UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How would Mayweather have fared in the 80's?

9/6/13 2:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kingkoopa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

First off I don't know how to post pics.

I'm curious if anyone else has notices how much Jacare has changed. He is completely shredded now. He was always muscular, but his definition has really changed. Similar to Vitors. Look at Vitor when he fought Terry Martin or Hendo, and compare his build to his physic now. Look at Jacare when he fought Mousassi and then him at yesterday's weigh ins. Phone Post
9/6/13 3:05 AM
SmileyNY1985

kingkoopa - First off I don't know how to post pics.

I'm curious if anyone else has notices how much Jacare has changed. He is completely shredded now. He was always muscular, but his definition has really changed. Similar to Vitors. Look at Vitor when he fought Terry Martin or Hendo, and compare his build to his physic now. Look at Jacare when he fought Mousassi and then him at yesterday's weigh ins. Phone Post
Jacare would arm bar Mayweather IMO. Phone Post
9/6/13 3:31 AM
Arzn1ck
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He wouldn't be undefeated that's for sure. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 4:28 AM
badboyhere
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hearns, hagler, and leonard beat him via KO...... im very convinced!!!

disclaimer: that is in fact if he comes to fight like these 3 guys did..... to win!!! if he chose to run around like i think he would do, perhaps to evasion and occasional punches landed, he could pull off a decision..

btw--these fkn guys came to FIGHT!!! no bullshit... they were there to win and it wasnt just about money!!! back when boxing was good 

9/6/13 6:29 AM
Ilikebjj
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
9/6/13 6:37 AM
Tilla

voorhees - Ya know the only two guys Floyd really should have fought but didnt are Tszyu and Paccquiao.

He gets too much of a bad rap about "not fighting people"

I disagree.

Him and Shane SHOULD have met back around '98-'00.

He ducked Margarito. End of story.

He left the WW Division in 2008 for a long time when that Division was ON FIRE! I mean...

Margarito
Cotto (Prime)
Williams
Clottey

I mean, look at this article from 2008!

http://www.badlefthook.com/2008/8/3/585645/ranking-the-welterweights
9/6/13 10:14 AM
MR Combatively

Anyone saying kosta tszyu is a moron! And Mayweather would have made Duran say "No Mas" first they fought. Duran would have been so frustrated on not hitting Mayweather with nothing.. You see what Mayweather did when Victor Ortiz left his hands down.. Mayweather would have went for the kill while Duran was being stupid walking away waving his hands..

MR. Combatively
9/6/13 10:16 AM
MR Combatively

I'm not a big Mayweather fan ,but to not say isn't one of the greatest is nuts

MR. Combatively
9/6/13 12:19 PM
J2C1
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Duran but he wouldn't beat Floyd Imo. As for Tszyu, he was beaten by Hatton who was later blasted by Floyd. That was late in Tszyu's career but still telling if u ask me. Phone Post
9/6/13 1:04 PM
grady
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

weight classes... how do they work?
9/6/13 1:06 PM
grady
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

2ndly, Floyd is just as fast if not faster than anyone on that list. Leonard would've given him hell, but guy like Chavez and Tszyu were too slow, 118-109 city.
9/6/13 1:15 PM
Bobby Lupo
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least we all have sense enough to know that Leonard clowns Floyd. That's the only one that's not up for debate IMO.

An argument could be made in each of the other matchups, but SRL would steamroll him.
9/6/13 1:48 PM
sniper1026

Tilla - So Hearns doesn't stop or beat Floyd?

That's a nightmare match up for him right there!

Pryor would give him fits, too.

@ Hearns They didn't call the Hitman for nothing!!!
9/6/13 2:14 PM
dubate
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sniper1026 -
Tilla - So Hearns doesn't stop or beat Floyd?

That's a nightmare match up for him right there!

Pryor would give him fits, too.

@ Hearns They didn't call the Hitman for nothing!!!
If he couldn't handle an over the hill partying Oscar, he couldn't even begin to deal with the jab from Hearns. 15 rounds of that would absolutely wreck him, that thing was fucking soul crushing. Phone Post
9/6/13 2:46 PM
Newaza freak
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He confuses making more money than the greats ,as being better than the past champions.

The only reason he makes more money today is because social media and promoters are able to reach more people today than in the past. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 2:48 PM
Newaza freak
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't ever remember Floyd being in any spectacular fight,where he knocks out a great opponent.

Leaonard vs Hearns 1
Hagler vs Hearns Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 2:49 PM
Newaza freak

Hell, I haven't even seen him ever have a electrifying KO like Duran had over Davey Moore in the garden. Phone Post 3.0
9/6/13 3:06 PM
ANT_P1989
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

donkypunch55 - No Marvin Haggler on that list?! Phone Post 3.0
You gotta be kidding right? Floyd would have to come in fat as shit to make weight vs Hagler.

Marvelous was a big MW. Phone Post
9/6/13 3:23 PM
chadk
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

arnanderson - 
Tilla - I need to rewatch the Oscar/Floyd fight.

Haven't seen it in years.

I had it as a draw one time I watched it, and PBF winning by 1 point another time I watched it

Try watching it without the sound on and Jim Lampley's outright cheerleading swaying your opinion. I gave Oscar 3 maybe 4 rounds in that fight.
9/6/13 3:36 PM
chadk
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MR Combatively - Anyone saying kosta tszyu is a moron! And Mayweather would have made Duran say "No Mas" first they fought. Duran would have been so frustrated on not hitting Mayweather with nothing.. You see what Mayweather did when Victor Ortiz left his hands down.. Mayweather would have went for the kill while Duran was being stupid walking away waving his hands..

MR. Combatively

Why do you think he so easily beats the prime, Lightweight version of Duran? Duran is arguably the greatest Lightweight in history. I don't know of any experts who'd place him lower than 3rd at Lightweight all-time.

Don't assume that because Ray Leonard did it (at Welterweight by the way) that Floyd could too. First, Ray moved around the ring more than Floyd does. Floyd doesn't really "run" in the ring. He pivots and slides about to get angles but he doesn't "run" and dance like many people seem to think he does. Also, Ray was a much bigger puncher than Floyd. Duran probably doesn't respect Floyd's power at all and crowds him relentlessly, while pounding away at anything he can hit. Castillo wasn't even a poor imitation of a prime Duran when it came to nasty infighting and you saw the fits he gave Floyd the first time around. Add in the fact that Duran would not be fazed at all by Floyd's headgames leading up to the fight and might actually mindfuck Floyd (Duran spit at Ray Leonard's wife to get him riled up) and its a rough night for Floyd. Especially at Lightweight. Pot shotting the Robert Guerreros of the world does not prepare you for the snarling, wild eyed, non-stop aggression of a stone cold killer like Duran.
9/6/13 3:42 PM
chadk

Newaza freak - Hell, I haven't even seen him ever have a electrifying KO like Duran had over Davey Moore in the garden. Phone Post 3.0

That was a past him prime, above his prime weight Duran too. He ruined Moore. Beat the shit out of Iran Barkley a few years later too. Hell, he'd still be fighting if he hadn't gotten hurt so badly in that accident a few years ago. Dude is pure fighter. To the bone.
9/6/13 3:48 PM
chadk

ANT_P1989 - 
You gotta be kidding right? Floyd would have to come in fat as shit to make weight vs Hagler.

Floyd's too small to take seriously vs any all time Middleweights. I don't think he'd look "fat" but he's not built for that weight.
9/6/13 4:10 PM
Bobby Lupo
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - 
ANT_P1989 - 

Floyd's too small to take seriously vs any all time Middleweights. I don't think he'd look "fat" but he's not built for that weight.

Those fights are out of the question. Might as well speculate about Floyd-RJJ if they're gonna talk Floyd and Marvin. Just way too physical.
9/6/13 4:21 PM
ShamusO'nyou
271 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

chadk - 
MR Combatively - Anyone saying kosta tszyu is a moron! And Mayweather would have made Duran say "No Mas" first they fought. Duran would have been so frustrated on not hitting Mayweather with nothing.. You see what Mayweather did when Victor Ortiz left his hands down.. Mayweather would have went for the kill while Duran was being stupid walking away waving his hands..

MR. Combatively

Why do you think he so easily beats the prime, Lightweight version of Duran? Duran is arguably the greatest Lightweight in history. I don't know of any experts who'd place him lower than 3rd at Lightweight all-time.

Don't assume that because Ray Leonard did it (at Welterweight by the way) that Floyd could too. First, Ray moved around the ring more than Floyd does. Floyd doesn't really "run" in the ring. He pivots and slides about to get angles but he doesn't "run" and dance like many people seem to think he does. Also, Ray was a much bigger puncher than Floyd. Duran probably doesn't respect Floyd's power at all and crowds him relentlessly, while pounding away at anything he can hit. Castillo wasn't even a poor imitation of a prime Duran when it came to nasty infighting and you saw the fits he gave Floyd the first time around. Add in the fact that Duran would not be fazed at all by Floyd's headgames leading up to the fight and might actually mindfuck Floyd (Duran spit at Ray Leonard's wife to get him riled up) and its a rough night for Floyd. Especially at Lightweight. Pot shotting the Robert Guerreros of the world does not prepare you for the snarling, wild eyed, non-stop aggression of a stone cold killer like Duran.

MR combatively is a troll or completely clueless.

Lets not forget that Duran whipped Leonard's ass in the real fight, when Duran came up in weight to fight him.

Leonard was so depressed after that loss he was going to retire. He was convinced by his manager ( I think) to get an immediate rematch because they knew Duran blew up in weight so much in between fights.

They thought Duran would not be able to back in proper shape in time and they were right. The second fight was not the real Duran.

Duran was better than Leonard and Leonard is better than Floyd.
9/6/13 5:00 PM
Tilla

@ chad - I usually vote down the trolls, but I had to vote you up as you know what you're talking about (which is a rarity on here these days). ;-)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.