UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The first time you took a punch?

9/12/13 1:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
the islander
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been kickboxing since I was 6. Ate a nice shot by some kid a few years older. I think I actually started to cry lol, the kid (who was like 10) felt like a dick an started crying himself. Pretty funny when I look back on it Phone Post
9/12/13 1:28 PM
InTheWeedz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust -

I'm not even joking about this:

When I was a kid, we didn't have much money. We were straight-up fucking poor. I became so good at trading items from my poor-kid lunch because my family could never afford the awesome stuff like snack packs, it was an apple and a peanut butter sandwich for me. One time I convinced some kid to give me all his pudding because it was made with "partly skimmed milk". Well one fateful day when I was about nine years old, my parents came back with a box of Twinkies. I was more excited than the average kid because I had never had a twinkie before. 

It's also important to note that I was a bonafide wimp at this point in my life. If someone bullied me, I'd take it and not say a word. I was constantly dealing with that sorta crap both at home and at school, you know name calling or shoving and such. Anyway, there I was standing on the playground. My eyes were alight and my heart aflutter as I peeled back the wrapper to reveal the sweet, spongey, cream-fill golden wonder. I began to bring the sweet treat up to my mouth, salivating and contemplating the adventures my taste-buds are about to embark on, when BAM! This kid who was always giving me a hard time actually wound up and dropped me right on my face.

I  remember that my first instinct was to just take it. I was going to walk away and not say a word. But then something happened that changed my life forever. I looked down in my hand to make sure the twinkie was alright. In my hand I saw chunks of twinkie flesh and viscera, mixed with dirt and rocks. I looked up at my attacker with pure, unbridled rage. He started running before I even moved. I chased him out to the middle of the field and I beat him until he was a mess of blood and cream filling.

That was actually the last time I ever let someone bully me.

Fail Phone Post
9/12/13 1:30 PM
RileyPust
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You could've substituted the word 'fail' for another one of your videos.

9/12/13 1:30 PM
InTheWeedz

Big Pookie -
Got jumped by 3 dudes for my chocolate bar (mirage) in grade 2. They were much older. I immediately started eating it so they couldn't take it, all while they were pummeling me. I don't remember feeling any pain but I probably should have just given them the mirage bar.
Bwahahahahahaha. Is this Aziz Ansari? And are you talking about your nephew Harris?? Phone Post
9/12/13 1:55 PM
BubblesNS
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kazp306 -
Big Pookie -
Got jumped by 3 dudes for my chocolate bar (mirage) in grade 2. They were much older. I immediately started eating it so they couldn't take it, all while they were pummeling me. I don't remember feeling any pain but I probably should have just given them the mirage bar.
Hahahahah Phone Post
I laughed pretty hard when i played that in my mind. Its right out of A Christmas Story. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 4:01 PM
FFTF_stuffadamdoes
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got jumped by a group of guys in 6th grade bc I decked one of them for trying to take my frisbee. Didn't get hit too much bc they all got in each others way.

When I was coaching ms wrestling this one kid was way bigger than me and we both shot at each other and his shoulder caught me right under the chin. My lights were flicking on and off for about a half hour. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 5:05 PM
WizeKraker
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4th or 5th grade. saw one of my friends crying, with 2 others consoling him. went over asked what was up.

turns out some kid threw a rock at him and broke his wrist. so i went over to confront him.

asked him what his issue was, what kind of bitch throws a rock?

he began swinging with everything he had. i took about 10 shots to the head before i realized what the fuck was happening.

Then i began unloading on him. fucked him up bad. had to be pulled off of him. a bloody unconscious mess he was.

i was suspended for 3 weeks for what my principle referred to as "a hate crime" because the kid was black. i said "damn right i hate him, bitch threw a rock at jimmy!" did not help my case.

he transferred schools. 3 weeks later i returned and the event wasn't really mentioned again. no one fucked with my friends tho that's for sure. so that would probably be my first fight.

First punch? lots between the ages of 0-4, when my dad used to beat the shit out of me for being born.
9/12/13 5:11 PM
CowboysStuntDouble
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My cousins beat my ass all through my childhood, but the first ever 'fight' I was in was actually when I started training. So my cherry was popped by the gyms heavyweight who held the local amateur title. Ahhh fond memories Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 5:12 PM
THE CACTUS KID
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Pookie - 

Reading that was great!
9/12/13 5:19 PM
THE CACTUS KID
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I was 5 a 9yo took my bike,so my older brother took me to his house to go and get it. Turns out he didnt want to give it back,so we fought for it. We got into a quik scrap and i pounded him out,he was on the ground crying and for good measure i jumped on him and told my brother to count to 3. I rode home on my bike
9/12/13 5:37 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was 11.

I told Dad to get his own drink.

He totally pulled a Hendo-Bisping too and landed an extra shot.

Because I woke up only to smell coffee breath and see that meaty fist flying toward me again. Phone Post
9/12/13 5:53 PM
RattleCaT
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've never taken a hard punch but in high school basketball I took a hard elbow on the nose. It jarred me but I turned around and ran down the court. Everyone stopped and looked at me. Turns out I was bleeding everywhere but like some sort of badass I felt nothing NOTHING. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 5:57 PM
InTheWeedz

I don't take damage... I've mastered the sidestep.... Phone Post
9/12/13 5:57 PM
Rudi

7th grade, guy punched me in the jaw because i wouldnt go fight his friend in the restroom.

No fucking shit i was going to fight him in the restroom, this guy had like 16 of his guy relatives in the restroom waiting to jump me.. Phone Post
9/12/13 5:59 PM
NukSooCow

In karate class I sparred a gigantic line back type guy. We were supposed to go light. He didn't. Knocked my tooth out. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 5:59 PM
RattleCaT
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

InTheWeedz - I don't take damage... I've mastered the sidestep.... Phone Post
I'd shake your hand but I can't even focus on you, shifty lil devil Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:11 PM
billaabum
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm curious to know if anyone has taken their first hit as an adult and how it affected them. If anyone has a story to share I'll be glad to read it! Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:12 PM
Ajm1218
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

RileyPust - 

You could've substituted the word 'fail' for another one of your videos.

This made me laugh, great comeback. VTFU
9/12/13 6:14 PM
Il Duce
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent thread.

I got sucker punched outside a high school basketball game, for being a wannabe tough guy, by one of the inner city kids who bussed into my mostly Caucasian school. It was 9th grade, he was with his yoked football team homies and I was with some other scrawny friend. Outmatched for sure. It was a solid punch to the jaw and and though I stayed up, it scrambled me pretty good. I didn't retaliate, not even sure I said anything. I was a graffiti guy, and probably just rubbed them the wrong way. About 1989-90.

I'd been in fights before that, but that was my the first good single hit.

I box a little and do some Muay Thai, but the hardest shot I've taken as an adult was from my 135lb dog Cane Corso (Italian mastiff). I was on my knees (beep) cleaning some shredded dog toys behind the couch and he came barreling full force from around the corner. He dipped to explode out of the turn and bashed into my eye with his bowling ball head. It knocked me flat on my back and my eye started swelling immediately. It didn't quite swell shut, but it was close. Think BJ Penn after Diaz. I imagine that was about what it's like taking a flush knee and made me gain a lot of respect for fighters' pain tolerance and toughness conditioning. But it was funny at the same time. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:27 PM
FoluFam

I was playing a game of football(soccer 4 you shitassamericans) and our teams began arguing over a goal. I ran up, yelled I'll fight the hardest guy on their team ( I had no previous fights, just pure adrenalin to beat the opposition) so their hardest came up, cocked his fist, lent back and threw a solid left overhand to my jaw..

I didnt drop but I ran away like a pussy (I was the tallest black guy on the pitch, it was a rare sight)

Lesson:
Duck. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 6:34 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I was 5-8 and still lived around my cousins we went pretty rough, so that was probably the first time I got hit hard with bad intent.. we were just kids, but we were brutal to each other really. We would stick big thorns into crab apples and throw them at each other, for example... pretty dumb kids haha.

First time I was stunned by a punch was when some kid punched me in the gut in 4th grade, knocked the wind out of me. I'm not sure why he did it but I was the new kid in a pretty redneck town so that was probably it.

First time I was stunned by a punch to the face I was 17. I had just left kali and was meeting my then gf, now wife, at DQ a few blocks away. When I was across the street from the DQ I stopped and smoked a joint. I donate the roach and go to walk away when some guy stops me and asks for a cigarette. I tell him I don't have any (didn't smoke them) and he just decks me. I lost my balance but I managed to tackle him and end up on top of him. I went to punch him but when I seen his face he looked so absolutely shocked and horrified I actually kind of felt bad. I pushed myself up and backed off. He got up and started walking down the alley away from the DQ.

Definitely one of the strangest encounters I've ever had.

9/12/13 6:40 PM
coookey

Good times in the trailer park - no joke! First memorable strike was a kick.

There was always a few that were bullies and they always seemed to have a wannabes.

I've always been the easy going type that never really had any major problems, I respect people and I'm quit humble. I'm likeable so I don't usually have any conflicts with people, but I will defend and revenge myself with vigorous fervent.

So there's this one kid, a real jerk, always had a few followers, like a little rat pack gang. He was the bully kid, moustache at age 12, huge by my comparison. So these 2 new kids move in and somehow right away they are friends with this bully. One day I'm walking up this trail to my friends place, and him and these 2 kids are there at the top of the hill and this bully is telling this other kid to kick me. I thought they were joking but apparently they weren't. Out of no where the kid wings a kick and hits me square in the junk. So I'm in shock and my crotch is literally numb from pain. Of course they went running like a bunch of pansies before I could react. The story continues but the bully got his justice years later. He realized being a bully was not a good choice for a trailer park boy. We did hang out occasionally and I had the pleasure of seeing him slide down a snowy hill on a crazy carpet, only to lose the carpet behind him and drive crotch first, spread eagle into the corner of a trailer.

I did retaliate, the idea came from my friends father who was always the tough guy alpha male type. He said I should take him down and pound his head in the asphalt.

So, a day goes by and I haven't seen this kid anywhere, they literally lived within 200 ft of us, across from a playground.

I saw him come out of his house the day after and ran after him with some of the vigorous fervent that I possess. I was young and took the words of the friends father quite literally and caught up with him in the playground. It was really a blur and all I really remember is getting on top and smashing his head into the ground until he bled. Then I got up and walked away. The parents talked and nothing was ever said, he got what he deserved.

A few month later his pussy ass brother tried to sucker punch me at the bus stop, but he missed, 6 times in a row. Then he cried because he couldn't do shit. Nobody there ever bothered me again.
9/12/13 6:53 PM
Ben Gardners boat
319 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/12/13 7:04 PM

Street fight in my teens. Saw three guys beating up my friend. Ran up and punched one of them and as my momentum carried me forward got the back of my head tuned up by his mate. It all broke up and the guy I hit came up to me moaning that I'd punched him and he had a very large swollen eye to prove it. Thing was the punch to the back of my swede had wiped the memory of punching the guy. I spent 5 minutes telling him I didn't do it and it was only as I was walking away my mate told me I had actually done it. I still can't remember anything of it other than running over to them when they were hitting my mate then  seeing the guys swollen eye and telling him it was fuck all to do with me then having a really sore head the next day. Apparently it was quite a tidy little uppercut too. Gutted I missed it!

Years later in Thai sparring after only ever hitting the heavy bag and never really learning not to always punch as hard as possible and thus being crap at de powering my punches I got my nose broken after landing a right hook too hard on my (much better) sparring partner. I held back better after that.. Phone Post 3.0

9/12/13 7:20 PM
RonysTorresIceBag
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

billaabum - When was the first time you've ever taken a hard shot to the face/body?

My 'first' (no pun intended) was way back in high school, this tough guy dropped me with a knee to the solar plexus after I threw a 1-2 combo (which he dodged smh). Didn't kick my ass afterwards but I was winded and gasping for air for quite some time lol. Good to experience, never taken a 'solid' punch to the face though (I really should). Phone Post 3.0

new years eve, 2002. dude hit me in the face. i hit him with two uppercuts, picked him up, walked him a few feet, and dropped him. i rained elbows on him until he quit. i was amazed at what i had done. i didn't expect it from myself.
9/12/13 7:27 PM
nastydirtysavage
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My dad has hit me with a few hard shots from 12-17. Knocked me unconscious twice. I have a two inch scar from having a bottle smashed over my head in a bar fight when I was 24.

When you get hit enough growing up it stops scaring you. But it always bothers you. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.