UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bellator 98 Does 437k Viewers

9/11/13 8:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brahmabull81 -
TheVileOne - What is Bellator going to be in on Friday night?

Deep shit???

lol just kidding.

All I know is that Bellator Logic is what MMA Logic and Bellator fan combined would be.

Someone S/N that bisch now!
LMAO @ "in deep shit!"

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:11 AM
CindyO

Bellator Fan - LOGIC has openly said he wants Bellator to fail numerous times. His "reports" are slanted due to his personal feelings on the issue. Phone Post 3.0
Dayum, Did he? Links to wanting them to fail, please.

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:14 AM
CindyO

MMALOGIC -
Bellator Fan - You will look positively at anything Bellator related so there's no point discussing it. Anything they do will draw an outlook of doom and gloom in your mind because that's what you want. Phone Post 3.0

just remember what I said...

move to a 10pm start: Hospital.

move to an 11pm start time: Cemetery.

Holy shit! Lol

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 1:26 PM
Powerful DJH
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like bellator a lot more if it wasn't for these asshole coming out of no where convinced bellator is doing better than the ufc , throwing out meaningless TV ratings. Its annoying as fuck, I am literally rooting against them as a company because of bellatorfan. UFC has better production, better content and far and away a better roster. That's why bellator can never be ufc. They don't have a roster of fighters that ppl wanna see. In fact when they want to do a pay per view they took two of there competitor's biggest stars, from 5 years ago, and made it a MAIN EVENT. I was positive when they put tito vs rampage as a ppv main event you shills would recognise the desperation behind it. Bellator will be around another 18 mos after the first ppv. Phone Post
9/11/13 1:59 PM
Se7enout

Bellator Fan - 
CindyO -
Bellator Fan - LOGIC has openly said he wants Bellator to fail numerous times. His "reports" are slanted due to his personal feelings on the issue. Phone Post 3.0

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
Look it up yourself. Phone Post 3.0

Can't find something that is not there. That is why you don't look it up. You have no problem looking things up to feed your agenda so you obviously know how to use a search function.
People can call it whatever they want. Paid schill, doom and gloom but really its just a realistic perspective on the situation that contrasts the opinion of your own.
If a tv average is 5 any show that averages 5 is just that stations fan base, anything over5 is added viewers tuning in to watch that specific program, anything under 5 means your average fan base dislikes that show so much that they changed the Chanel.
With the ufc they pull 5 times fs1's average. Meaning fs1 has 5 times the amount of viewers when ufc runs just there to watch ufc. They hope by airing enough ufc content on fs1 they are able to keep some of them ufc fans around for their original programming there by increasing the station average.
Spike on the other hand has an established station with an established fan base, but every time a Bellator event is aired on spike 2/3 of their fan base change the Chanel. These are viewers that would stay tuned in if spike were to air anything other then Bellator.
This is just fact. It is not doom and gloom it is not schilling it is stating fact. You live in a world of hypotheticals. If bellator does this, when Bellator does that. None of that matters because the factor the matter is this. Bellator is a VERY poor property that is not only costing Viacom money but viewers as well.
Viacom has failed to reproduce the lightening in a bottle that they had with the ufc. It has been a very public and very embarrassing failure and will only become more embarrassing when their weak ppv buys come in.
Tna averages over a million viewers every week and has strougled to turn those viewers into ppv buyers. Bellator caries 1/3 the amount of viewers that tna does. What do you think their ppv numbers will look like?
Fightmaster was a huge waste of money and time and an even bigger embarrassment for Viacom.
Anyone that thinks this is acceptable to Viacom is delirious. Viacom has already given Bellator every chance to turn things around.
They had the tna lead in, they had a reality show, they brought in big names, they had Bellator fighters on tna... They have really done everything in their power to build Bellator and help Bellator grow but they just steadily decline.
The truth is Bellator is dying right before all our eyes. It is a failure. It never reached the point ufc has, or pride did, or strikefore, or even the wec. They are and always have been a 3rd rate promotion.
9/11/13 2:36 PM
JimmersonzGlove
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Bellator caries 1/3 the amount of viewers that tna does. What do you think their ppv numbers will look like?"

UFC gets way less TV viewership than WWE but converts way better to PPV. The amount of viewers of free programing does not always translate directly to PPV buys. The Bellator PPV will do at least double what TNA gets for their PPVs off of less than half the free viewership. That still doesn't mean it'll be a success, but it's safe to assume that the Bellator PPV will do over 30k PPV buys.

9/11/13 2:49 PM
moonrunrs

JimmersonzGlove - 

"Bellator caries 1/3 the amount of viewers that tna does. What do you think their ppv numbers will look like?"

UFC gets way less TV viewership than WWE but converts way better to PPV. The amount of viewers of free programing does not always translate directly to PPV buys. The Bellator PPV will do at least double what TNA gets for their PPVs off of less than half the free viewership. That still doesn't mean it'll be a success, but it's safe to assume that the Bellator PPV will do over 30k PPV buys.

Are you making this assumption based on the UFC vs. WWE model you stated? WWE has fewer PPVs than UFC because WWE has a consistent series every week. UFC (although practically having a weekly series of fights at this point - they are on free TV so much) doesn't have a weekly show with live fights.

Bellator has a weekly series. Ergo, I sort of think they will do fewer PPVs than if they had free events on TV at irregular dates like UFC currently has. Also, I predict that Bellator will (unfortunately) have smaller PPV #'s than TNA gets for their events.

I love competition and free MMA on TV. I think the more promotions the better, but it seems to be a rule in the MMA industry that when anyone tries to compete with UFC they can't make it.
9/11/13 2:57 PM
JimmersonzGlove
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Moon...you realize TNA PPVs do like 15k. You really think the Bellator PPV is going to do under that?

9/11/13 3:31 PM
moonrunrs

Edited: 09/11/13 3:39 PM
<blockquote>JimmersonzGlove - <p><br /> Moon...you realize TNA PPVs do like 15k. You really think the Bellator PPV is going to do under that?</p></blockquote><br />

It would be absolutely disastrous if they got less than 15K buys. But the price point (at least as has been stated) is $35-$45. Also, UFC is having fox sports events on 10/26, 11/6 and 11/9. <br /><br />

Personally, That's great for me, as it's a load of free MMA during that time. But I don't think I'm going to buy the Bellator PPV with that much free stuff going on in such a short time period. Also, I don't want to pay $45 for Tito-Rampage because I don't care about them. I suspect a lot of MMA fans feel the same way. <br /><br />

DFW said he wasn't even going to bother counter-programming the bellator PPV, probably because there are so many UFC events in that time period. But I bet he will want Fox Sports to air a replay on 11/2 of some big, great, recent UFC the way Spike did in 2012 when UFC had an event on PPV. If they did, it would bite into Bellator PPV revenue.

<br /><br />
9/11/13 3:35 PM
moonrunrs

Also, though, I think it depends on the amount of advertising and the TNA fans who might want to watch the PPV. I dunno...are TNA fans willing to pay around $40 to see 2 guys who have been on TNA doing a worked angle fight in a shoot fight?

It's 2 months out, but I haven't seen many ads for the Bellator PPV anywhere (print, online, billboards, etc.).
9/11/13 4:05 PM
Evzey
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Powerful DJH - I would like bellator a lot more if it wasn't for these asshole coming out of no where convinced bellator is doing better than the ufc , throwing out meaningless TV ratings. Its annoying as fuck, I am literally rooting against them as a company because of bellatorfan. UFC has better production, better content and far and away a better roster. That's why bellator can never be ufc. They don't have a roster of fighters that ppl wanna see. In fact when they want to do a pay per view they took two of there competitor's biggest stars, from 5 years ago, and made it a MAIN EVENT. I was positive when they put tito vs rampage as a ppv main event you shills would recognise the desperation behind it. Bellator will be around another 18 mos after the first ppv. Phone Post
This. Fuck Bellator fan should be in government the way he can spin shit.

I like Bellator as I'm a fan of mma not an organization but since the Viacom purchase it's hard to say they aren't fucking themselves over Phone Post
9/11/13 4:21 PM
CindyO

Bellator Fan - 
CindyO -

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
Look it up yourself. Phone Post 3.0

LMFAO! That's what I thought! Because he didn't. Wanna bet me $50 that he did? You don't have to do the digging- anyone on the UG can do it for you and if they find only ONE and post where MMALogic said he hopes Bellator fails on the UG to this thread (with a link) I'll send you $50. If they can't you send me $50. Deal???

Cindy

9/11/13 4:37 PM
JimmersonzGlove

Cindy...you cant really think anyone is going to dig through 173728492912 of MMALOGICs Bellator posts lol. My brain hurts just thinking about those wall o' texts. Phone Post
9/11/13 5:04 PM
My jimmy got bam bamm-ed
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Source was the official ufc twitter account. Phone Post
9/11/13 5:05 PM
My jimmy got bam bamm-ed
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My jimmy got bam bamm-ed - Source was the official ufc twitter account. Phone Post
Fucked if I know how this ended up here....I was responding to the shogun te huna announcement thread. Phone Post
9/11/13 5:13 PM
Se7enout

I am thinking the Bellator ppv will be in the range of 9k-11k nothing more then that though. I mean affliction had one of the most stacked cards in my opinion with the hw goat headlining and did under 100k.
I would be shocked if they sold more then 11k. Honestly.
9/11/13 7:14 PM
Steve4192
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Se7enout - I am thinking the Bellator ppv will be in the range of 9k-11k nothing more then that though. I mean affliction had one of the most stacked cards in my opinion with the hw goat headlining and did under 100k.

Prepare to be shocked.

WFA King of the Streets did 15K with Rampage as the headliner BEFORE he made his name in North America by destroying Chuck and winning the UFC title. And that show wasn't even promoted. Viacom and Spike are going to promote the shit out of this Bellator PPV.

Personally, I will be shocked if the Bellator PPV doesn't triple that WFA number. I expect it to quadruple or possible even quintuple it. That's still only 50K-75K PPV sales, but it's light years better than anything TNA can pull.
9/11/13 7:35 PM
Bruham
414 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the constant references to "Spike and Viacome will promote the shit out of the PPV" its two months away and aside from Tito and Rampage spending a day at espn talking about Dana, and spending their nights play fighting, I haven't seen any promotion.

I would just think that ball would've started rolling once they announced it. They've put all their eggs in the PPV basket leaving their fight cards leading up to the event relatively barren of any "star power" guys.

Not being a dick but how do you promote an event if there isn't a reason to tune into their fight cards, where you would expect the majority of their hype to come from Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 7:42 PM
Se7enout

Steve4192 - 
Se7enout - I am thinking the Bellator ppv will be in the range of 9k-11k nothing more then that though. I mean affliction had one of the most stacked cards in my opinion with the hw goat headlining and did under 100k.

Prepare to be shocked.

WFA King of the Streets did 15K with Rampage as the headliner BEFORE he made his name in North America by destroying Chuck and winning the UFC title. And that show wasn't even promoted. Viacom and Spike are going to promote the shit out of this Bellator PPV.

Personally, I will be shocked if the Bellator PPV doesn't triple that WFA number. I expect it to quadruple or possible even quintuple it. That's still only 50K-75K PPV sales, but it's light years better than anything TNA can pull.

Sorry dude, the way ufc and fox have been over saturating the market it really isn't leaving much room for anyone else. There are 3 free ufc cards and 2 amazing ufc ppv around that time. No one is buying rampage and tito 5 years past their prime.
Bellator can't get people to watch their free shows so why on gods green earth they think people will pay $45 to watch it is beyond me.
And Viacom is not exactly great at promoting events... See tna buy rates.
Like I said before nothing over 11k.
It will be good for tito and rampage to see how popular they really are.
9/12/13 3:49 AM
Powerful DJH
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol @ Cindy callin you on your shittt. Phone Post
9/12/13 5:23 AM
MMALOGIC

Bellator Fan - Cindy you're a moron. I am sure he calls them "Bellashit" regularly because he hopes they succeed. LOGIC has said numerous times that he wants Bellator to fail because he doesn't believe there should be more than one major org. You have a blue name so search it yourself. Phone Post 3.0

Where did I say there should be only one MMA org?

I believe the market should decide how many orgs there should be.  if they want 2, great... 3, 4 or 5 awesome.  There are hundreds of shows all over the world.

Unfortunately for bellator and other would be UFC competitors the market has demonstrated over and over that it only wants One major national organization.  If the market wanted 2, the WEC would still be around. 

Based on this it is my opinion that spike would have been better off organizing the regional scene/promotions all over the world and licensing their content on the cheap instead of trying to run an mma promotion.  I would like spike to air MMA for the next century instead of just a few years... and I believe owning the "collegel football of mma" space would have been a more viable model long term.

9/12/13 5:44 AM
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 
Bellator Fan - Cindy you're a moron. I am sure he calls them "Bellashit" regularly because he hopes they succeed. LOGIC has said numerous times that he wants Bellator to fail because he doesn't believe there should be more than one major org. You have a blue name so search it yourself. Phone Post 3.0

I believe the market should decide how many orgs there should be.  if they want 2, great... 3, 4 or 5 awesome.  There are hundreds of shows all over the world.

Unfortunately for bellator and other would be UFC competitors the market has demonstrated over and over that it only wants One major national organization.  If the market wanted 2, the WEC would still be around. 

Based on this it is my opinion that spike would have been better off organizing the regional scene/promotions all over the world and licensing their content on the cheap instead of trying to run an mma promotion.  I would like spike to air MMA for the next century instead of just a few years... and I believe owning the "collegel football of mma" space would have been a more viable model long term.

Do you believe the market should be free and unfettered? 

9/12/13 5:55 AM
MMALOGIC

Bellator Fan - Notice that MMALOGIC never denied saying that he hoped Bellator would fail. Cindy O take notes..... Phone Post 3.0

When did I say that?    how about when I say something you dont agree with you discuss it with me then and there instead of running away only to put words in my mouth months later.

9/12/13 6:00 AM
MMALOGIC

Macedawgg - 
MMALOGIC - 

Do you believe the market should be free and unfettered? 

Depends on what you believe a free and unfettered market is....  everyone has their own opinion on what that would look like.

9/12/13 6:35 AM
Nexuscrawlers
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dont forget to watch tomorrow's great card:

MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)

Patricio Freire vs. Diego Nunes - fw tournament
    Houston Alexander vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
    Akop Stepanyan vs. Justin Wilcox - fw tournament
    Desmond Green vs. Fabricio Guerreiro - fw tournament
    Andrew Fisher vs. Joe Taimanglo - fw tournament

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET)

Savo Kosic vs. Hector Ramirez
    Derek Loffer vs. Mario Navarro
    Andy Murad vs. Gavin Sterritt
    Musa Toliver vs. Goiti Yamauchi
    Blagoi Ivanov vs. Manny Lara
    Nick Moghaddam vs. Virgil Zwicker

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.