UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Condit wants Hendricks rematch next

8/29/13 9:13 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

In a post-fight interview with Ariel Helwani, Carlos Condit discusses who he wants to fight next, and his win Wednesday over Martin Kampmann at UFC Fight Night 27.

Condit has lost only three times in the past six years. One of then was Martin Kampmann in 2009, and that one he avenged Wednesday night. The other two were his last two fights, to Georges St. Pierre and Johny Hendricks.

GSP and Hendricks fight for the UFC welterweight title in the main event of UFC 167, on Nov. 16 in Las Vegas.

What do you think UG? If Hendricks loses to GSP, will Condit get a rematch? If he wins, will Condit get a title shot?

8/29/13 9:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
snobordr
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even if Hendricks wins, GSP's been so dominant for so long, I don't see how he doesn't get an automatic rematch.

Condit is definitely hovering though.  If Hendricks loses, I'd want to see Condit/Hendricks 2. 

8/29/13 9:44 AM
Aaron Becker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Condit, he gives very truthful answers unlike a lot of other fighters. Especially when asked if he felt relieved to be back in the win column or if he felt he had to finish him, most fighters would come up with some bull shit answers
8/29/13 10:07 AM
Eunuchorn
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&rs=70&q=75&x=82&y=23&w=310&h=165&ro=0&s=carlos-condit-08-29-2013-9-8-35-805.png

Condit looks fuckin crazy here on the front page
Not the natural born killer he's the fuckin krazy eyes killa
8/29/13 10:09 AM
savage043
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No I must see rory first! Phone Post 3.0
8/29/13 10:20 AM
Winston Wolf

great fighter
8/29/13 10:24 AM
BennyLavasGhost
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

savage043 - No I must see rory first! Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
8/29/13 11:55 AM
ReeferMadness
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I could see him getting another shot at the title. Especially if Hendricks wins. Who else deserves it more? Rory's snooze fest over ellenberger didn't put him in contention IMO.
8/29/13 2:12 PM
GodSaveTheReem
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i would be more than okay if him and rory rematch for #1 contender
8/29/13 2:19 PM
omlet de fromage

Did anyone else notice that he said "you know" a ridiculous amount of times?

What if we don't know?
8/29/13 2:57 PM
eXtv
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would take him in a 5-round fight with Hendricks at this point. He's working on his defensive wrestling and was lighting Johny up on the feet later on in their fight. That, or a Rory rematch both make sense.
8/29/13 3:10 PM
Billyz
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed, Condit is at the top of the food chain and his finishing ratio is ridiculous. I think he would have been able to put Hendricks away. That fight was extremely close and Condit does not fade in the 4th and 5th.
8/29/13 3:48 PM
Jerkie
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Condit beats Hendricks in a five round fight

First two rounds taken down a bunch then he beats the shit out of Hendricks

Only one with better cardio then Carlos is George Phone Post
8/29/13 3:50 PM
eXtv
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jerkie -  Condit beats Hendricks in a five round fight

Diaz arguably has better cardio than both. He was pushing the fight for 5 full rounds against Carlos and wasn't even breathing heavily at the end of it. He does triathlons for fun and I don't think I've ever seen him gas out.
8/29/13 4:01 PM
kicktothecrotch
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That was such an awesome fight! Loved how he paced himself and gradually increased as the fight went on. Like Diaz but more varied and powerful.
8/29/13 4:16 PM
Fmel88brawl

I think that's Condit's biggest weakness, he's a very slow starter he throws the first round away every time but as the fight goes on he gets better and more dangerous, I'd personally like to see him shut rory up first before a rematch against Hendricks
8/29/13 4:30 PM
Another Foob
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/29/13 4:30 PM
As far as who's next for Condit, the only probabilities I see (based on timing) are Rory or Robbie Lawler. Rory makes the most sense. With them being #2 & #3 in the rankings, and having already had a fight that compels a rematch, this is Joe Silva's easiest match make of the year.
8/29/13 4:46 PM
BradGluckman
596 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would have won the first had it been a 5 rounder

8/29/13 4:49 PM
BubblesNS
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why did the pic of condit have to be so fucked up. He looks like he was given a day pass from the loony bin. Phone Post 3.0
8/29/13 4:49 PM
Mexican Janitor

I actually had him winning the Hendricks fight Phone Post
8/29/13 4:56 PM
da Vinci 81
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People really want to see condit get another title shot so quick? I like him but he was pretty much dominated the first fight and that was against gsp coming off major surgery and a long layoff. There's nothing he showed last night that suggests he could do better a second time. And especially since he was just taken down several times against kampmann - who's never been known for wrestling. Phone Post 3.0
8/29/13 4:57 PM
Ip Man 81

Jerkie - Condit beats Hendricks in a five round fight

GSP does not have better cardio than Carlos Phone Post 3.0
8/29/13 5:02 PM
bjjdna
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

From Ben Askren's FB...

"If Condit doesn't have an opponent I will fight him first. I like the way he fights, but he has no chance to stop what I want to do"
8/29/13 5:25 PM
CrazyPope
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bjjdna - From Ben Askren's FB...

"If Condit doesn't have an opponent I will fight him first. I like the way he fights, but he has no chance to stop what I want to do"

Fuck that. Askren doesn't deserve Condit yet.
8/29/13 5:26 PM
Rahjai
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought condit won the fight againt hendricks first time.

Would love to see a rory rematch first.!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.