UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Teixeira in the top 10?

8/5/13 1:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jagen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/05/13 1:34 PM

Not really surprised that Teixeira will be granted a title shot after his next win, Joe Silva's job is to create contenders. What I don't get is when I look at the rankings Glover hasn't even fought anybody in the top 10 yet, Bader is ranked 11.

No disrespect to Glover, I think him and Machida are the only ones that stand a chance vs Jones. I just don't think his opponents are at the caliber as say a Rashad or Gustafson, even Davis. I want to see Glover fight someone legit before getting a shot at Jones.
8/5/13 1:55 PM
Arlovskis Chin
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apart from Page Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 2:13 PM
Dugs95

I want glover vs. machida, or glover vs. thiago silva Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 2:23 PM
r_o_y

Edited: 08/05/13 2:24 PM
Still trying to figure out how a win over bader is going to get him a title shot. I also dont understand how he is ranked so high.
8/5/13 4:08 PM
Royce Nelson
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

r_o_y - Still trying to figure out how a win over bader is going to get him a title shot. I also dont understand how he is ranked so high.
Not his fault he doesn't get higher ranked opponents. Phone Post
8/5/13 4:09 PM
Enemies

Dude is definitely Top 5 in the Division. Loads of talent.
8/5/13 4:21 PM
Son of Neckbone
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who is more deserving of a title shot in the division than Teixeria? Gustaf's next in line, and Phil Davis is the only other realistic possibility. At this moment, I don't think Davis getting a title shot next would sit well with anybody.

I think Tiexeria's a good choice next by default, but I'd prefer to see an elimination match first, either with the loser of Gustaf/Jones or vs Phil Davis or a rematch with Hashad. A solid win over any of those three would cement his status as #1 contender.
8/5/13 5:11 PM
funwithbakedgoods

john_d1974 - 
jagen - Teixeira in the top 10?

nope.

Why not? Four straight wins in the UFC, including a win over rampage, and he hasn't lost a fight since 2005.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.