UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I was the victim of a senseless random attack

7/19/13 10:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
2JupitersTooMany
1791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The day started like any other day, woke up at the last minute, drove 45 minutes to work, listened to Mike and Mike on ESPN radio, then did some noting exercises with a meditation app on my iPhone, rolled through the work parking lot in a trance, as ready as I can be for the new day.

By 7:50 a.m. the sunlight is overwhelming this little entry area that is guarded by a security camera, but after two quick turns into the building, I'm walking a long hallway that is barely lit by a couple old government-issue flourescent lights. If you've read Joseph Heller's Something Happened you'll remember him starting the book with those first words, "I get the willies when I see closed doors," and that's how I feel about long empty hallways with low lighting.

I start feeling like something horrible is going to happen and I pull out my phone, pretend to dial and begin having a pretend conversation with my dentist, "Oh hello Doctor Birdie, yes 9:00 will do, how have you been? Oh that is so nice to hear, I've just been training quite a bit at the gym lately," but I'm not actually talking to anyone, I'm just adding a pretended companion to the situation so I have some company in the dark hallway.

I'm just getting to the part where I tell him my wisdom teeth have been acting up again and my phone goes dead in my hand. I get this feeling in my stomach like my colon is on Mars, and the entire contents of my torso have shifted towards my loafers and now I'm sweating, looking for the exit door to the stairwell that takes me to the safety of my office.

I remember something Rickson said, can hear it in this doped up accent, "You have to find comfort in uncomfortable situations." Just then the flourescents go out, there is a click and the hum of a clanking generator and I'm alone in the red glow of the emergency lighting system. That's it, I'm fucked and I know it. Something bad is about to happen and there is nothing I can do about it.

I log into MMA.tv, load a thread and see that for the second day in a row I have been voted down, lost three full votes again. Haven't even started a thread for a few days, I'm being stalked by a complete stranger. A reminder of how vulnerable we all are. Where is your Jiu-Jitsu now, playboy? You can't pull guard on a phantom.
7/19/13 10:48 AM
FanToFighter
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know wether to punch you or kiss you Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 10:56 AM
2JupitersTooMany
1791 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FanToFighter - I don't know wether to punch you or kiss you Phone Post 3.0

Do you think you could manage both at the same instant?
7/19/13 11:01 AM
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha epic Phone Post
7/19/13 11:05 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The day started like any other day, woke up at the last minute, drove 45 minutes to work, listened to Mike and Mike on ESPN radio"

You got voted down for listening to that instead of the Dan Patrick Show. Phone Post
7/19/13 11:07 AM
2JupitersTooMany

I don't like sports at all, I just like the sound of Greenie's voice.
7/19/13 11:08 AM
FanToFighter
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany -
FanToFighter - I don't know wether to punch you or kiss you Phone Post 3.0

Do you think you could manage both at the same instant?
Yup. I trane bro. Action and romance are in my veins Phone Post 3.0
7/19/13 11:24 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2JupitersTooMany - I don't like sports at all, I just like the sound of Greenie's voice.
Lol Phone Post
7/19/13 11:52 AM
canofsticks
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's not a stranger. He's not some keyboard warrior who watches Submission101 videos on youtube and then tries a north south choke on his little sister. No Jupes, not at all. He's someone....very different

He knows you - knows you well. He's a lurker of the shadows. A man whose eyes pierce the veil of darkness. He's been following you since you were little. A smile graces his opaque face when you hurt and feel unsure of yourself. He waits in the dark for you to falter so he can take your back. He knows all your attacks and neutralizes them them. He knows your defense is always two steps ahead.

He is not just any man. He's the voice that whispers to you to wear a tapout shirt. Tells you that you can handle being green lit in the gym because you're a bad mother fucker. He's the reason you got that tribal tattoo. He is Dark Jupes. The side of yourself that you keep locked away from everyone else.

Link had a dark side. He found out about his dark side during his adventure with an ocarina to find that bitch Zelda for the 300th time. Dark Link almost killed Link. It took a herculean effort to dispatch him. And you'll have to do the same if you have any, ANY, chance of finding your Zelda. You understand?

Dark Jupes is here, has multiple fake accounts with copious amounts of VTFD to deliver your ass until you crumble. Dont crumble. Please, Jupes, don't crumble.

http://www.freewebs.com/mphds/Link%20vs%20Dark%20Link.jpg
7/19/13 12:00 PM
2JupitersTooMany

Anyone born after 1970 has archaic remnants of Zelda in his unconscious.  Our generation of alchemists are all looking for this gold, whether they know it or not.

7/19/13 12:05 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have started a movement to support Jupes in his endeavor. I started by refusing to tip a woman who makes a whopping $2.20 per hour without them. That'll teachum.

nojustice_notip

7/19/13 12:31 PM
Willin
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This calls for an apology thread!

7/19/13 1:07 PM
2JupitersTooMany

Well played Zed. I Lawlored the shit out of my last waitress, regretting it now.
7/19/13 2:11 PM
XIII
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice one. Unfortunately my daily VU has already been spent on the OG today. These are rough times for everybody. Can't save 'em all.
7/20/13 2:32 AM
2JupitersTooMany

Show yourself coward Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 2:39 AM
Team GDP
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL i love you 2 jupes. (slightly romo)

7/20/13 2:44 AM
2JupitersTooMany

I love you as well. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 2:55 AM
2JupitersTooMany

Let's burn this shit down Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 3:19 AM
2JupitersTooMany

Oops wrong thread Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 5:31 AM
6ULDV8
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was giddy as a schoolgirl when I dropped 30 something in a night and could still post.  I thought I'd beat the system.

So if that same phantom votes you down twice a week and no one else votes you up, you'll be down to 700 in a couple of years.  The horror.

7/20/13 5:36 AM
DontBeScaredGomi
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol legit op Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 9:18 AM
spiral
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well here's a vote up for your trouble.
7/20/13 1:54 PM
2JupitersTooMany

Thanks guys. The healing can begin. Phone Post 3.0
7/20/13 6:35 PM
Posty Magee
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are noting exercises?

(and thanks for your consistent effort in providing forum entertainment!)
7/20/13 6:51 PM
2JupitersTooMany

I'll post something about noting when I can get to a computer but I friend of a friend, a brown belt in jiu jitsu, developed the free "mind blown" meditation app for the iPhone and it includes some videos. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.