UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Please help Rachel get to Disney World

7/19/13 11:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Knockdown1967
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For a number of years Susanne Flanagan worked as my assistant when I was fighting professionally.  Her daughter Rachel has severe special needs and is a sweetheart, she's become like a daughter to me.  Her mom is trying to bring her to Disney World and if you can do anything to help I know she'd be grateful.  Thank you!

http://www.gofundme.com/3kdpww

7/20/13 12:04 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't have any money but ttt for a cool cause Phone Post
7/20/13 1:16 AM
Knockdown1967
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the ttt

7/20/13 1:59 AM
bobbyhuston1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
7/20/13 10:30 AM
Kirik
1748 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

ttt

7/20/13 10:38 PM
Knockdown1967

ttt for Rachel!

7/21/13 12:10 AM
LiveToFightInc
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Live To Fight Inc., President/CEO
Knockdown1967 - 

For a number of years Susanne Flanagan worked as my assistant when I was fighting professionally.  Her daughter Rachel has severe special needs and is a sweetheart, she's become like a daughter to me.  Her mom is trying to bring her to Disney World and if you can do anything to help I know she'd be grateful.  Thank you!

I just started a non profit organization and we are just getting off the ground. I can not promise anything right now because I have to go through my Board of Directors but do me a favor and go to www.livetofight.org And fill out the form to tell your story and ask for help. Our first event isn't until September. I'm pretty sure in the future we can help you guys with something. Thanks. And good luck :) 

Kristen :) 

7/21/13 1:00 AM
Knockdown1967

Awesome Kristen, will work on it tomorrow with Rachel's mom.  Thanks & God Bless.

7/21/13 7:30 AM
kying418
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knockdown1967 - 

I'm sure she probably already knows, but Susanne should also look into the Make A Wish Foundation.

http://wish.org/refer-a-child

My son has a genetic disorder and they have been working with him (and my ex wife- who submitted the applications, etc), and are in the process of planning something really cool for him.
7/21/13 8:35 AM
LiveToFightInc
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knockdown1967 - 

Awesome Kristen, will work on it tomorrow with Rachel's mom.  Thanks & God Bless.

Great! We will talk soon! 

7/21/13 8:42 AM
LiveToFightInc

kying418 - 
Knockdown1967 - 

I'm sure she probably already knows, but Susanne should also look into the Make A Wish Foundation.

http://wish.org/refer-a-child

My son has a genetic disorder and they have been working with him (and my ex wife- who submitted the applications, etc), and are in the process of planning something really cool for him.

Make A Wish is an awesome organization. Good luck with that and I wish you the best with your son. I'll be saying prayers. 

My org is called Live To Fight.  We will be raising money for people in the MMA community who are suffering from life threatening illnesses. So that includes children and siblings. We will also have a MMA Make a Wish aspect. If any of our beneficiaries want to meet a fighter or go to a fight we are going to try and make that happen. 

Would be great if you guys could help spread the word and if you know of anyone you think would we could help send them our way! Or anyone you think may want to help us. 

It's www.livetofight.org and My email is Kristen@livetofight.org 

Thanks guys!! 

Kristen Brown :) 

7/24/13 12:58 AM
Knockdown1967

ttt

8/3/13 10:03 PM
Knockdown1967

ttt

and Kristen, we submitted Rachel's story to you today at Live To Fight.  Thanks :)

8/3/13 10:05 PM
Knockdown1967

8/3/13 11:54 PM
Knockdown1967

Thanks to Bas Rutten for being the first fighter to jump in for Rachel

8/4/13 12:54 PM
Knockdown1967

TTT

We're at a stand still, even a dollar helps for Rachel, thanks

8/4/13 2:16 PM
UGCTT_sakurabas ear
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I shouldn't have read this while sitting in a diner, it got dusty as hell for a little bit. I gave what I could. I hope others do the same. Phone Post
8/4/13 2:44 PM
Knockdown1967

Thanks Tom, God Bless You Brother

8/5/13 3:50 AM
bluecloud
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/05/13 3:51 AM
As Rachel's mom I'm going back and forth on how to answer that one john_d1974. Nope you don't have to do anything and that's perfectly ok with me. But I do want to say all kids are special. Not sure if you meant special in a different way because you put the quotations around "special". Yeah, Rachel has special medical needs that keep her from going to school, lots of trips to hospitals, crappy medications that make her sick on top of not stopping her seizures, surgery to stick a machine in her chest to maybe stop her seizures - lots of fun stuff like that. So yeah, I'd like to do something great for Rachel, like take her to see Mickey Mouse. I don't work outside the home because I can't because Rachel needs 24 hour care. She can't take care of herself the way other 16 year olds can. Now does that mean I expect others to pay her way to Disney, no I don't but I also can't do it myself so if others want to help I pray God blesses them back for their kindness. So no it's ok if you don't want to help but you don't have to try to discourage others from doing so. And I sincerely hope and pray that you never know what it's like to be in my position because it does SUCK big time to feel helpless at times when your child has problems that are not going to go away. Thank you so much to those that have given or are even thinking about it. I appreciate it more than words can say. Susanne Flanagan
8/5/13 3:56 AM
nostripewhite
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john_d1974 -

we cant send every "special" child to disney world!

Dick Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 8:45 AM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a classy response by Rachel's mom to a completely unnecessary and shitty post. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 9:12 AM
Synado
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/05/13 9:12 AM
Where's RACHEL?!?!! Many groups that do this already.
8/5/13 9:49 AM
UGCTT_5 for fighting
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
8/5/13 12:53 PM
bluecloud
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Synado - Where's RACHEL?!?!! Many groups that do this already.

I think you were asking where Rachel lives, we live in NJ, MANY groups are out there and they do associate with each other so that wishes are not granted multiple times to the same person. But even if they didn't communicate with each other I wouldn't contact one because there are TONS of kids with special needs and they all should be able to get a wish from a wish granting organization when they are dealing with a life threatening illness or life threatening disability. We had a wish granted in 2006 and that will be our one wish. Seven years later I would like to do something special for Rachel.
8/5/13 1:22 PM
bknumber1
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

Best of luck to Rachel and her family. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.