UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> BJ vs. Frankie on TUF, Will Fight at 145

9/11/13 7:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Loge
958 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - So let's review...

BJ will fight at 145 (Marv, please..)
Was the 155 champ
Was the 170 champ
Went 2-0 at 185
And fought Machia when Machia weighed 220...

How can anyone disparage this man???

Phone Post 3.0
This guy gets it!!! VTFU! Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 7:50 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1046 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TBidness - Having BJ on as a coach is awesome as is, "Wang! You're gone bro! You're gone."

TBidness Phone Post 3.0
Nothing beats the fighter selection episode...

"If you know for a fact that you want to be on BJ Penn's team and wanting nothing to do with Jens Pulver, raise your hand.."

(every hand goes up) Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 7:51 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1046 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Loge -
Malvert the Janitor - So let's review...

BJ will fight at 145 (Marv, please..)
Was the 155 champ
Was the 170 champ
Went 2-0 at 185
And fought Machia when Machia weighed 220...

How can anyone disparage this man???

Phone Post 3.0
This guy gets it!!! VTFU! Phone Post 3.0
Right back at ya, Loge!! Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 7:53 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not interested. BJ will kill himself getting to that weight and lose again to Frankie.

BJ needs to be at 155 Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 7:55 PM
Mas Tisu
155 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah! Wasn't expecting that!

9/11/13 7:58 PM
clayclamitia
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So fucking happy!!! Come on BJ, one more run!! First person to win a title in 3 divisions?! Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 7:59 PM
I LOVE GSP
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so they're coaching?
whatever, at least Maynard and Diaz might still be a 5 rounder.

so this means we get to wait till next summer for this fight. God I hate how tuf just stalls out a fighters career, they should just have injured fighters coaching.
9/11/13 8:03 PM
Malvert the Janitor

pidgey - Great to see BJ back.
Interesting that he's going to fight at 145.
Disappointed hes going to fight Frankie again, its going to suck like the other two fights. Phone Post 3.0
Not if he's...

Oxygenated!!!! Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:04 PM
pennviachoke
1198 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
9/11/13 8:06 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a huge Frankie fan, he won both fights before and he'll win this one too. With that said, I'm beyond ecstatic to see the Prodigy return.
9/11/13 8:06 PM
mikerobmma
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - glad Penn is back, but this a boring fight!
I usually reserve my votedowns for Dan the Wolfman, but then you came along with this horseshit. Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:07 PM
Lynchman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So this is what happened:
They were looking to have Edgar and Faber. Frankie did not want to move down, Faber is comfortable at 135. So they were talking about a catchweight fight, which Dana was not thrilled about. BJ texts Dana saying he wants to face Ben Henderson. Dana asks BJ why? BJ's response: If he beats Ben, Dana will give him the fight he wants....Frankie Edgar. He wants to beat Frankie, the losses have really been bothering him.

Dana tells BJ that Frankie is now at 145. BJ then says he will beat Frankie and then challenge Aldo. Dana said this is not a number one contender bout, but said if BJ could beat Frankie and another fighter, maybe he gets a title shot.

One positive: When BJ gets really fired up and motivated, he is fun to watch. Also, no titles being held up for TUF.

BJ has signed a brand new contract.
9/11/13 8:08 PM
ArmBar412
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frankie will have a great team with Mark Henry, Phil Nurse, and Ricardo Almedia. Renzo could be there as well. Should be a great season Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:08 PM
allforroy
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Malvert the Janitor - What???

What?!!

Whaaaaaat??!!

Phone Post 3.0
Awesome! Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:14 PM
mike_rizzo
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just when you thought there was no hope for tuf and bj....this happens. Fuck yes Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:15 PM
Lynchman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArmBar412 - Frankie will have a great team with Mark Henry, Phil Nurse, and Ricardo Almedia. Renzo could be there as well. Should be a great season Phone Post 3.0

While I know who you are talking about, I first thought of the WWE wrestler Mark Henry.
9/11/13 8:17 PM
CreepyCameOnMyAngel
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Only one gif for this.

Phone Post
Lahzerous
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Loge
958 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lynchman - So this is what happened:
They were looking to have Edgar and Faber. Frankie did not want to move down, Faber is comfortable at 135. So they were talking about a catchweight fight, which Dana was not thrilled about. BJ texts Dana saying he wants to face Ben Henderson. Dana asks BJ why? BJ's response: If he beats Ben, Dana will give him the fight he wants....Frankie Edgar. He wants to beat Frankie, the losses have really been bothering him.

Dana tells BJ that Frankie is now at 145. BJ then says he will beat Frankie and then challenge Aldo. Dana said this is not a number one contender bout, but said if BJ could beat Frankie and another fighter, maybe he gets a title shot.

One positive: When BJ gets really fired up and motivated, he is fun to watch. Also, no titles being held up for TUF.

BJ has signed a brand new contract.
If BJ can finish Frankie I imagine he will get a title shot no matter what DFW is saying right now! Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:21 PM
Blunderhooks
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any word on whether Andy Wang will be back too? Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:25 PM
Lynchman

Conor_Max'd_out_XIITT_Bozys_Anus -  Did they announce the weight classes for this season. Will it be 145 ers as well? Phone Post

Pretty sure it is MW and LHW.
9/11/13 8:25 PM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wooooooooo! Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:26 PM
Skmiasma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kick Boxe -

Never seen a fighter more delusional than BJ.

Love that little man but he is gonna get owned the worst of all 3 matches

My thoughts exactly Phone Post
9/11/13 8:29 PM
iCameiLostiRetiredDiaz

Lol at this. Edgar's gonna beat him down so much worse than the other 2 times Phone Post 3.0
9/11/13 8:29 PM
Flave

Edited: 09/11/13 8:31 PM
Rightly or wrongly, feels increasingly rare to hear this kind of exciting news in mma now. I know it might not make a whole lot of sense and i realise the shortcomings that BJ has experienced in his career vs potential...but am very excited to see BJ in new weight class - looking forward to this very much, hope he comes to fight!!

Oh and i think that BJ can win handily if he comes in any sorta shape (which with the weight i assume he will) and can come with any sorta aggression (which i worry about slightly at this stage as a father etc)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.