UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> ATTN KIRIK: Cyberbullying on the UG

8/21/13 1:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Frobenius
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This has been a big thing in the press recently, how to stop cyberbullying. I think the UG should be pro-active about this rather than waiting for an incident to hit the news.

Now, in the last week I think I have been frozen 5 or 6 times. Look through my posts - some (at times) controversial opinions to be sure, but nothing that breaks the TOS. Sometimes, I will be unfrozen only to make one post and instantly find myself frozen again! Now this doesn't bother me, but I worry about the effect it might have on a more vulnerable person. That sort of abuse could push them over the edge.

The UG needs a REPORT ABUSE button, and it needs it yesterday. It needs to have someone (not Chris) looking into the reports in REAL TIME and banning people as appropriate. No one should be subjected to the kind of abuse and vitriol that spews from certain posters on this site.

What do you think UG?

#UKTT#OFTENIMITATED#NEVERDUPLICATED#HATERSGOHOME
8/21/13 1:37 PM
MaliceX
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/21/13 1:40 PM
I hate the "report abuse" buttons, they become ADMIN/moderator nightmares.Self policing neighborhoods are the best neighborhoods.
8/21/13 1:37 PM
Jimmy Rustler
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Signed.

8/21/13 1:38 PM
Frobenius
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MaliceX - I hate the "report abuse" buttons, they become ADMIN/moderator nightmares.

Self policing neighborhoods are the best neighborhoods.

The UG doesn't do this though. It gives all the power to the people who VOTE DOWN. There is no self policing - a few people with a vendetta can make the forum unusable for someone. This isn't working.

8/21/13 1:39 PM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK IS CYBER BULLYING? LIKE TURN THE COMPUTER OFF, GO OUTSIDE. HAHAHAHA Phone Post
8/21/13 1:40 PM
MaliceX
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frobenius - 
MaliceX - I hate the "report abuse" buttons, they become ADMIN/moderator nightmares.

The UG doesn't do this though. It gives all the power to the people who VOTE DOWN. There is no self policing - a few people with a vendetta can make the forum unusable for someone. This isn't working.

If you don't like the neighborhood...move the fuck out.
8/21/13 1:44 PM
Phil999

Frobenius - 

Is this for real? You don't like being voted down is what it sounds like.
8/21/13 1:45 PM
nesdaM
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't OP get voted down for claiming Bispin had never been "knocked down"? Or am I confusing the screennames?
8/21/13 1:45 PM
Rudi

Jimmy Rustler -

Signed.

You spelled retired wrong. Phone Post
8/21/13 1:50 PM
nesdaM
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi - 
Jimmy Rustler -

Signed.

You spelled retired wrong. Phone Post

I believe Jimmy side stepped retirement.
8/21/13 1:55 PM
BrCutter
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Til Gluckman. Phone Post
8/21/13 1:57 PM
Steve4192
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only thing worse than people abusing the voting system is people who cry about being voted down. VTFD.
8/21/13 2:01 PM
Rob San Soo

Rudi - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK IS CYBER BULLYING? LIKE TURN THE COMPUTER OFF, GO OUTSIDE. HAHAHAHA Phone Post
Lol VU Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 2:01 PM
RickStorm
1882 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/21/13 2:02 PM
Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

If anyone has an issue they need to discuss you can send a PM to myself or any staff member anytime.

8/21/13 2:16 PM
UGCTT_Zacharinho
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cole Konrad retired? Was it because the Overeem fight was stopped too early or because Michael Bisping would beat Dan Henderson in a rematch? Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 2:17 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
572 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe quit being a nationalistic troll Phone Post
8/21/13 2:29 PM
Team Alpha Snail
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Clearly isn't a hot topic across the pond, knew OP was a Brit before I saw his UKTT posting about this. I think this forums pretty relaxed anyway so its not an issue on here plus the mods keep a good eye out. Jimmy getting rustled is pretty harmless. To be fair to OP though its a hot topic in the UK as a few teenagers have recently killed themselves because of messages they've received on Facebook or similar sites. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 2:31 PM
mightymidget

i would sign that but it wouldn't matter. this is the best place to talk mma and the mods decide who stays and who goes. you may not get away with shit you see other people doing and may get banned but who cares? you can still read what you want even if you can't post or have to have a mud name so its six one way half a dozen the other.
8/21/13 2:31 PM
Mihow
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP eats creamsicles anally Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 2:32 PM
HandyDarsh
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rudi -  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK IS CYBER BULLYING? LIKE TURN THE COMPUTER OFF, GO OUTSIDE. HAHAHAHA Phone Post

You must be on odd future fan

8/21/13 3:12 PM
Kirik
1927 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor
Frobenius - This has been a big thing in the press recently, how to stop cyberbullying. I think the UG should be pro-active about this rather than waiting for an incident to hit the news.

Now, in the last week I think I have been frozen 5 or 6 times. Look through my posts - some (at times) controversial opinions to be sure, but nothing that breaks the TOS. Sometimes, I will be unfrozen only to make one post and instantly find myself frozen again! Now this doesn't bother me, but I worry about the effect it might have on a more vulnerable person. That sort of abuse could push them over the edge.

The UG needs a REPORT ABUSE button, and it needs it yesterday. It needs to have someone (not Chris) looking into the reports in REAL TIME and banning people as appropriate. No one should be subjected to the kind of abuse and vitriol that spews from certain posters on this site.

What do you think UG?

Has this ordeal caused you to entertain dark thoughts?

8/21/13 3:20 PM
Vaginal Tear
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy Rustler -

Signed.

Reported. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 3:27 PM
ChaosOverkill
682 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jimmy Rustler - 

Signed.

Lol at you voting up this account with your alternates. Cole Conrad fucking retired brough
8/21/13 3:43 PM
Team GDP
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite part of this thread was when op said "not Chris" lol Phone Post
8/21/13 3:55 PM
6ULDV8
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you imagine being bullied by the Internet?

That's like being bullied by your television or your toaster.

These things have a power switch you know.

OHHHH, Don't say anything mean to me!  You'll run me off!

I mean seriously, WTF?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.