UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: I hope FMJ vs. Alvarez breaks PPV record

9/12/13 11:04 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

ESPN.com boxing writer and television commentator Dan Rafael asked UFC president Dana White about the guaranteed purse of $41,500,000 that Floyd Mayweather will receive for fighting Canelo Alvarez on Sept 14, live on PPV.

Dan Rafaelt @danrafaelespn
Question for my man @danawhite: Could a UFC fighter ever earn the guaranteed $41.5 million that Floyd Mayweather will earn next week?

Seán Sheehan ‏@SeanSheehanBA
That's whats called, a stupid f---ing question dummy

Ryan Byers ‏@RyanByers925
name ONE other boxer that can do that? You can't.

Obviously, it's the record. But many have earned north of $10 million for a fight, even $20 million

Dana White ‏@danawhite
we have been here for 13 years started making $ in 2007 continue to grow in the US and globally so I would have to say yes.

Hope to see it happen someday.

Dana White ‏@danawhite
thank u

Dana White ‏@danawhite
I love to see boxing kill it like this. I hope they break the PPV record too. It shows how many people will Buy right fight

So what do you think UG? Are you excited for Mayweather vs. Alvarez? And do you think UFC purses will ever reach that level?

Thanks to BE for the find.

9/12/13 11:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GR33K 13
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boxing is not a sport. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 11:19 AM
Vaginal Tear
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Once Floyd retires who will be the big boxing draw? Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 11:21 AM
Malvert the Janitor
848 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GR33K 13 - Boxing is not a sport. Phone Post 3.0
Explain please... Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 11:29 AM
Tilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vaginal Tear - Once Floyd retires who will be the big boxing draw? Phone Post 3.0

Broner, Golovkin, Matthysse, Garcia, Canelo... There's a few.

And the UFC will NEVER pay that kind of money to a fighter EVER. But no doubt they'll give everyone the old 'Behind closed doors' nonsense.

Has a UFC fighter EVER made $10 Mill for a fight?
9/12/13 11:30 AM
Rudi

Tilla -
Vaginal Tear - Once Floyd retires who will be the big boxing draw? Phone Post 3.0

And the UFC will NEVER pay that kind of money to a fighter EVER. But no doubt they'll give everyone the old 'Behind closed doors' nonsense.

How long has boxing been around you idiot? does UFC sell as much as boxing yet? Phone Post
9/12/13 11:31 AM
shaqitup
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tilla -

I don't know what Anderson or Brock have earned, but gsp has said he earns 4-5 a fight including sponsors Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 11:35 AM
mijo

The UFC took over Boxing as my favorite sport. I agree with Dana White. Good for the UFC, and Boxing.
9/12/13 11:47 AM
The Sauce
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeekk! Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 11:49 AM
Sinful1
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mijo - The UFC took over Boxing as my favorite sport. I agree with Dana White. Good for the UFC, and Boxing.

I take it you trane UFC also.
9/12/13 11:52 AM
DaddyRich
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love boxing and watching Floyd fight but I seriously can't justify contributing another dollar to him.
9/12/13 11:53 AM
man meets fate

YourMomMadeMeTap - I hope they never, ever, ever fucking do. Look at the way FMW acts. The way they can afford to duck opponents. MMA is wonderful as is.

Floyd Mayweathers resume even just world champions alone is more impressive than anderson.
9/12/13 11:57 AM
Blunted Ninja
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't combat douche with more douche. You douche. Phone Post
9/12/13 11:58 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think I'd like any one MMA fighter to earn that kind of money. Phone Post
9/12/13 11:59 AM
Blunted Ninja
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man meets fate -
YourMomMadeMeTap - I hope they never, ever, ever fucking do. Look at the way FMW acts. The way they can afford to duck opponents. MMA is wonderful as is.

Floyd Mayweathers resume even just world champions alone is more impressive than anderson.
True statement hate him or not. Flyods broken all kinds of records and achieved so much in boxing. Phone Post
9/12/13 12:08 PM
ender852
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

man I hope Canelo starches his ass, can't stand Floyd Fagwether

9/12/13 12:17 PM
Animal Mother
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup -
Tilla -

I don't know what Anderson or Brock have earned, but gsp has said he earns 4-5 a fight including sponsors Phone Post 3.0
Everybody always says "including sponsors". That a completely desperate deal from what the UFC pays and shouldn't be brought up in these discussions. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 12:25 PM
GR33K 13
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blunted Ninja -
Don't combat douche with more douche. You douche. Phone Post
Easy there tough guy. Don't be so sensitive. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 12:27 PM
Tilla

Rudi - 
Tilla -

How long has boxing been around you idiot? does UFC sell as much as boxing yet? Phone Post

Dana say's "It's the fastest growing sport in the world"

Lorenzo say's "The UFC is bigger than Manchester United"

So, for two of the three most high-level people in the company to come out with those claims yet a fighter under the UFC hasn't earned $10+ Million as their purse say's a lot, IMO.

Dana reckons that the UFC sells more PPV's per year than the big Boxing shows do. Add the gate money to that, and fighters still earn $100-200k per fight? LOLOLOLOL.

9/12/13 12:28 PM
Tilla

Animal Mother - 
shaqitup -
Tilla -

Everybody always says "including sponsors". That a completely desperate deal from what the UFC pays and shouldn't be brought up in these discussions. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly!
9/12/13 12:30 PM
man meets fate

I like how fans only can bring up boxers that are not even in top 100-200 and are know by a total of 8 people (including family) makes only couple thousand, when boxers who are barely top 30-30 make more than most high profile mma fighters
9/12/13 1:21 PM
YHTOMIT2001
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Mother - 
shaqitup -
Tilla -

Well Floyd is also the promoter and a lot of his money comes from PPV sales, the gate, and merchandising so it's not really an even comparison. You can't really compare Floyd's payout to any UFC fighter because no UFC fighter promotes his own fights

9/12/13 1:29 PM
man meets fate

YHTOMIT2001 - 
Animal Mother - 
shaqitup -
Tilla -

Well Floyd is also the promoter and a lot of his money comes from PPV sales, the gate, and merchandising so it's not really an even comparison. You can't really compare Floyd's payout to any UFC fighter because no UFC fighter promotes his own fights

Ok then what about all the other boxers who makes millions every fight?
9/12/13 1:43 PM
Keithadamberrydotcom
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He just doesn't want people to remember there is a BELLATOR event tomorrow! Phone Post
9/12/13 2:39 PM
JimmersonzGlove
504 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dana makes a good point. Anytime you have these huge events, it goes to show that enough people will plunk down money for the right fight.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.