how good he is as a boxer. 

But I agree with others that a few months of sprawl-and-brawl training would make legit boxers into killers of recreational BJJ practitioners--myself included.  Boxing is very effective in street fights . . . provided the other guy isn't a grappler and/or provided the boxer can at least stop takedowns. 

Lol your out of your mind . He would
Fuck you up . Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 12:43 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
587 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheKidAintMine -
supremexb - To the guy that thinks he would beat Floyd in a street fight, you would wake up in the hospital not even knowing what happened? yes Floyd would lose an mms fight to pro mms fighters but he's not losing in the street to blue belts that's stupid. Phone Post 3.0

First off, in a street fight, Mayweather ain't throwing any punches. He's got brittle hands.

Secondly, Mayweather wouldn't have to do anything because his security team full of 285lb juice monkeys would handle the situation.

Hahaha Phone Post
7/18/13 12:44 PM
supremexb

SquishyCheeks -

That doesn't make sense. A street fight has less rules than an MMA match. Only the rules save a boxer from a rounded MMA fighter. That's just an undeniable fact.

The only difference it being a street fight would make, is that the MMA fighter would 12-6 elbows and head-but and soccer kick and knee the head when they're down. etc.
So Floyd is losing street fights to anyone that's done a year of bjj in some strip mall? Give me a fucking break. Street fights 9 times out if ten start with fists. Floyd throws one punch and it's over the average schmo never sees it coming. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 12:46 PM
crsjedi1

If floyd jr. and Benson Henderson met in a park,"without Floyds goons around" and they got into it? Bendo is at dinner by 5 and floyd is still getting treated at the hospital..... FACT

I GOT WEE'D ON BY WEIDMAN
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MTH - 
MattyJ - 
Tilla -
MTH - 

He did say provided Floyd doesn't get the first punch in/stop the takedown etc which is entirely right, obviously if Floyd started throwing he's going to light your average guy up before he even knows he's been hit but if a blue belt got a hold of him then he's going to strangle him/break something . Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.  I'm not delusional about my "special" abilities or unaware of Floyd's phenomenal abilities. 

Floyd hits me--and I'm done.  He could light me up in ways they'd have to tell me about in the hospital once I woke up.  I would never be so stupid as to claim anything else. 

I'm just saying that with a significant weight advantage, a legit and aggressive blue belt is probably going to manhandle a boxer PROVIDED that the boxer has no grappling training to speak of and the blue belt doesn't get clocked on the way in. 

It's Art Jimmerson all over again.  That's all. 

Just a bunch of people who've never grappled and dont realize the huge skill discrepancy between a guy with no training and a blue belt in BJJ.

Add to that you'd likely have the weight advantage all it takes is getting into a clinch situation and you'd have it from there imo.  If you add in a street fight scenario with clothes then its so one sided in the BJJ guys favor.  

Rudi

In Phone Post
7/18/13 12:49 PM
zFugitive

Didn't James Toney vs Couture already prove this point?
7/18/13 12:50 PM
Aaron Becker

love Joe and love what he has to say especially when I agree with him 100%
7/18/13 12:52 PM
madbanker
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fiddy took him down. Phone Post
7/18/13 12:52 PM
supremexb

How the fuck are you going to avoid getting hit by Floyd in a street fight? I'm not talking about Benson, I'm talking about your average blue belt. This is lunacy. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 12:53 PM
binga
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inb4 Floyd with 6 months of sprawl training could hang with guys @ featherweight
7/18/13 12:54 PM
i_shogun_ruas

Stupid comments by joe. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 12:54 PM
supremexb

SquishyCheeks -
supremexb - 
SquishyCheeks -

That doesn't make sense. A street fight has less rules than an MMA match. Only the rules save a boxer from a rounded MMA fighter. That's just an undeniable fact.

The only difference it being a street fight would make, is that the MMA fighter would 12-6 elbows and head-but and soccer kick and knee the head when they're down. etc.
So Floyd is losing street fights to anyone that's done a year of bjj in some strip mall? Give me a fucking break. Street fights 9 times out if ten start with fists. Floyd throws one punch and it's over the average schmo never sees it coming. Phone Post 3.0

Notice how you're forced to reach toward the extreme? Sure, Floyd would have a great chance against somebody with almost no training.

A solid highschool wrestler beats Floyd 9/10 times. JJ just makes it easier.

Or, does Floyd have some training that I'm not considering? Did Floyd wrestle or anything? I honestly don't know.
No a guy in this thread said he's a blue belt and thinks he could beat Floyd in a street fight. That's sheer lunacy. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 12:55 PM
Doc T
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So someone who hasn't wrestled in his entire life would get dropped on his head by someone who has been wrestling his whole life...

You don't say ? Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 1:00 PM
Eunuchorn
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A clay pigeon shooter fucks up Mayweather in seconds.

Doesnt mean Mayweather is no longer the most successful fighter in the world, which is what the award is about.

Having said that, its a joke that no mma guy has won the award yet though.
Surely Silva or GSP deserved to win at some point in the last 6 years.
8flat
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've actually been in this type of scenario. Golden gloves boxer tied into me at a party, over a girl, stupid shit. 19yrs old, but I've wrestled since I was 6. His hands were so f-ing fast and he hit like a ton of bricks...he knocked me down, a curtain of black started coming down over my vision..haha...closest I've ever came to being KO'd in a fight. He let me back up though, I pushed him backwards, he rushed back in and instincts kicked in, I just used his momentum against him in a head and arm throw. Slammed on his back, now his head's cranked and his right arm sucked up tight to his ear..I took some time to get my wits about me...then all he could do was flail while I pounded his face with my free hand.

Sprawl training wouldn't have done shit for that guy. But, a couple years of boxing training for me and he'd still kick my ass in a standing fight..lol
rockwell
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PatK - And the best striker in MMA would get tooled by a mid-card level boxer in boxing.

Apples and Oranges
I think he was referring to a "fight" though.
Not boxing in MMA or vice versa. Phone Post 3.0
7/18/13 1:03 PM
supremexb

SquishyCheeks -
supremexb - How the fuck are you going to avoid getting hit by Floyd in a street fight? I'm not talking about Benson, I'm talking about your average blue belt. This is lunacy. Phone Post 3.0

Double leg take down, would be just one of the many many options available to a mediocre MMA fighter.
I'm sure your average bjj blue belt would be quick enough to do a double leg on Floyd before getting lit up. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.