UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Herrig: I play up the sexy side

8/23/13 10:31 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Felice Herrig, recent addition to the Invicta FC roster, is not shy about using her sexiness to promote herself and women's MMA. She recently spoke about sexiness in fighting and in the women's MMA scene:

Brian Hemminger (MMAmania.com): I know you have no problem promoting the sexy side of female fighting, but is there a downside to that? I remember a bit over a month ago at the UFC Fan Expo, there was a guy taking video of you bending over signing autographs for like five minutes.

Felice Herrig: (laughs) There's a downside of course. I think the biggest downside is is when people think that's all I am or all I care about. I'm not just a fighter. I'm not just a girl, a daughter or a sister. You can't just be labeled or categorized as one thing. That's not all I'm about. I've always wanted to be a star. It's not even the sexy side, I'm a girl. I love playing dress-up and what girls don't? I like feeling beautiful and every girl wants to feel beautiful for who they are.

I play up the sexy side, but I'm not playing. I'm being me. I'm not doing anything I'm uncomfortable with. A lot of people think that's what I'm all about and that I don't care about my fighting, that I spend more time promoting myself than training. There's only so much time in the day. I'm more dedicated than any other woman I've met and most of the guys. At the same time, fighting is a business. I'm promoting my brand. With women athletes, you get a lot more opportunities. It's more intriguing to the general public if the see a woman that wouldn't strike you as a fighter.

There's so many women that I see in MMA that are beautiful and I love that you can see them as a women outside the spot and you wouldn't even know they were a fighter, but when they step into the cage, another side comes out for them and they just start destroying. I love it. The only downside I see is people labeling you, saying you're disrespecting the sport or that you're not taking it serious. I think it's harder to walk that line of being a woman, promoting that sexy side, but also being on top of your game.

read entire article...

484011_528367913868324_464882489_n_zpsba8a3ee5

felice-herrig-ass

8/23/13 10:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm glad I don't know of this person Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 10:44 PM
Letibleu
1714 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no problem with girls n guys playing up the sexy side but they have no right to complain if that's all they are seen as or remembered by.
8/23/13 10:49 PM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
936 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why dont we see any male mma stars embracing thier sexyness? The only ones I can think of are sexyama and roy nelson.

Michael bisping did mention he was better looking than horhey but I dunno if that counts Phone Post
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu - I have no problem with girls n guys playing up the sexy side but they have no right to complain if that's all they are seen as or remembered by.

This. If you want to be known as more than a sex symbol, you need to put out more than your sexy side. And if you think you're image is too focused on your looks then you should maybe not do so many photoshoots that involve sticking out your ass and pouting your lips.
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whatever gets you through the night

is alright

is alright

8/23/13 11:01 PM
Proteus The Invincible
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Felice seems to be conflicted on the issue. She's shown to be sensitive about people saying negative things about her looks, but she invites that kind of talk, both positive and negative, by representing herself the way that she does. If she didn't choose to place value in being a sex symbol (which is often synonymous with being a sexual object), she wouldn't feel upset when people question her value as a sex symbol.
8/23/13 11:19 PM
pheonix5
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm ok with it.

8/23/13 11:25 PM
Humanityisthedevil
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How is this different from the last interview she did that got put up on the news page?
8/23/13 11:30 PM
Letibleu
1714 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/23/13 11:30 PM
XIITT_rrefs - 
Kings21 -
Letibleu - I have no problem with girls n guys playing up the sexy side but they have no right to complain if that's all they are seen as or remembered by.

This. If you want to be known as more than a sex symbol, you need to put out more than your sexy side. And if you think you're image is too focused on your looks then you should maybe not do so many photoshoots that involve sticking out your ass and pouting your lips.
Agreed Phone Post

8/23/13 11:52 PM
Condit_2139
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

pheonix5 -

I'm ok with it.

Nearly spat out my drink VTFU Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 11:53 PM
TuLegit

She's 90% sexy 10% man looking Phone Post 3.0
8/23/13 11:59 PM
cross3dout
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu -
XIITT_rrefs - 
Kings21 -

Agreed Phone Post

Love me some Felice, mhmmmm Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 12:07 AM
Master Shredder
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Manish face with a teenager body.

Awesome fighter.
8/24/13 1:16 AM
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu - 
XIITT_rrefs - 
Kings21 -

Agreed Phone Post

aaaaaaaand just for the record, I aint complaining.
8/24/13 1:34 AM
war wand
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 1:38 AM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

killing her own mystique

8/24/13 2:20 AM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/31/13 5:24 AM
Edited - because I was being a drunk silly douche.
8/24/13 2:28 AM
Letibleu

no

8/24/13 2:47 AM
pheonix5
678 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MARC BULGER -  People are so bitter. I'm glad she doesn't give a fuck what you think. If you people acted and talked like this in person you guys would be douches. Felice doesn't give a fuck what you haters think. That's what makes her strong and ambitious. Phone Post

And has done more with her life than most of her "critics" here.

VU.

8/24/13 4:57 AM
LickingBecsNeutellaThighs

A 6 at best. Phone Post 3.0
8/24/13 5:18 AM
bogle1
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

war wand - Phone Post 3.0
sexyama is to sexy Phone Post
8/24/13 5:36 AM
44 Magnum
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Less is more
8/24/13 5:41 AM
Alumynabjj

pheonix5 -
MARC BULGER -  People are so bitter. I'm glad she doesn't give a fuck what you think. If you people acted and talked like this in person you guys would be douches. Felice doesn't give a fuck what you haters think. That's what makes her strong and ambitious. Phone Post

And has done more with her life than most of her "critics" here.

VU.

You both. Lol Phone Post
8/24/13 6:18 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perfect body on her. Absolutely perfect. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.