UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ronda quits mma after first loss.

9/13/13 6:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bobby Lupo
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She'll leave MMA before she loses or has to face a real threat. 3 more fights and she's gone like Gina or Brock. She's bigger than MMA
9/13/13 10:14 AM
BatmanTookMyLunchMoney
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus christ its like everyone forgot she's an Olympic champion. People like that don't quit; when she loses, she's gonna come back stronger and smash whatever poor girl took ronda's belt away Phone Post
9/13/13 10:35 AM
tbi0904
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vulva Fabulous - 
lifeaftrprison -
Stonemann -
ClassicMacGruber -  Ala Gina Carano. Life is good until you're finally exposed. Once she becomes "human", there's no story. And when there's no story, she'll lose the attention she so craves and has become acustom to. She'll lose all motivation to train and fight, but call it "seeking other opportunities". Phone Post

some posts are so hard not to want to take a bat to ....

Gina is amazing, and Ronda is psycho-badass. Show some respect please, since you have no real understanding of the sport, those people, or what it takes to reach that level. Thank you
Agreed , so lets take you to bat. You make an assumption just like he did - how do you know what he knows ? He may know the intricacies of footwork , shots , angles , submissions etc.- he can't reach that level ? How do you know he is not a president of a corporation and reached a level you cant imagine? you insult him no different then he did. Except one thing , he can actually see how their body language and attitude is - which allows him to reach an educated conclusion. You assume what ? He can't understand mma because why? He could be a lifelong martial artist - oh that's right no way he knows anything he doesn't have a green name on a public forum - so he's a loser. Last time I checked you don't have to be a fighter to understand mma or coach it successfully - you don't have to be a psychologist to see Ronda will have a very very hard time once she takes a loss - so you show some respect - and take your own advice. Phone Post 3.0
Take it easy Stonemann, Ronda isn't going to fuck you.

Take it easy lifeaftrprison, Stonemann isn't going to fuck you.

Did I miss anybody? :) Phone Post

Ronda threads always boil down to that. If you defend her you're a pathetic white knight who wants to fuck her and if you disapprove of her you're intimidated by strong women and a pathetic hater. Since this is the UG both sides are faggots as well.
9/13/13 10:46 AM
kevsh
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To make it clear, I'm not at all suggesting Ronda has no heart nor that she is a quitter. But I do believe if she loses to Meisha she may just implode and walk away. This I believe because she is so consumed with beating Tate that she may not be able to emotionally handle a loss.

Don't believe me? Look at how she reacted when her "student" Shayna lost, a woman she trained for a few days, to Pena. She looked like she was about to murder someone. No joking, I think Dana may want to have the National Guard on hand for the coach's challenge. If Rousey loses that we may see a full-fledged meltdown.
9/13/13 10:49 AM
LucasBTiger
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cyberc92 - I can see her having a complete meltdown in the cage afterward. I would envision it being a hybrid temper tantrum between Nick Diaz/Forrest Griffin.
Amen Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 10:51 AM
TheBoognish
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Elite Alkemist - People with no heart usually dont make it to the olympics or the top of any other competitive sport. Especially a woman making it to the top of a male dominated combat sport and convincing Dana White that women deserve as much of a spot in MMA as men.
Don't tell the ignorant haters this. They don't understand stuff that makes sense. They just want to anonymously hate someone that has accomplished more than they could ever dream of. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 11:25 AM
Kim Jong Uno

Can't see it. Too passionate, too crazy. The only reason she leaves the sport now is retirement due to age, or career-ending injury.

This lady loves to fight, loves to compete.
9/13/13 11:59 AM
chrisbaker

kevsh - To make it clear, I'm not at all suggesting Ronda has no heart nor that she is a quitter. But I do believe if she loses to Meisha she may just implode and walk away. This I believe because she is so consumed with beating Tate that she may not be able to emotionally handle a loss.

Don't believe me? Look at how she reacted when her "student" Shayna lost, a woman she trained for a few days, to Pena. She looked like she was about to murder someone. No joking, I think Dana may want to have the National Guard on hand for the coach's challenge. If Rousey loses that we may see a full-fledged meltdown.
This Phone Post
9/13/13 12:19 PM
Sprawl 68

I would like to see how she reacts if Tate can punch her in the face a few times right out of the gate. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 12:50 PM
KingOfFighters

Barbasol - She damn near got beat and fought off a choke to win a minute late, she has heart.

She is a poor sport, not the nicest competitor especially when it's against a huge rival

I think you're jumping the gun. Bump this when she retires. Phone Post 3.0
ya watching her fight, there were several chances for both miesha and ronda to have.ended that fight earlier. she is not a level above everyone else like cyborg is, and i wouldnt br shocked if miesha beats her in the rematch. Phone Post
9/13/13 2:01 PM
Chromium
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

neddac - 
Chromium - 
neddac - Wait, so Tate's newcomer/training partner beat Rhonda's veteran? Nice! that should be the talking point really.

Rhonda a bit delusional thinking she has a big movie career ahead of her. He's too plain. And how many movies can they do of her hip tossing stunt men around?

*Cue the White Knights who have a hard on for her jumping to the rescue.

It's simple logic. Didn't work for fine-ass Gina, def won't work for stumpy-barrel Rhonda.

You waited 11 months to make your first post in the wrong thread?

Evidently. Are you here to steal my pocket money??

Come up with something a bit wittier in future.

P.S. You're ghey for Honda

neddac - Remember that they're both young and american too.

#narcisism
neddac - <jokes>

I'm kind of in awe at how bad you are at this.

9/13/13 2:19 PM
NotSomeTourist
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I disagree. She's lost in judo before. She'll be upset but she won't quit.

9/13/13 2:36 PM
michegre
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh she will quit alright. She wont be second best. It will come with excuses and I'm doing other things. But she will quit. Looking forward to the thread bump op. Phone Post 3.0
9/13/13 2:53 PM
Another Foob
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure she has experience losing matches. She got olympic bronze. I think you get gold if you're undefeated.
9/13/13 3:07 PM
AustintheWolfe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda seems emotionally stunted
9/13/13 3:15 PM
TheRaider
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I predict a crow shortage in the future.

Since everyone like tv shows so much, you should watch Breaking Ground. It was surprisingly good and very well produced.
9/13/13 3:18 PM
Devildog72

I don't think there's any question she has heart/dedication to achieve what she has in her judo/olympic career. Back then she was hungry, goal driven and relatively unknown. She HAD to keep going after losses. Now, she's a spoiled "star/celebrity" who the world revolves around. Plus she has other options (an out of mma). When you have nothing else, you have fire and drive. When you have "options" you say f*ck it when things don't go your way...

Or...whatever...
9/13/13 3:46 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cyberc92 - I can see her having a complete meltdown in the cage afterward. I would envision it being a hybrid temper tantrum between Nick Diaz/Forrest Griffin.

Hahahaha....I agree. Perhaps she would do that "man-walk" and storm out like she did on TUF the other night. Her post-fight Rogan interview would be like "<sniff> I will make myself pay for losing. I will destroy....myself!"
9/13/13 3:53 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The white-knightness occurring in this thread is both blinding to the naked eye and damaging to boners everywhere. Just.....stop.....please.
9/13/13 4:13 PM
JonnyW
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's too bad she quit Judo after losing, she could have made it to the Olympics............
9/13/13 5:21 PM
sadisticsoldier

Just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, the world may never know.
9/13/13 10:29 PM
Stonemann
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gina was natural, real woman, real fighter, real badass. But most importantly, real woman. Cyborg was "not" natural, short-cutted around Gina, and the fans jusat went with the winner. It broke Ginas heart, and I dont blame her one bit. She showed up and "knew" the physical mis-match. She still showed up.

I have met Cris Cyborg, she is a nice woman. I have no hatred for fighters that need or use supplements. But show some decency for the real warriors like BJ, RC, and Gina who did it all naturaly. Gina is and was GORGEOUS, and still a badass, and completely natural. Don't you respect the human warrior side of the sport? Otherwise why do you even give 2 fucks about the sport. Just watch NASCAR and wait for a wreck. To me the sport is a whole lot more than a blood ritual
9/13/13 10:36 PM
Vote me down

People watch Nascar not to see wrecks? wtf.

9/13/13 10:42 PM
ChaosOverkill
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/13/13 10:42 PM
Vote me down - 

People watch Nascar not to see wrecks? wtf.

there are two things to watch in MMA though, fighting and trainwrecking drama cases.

Nascar there's one for a lot of people. And for some golf fans I imagine it's catching one of Tiger Wood's whores running onto the course screaming that he gave them crabs.

9/13/13 11:41 PM
Jambo888
701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rhonda represents an evolutionary era in WMMA the same as the early TMA, BJJ, wrestlers, strikers etc. all did and she is currently so dominant at her skill set that its probably going to take an elite fighter to dethrone her. if and when that happens, I believe she will work to evolve her skills to counter and try to get her title back. plus, somewhate contingent on how such a lose would happen, there will be pretty significant financial incentive to fight a rematch. of course, like any mma fighter, her first loss could be her next fight or she may retire prior to ever losing. shit happens, its fighting after all and sometimes people shock the world.

you don't win olympic medals without championship level heart, committment and determination. and she sure as heck isn't scared.

but the best thing Rousey is doing is helping convince 13 year old girls that a career in MMA is possible and desireable. ten years from now, the next generation of WMMA fighters will be amazing. same as happened in men's MMA.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.