UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFC 165 on UFC on Xbox LIVE

9/12/13 2:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UFConXboxLIVE
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xbox, Community Manager

Jon Jones holds the reach advantage and has an unpredictable style but Alexander Gustafsson has some great footwork and KO power in his hands. How will it go down at UFC 165? You can now order the Pay Per View on UFC on Xbox LIVE.

We've loaded up the app with featured past fights from both fighters and the UFC 165 extended preview (of course more to come leading up to fight day). We're also showing the free fights on the app too.....first up is Gustafsson vs Hamman.

9/16/13 1:15 PM
UFConXboxLIVE
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xbox, Community Manager

We now have the free Jones vs Bader fight up on UFC on Xbox LIVE app.

We're also giving away a pair of signed gloves on our Facebook page so make sure you check it out (and LIKE the page too!)

Happy Fight Week!

https://www.facebook.com/UFConXbox

9/16/13 1:24 PM
Feelz Good
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been waiting for this post, since I had a question. I was wondering if you could tell me/know the delay of the Xbox Live feed vs cable PPV? It's pretty obvious that there is one, is there anything you can do about that? Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 1:34 PM
RickStorm
1753 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Forum Admin

TTT

9/16/13 2:27 PM
UFConXboxLIVE

Xbox, Community Manager
Feelz Good - Been waiting for this post, since I had a question. I was wondering if you could tell me/know the delay of the Xbox Live feed vs cable PPV? It's pretty obvious that there is one, is there anything you can do about that? Phone Post 3.0

Great question!  

Any video service delivered over the internet must first be encoded from the source feed coming from the satellite. When we receive the feed from the UFC directly it's being encoded in real-time.  So there is a slight delay due to this encoding process but we are partnered with one of the largest streaming providers on the planet, and they are running the best tech available.  It's a balance of optimal encoding of the video while maintaining high quality video...and doing all of this real-time!

Hope that helps!

9/16/13 2:41 PM
Bawls
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFConXboxLIVE -
Feelz Good - Been waiting for this post, since I had a question. I was wondering if you could tell me/know the delay of the Xbox Live feed vs cable PPV? It's pretty obvious that there is one, is there anything you can do about that? Phone Post 3.0

Great question!  

Any video service delivered over the internet must first be encoded from the source feed coming from the satellite. When we receive the feed from the UFC directly it's being encoded in real-time.  So there is a slight delay due to this encoding process but we are partnered with one of the largest streaming providers on the planet, and they are running the best tech available.  It's a balance of optimal encoding of the video while maintaining high quality video...and doing all of this real-time!

Hope that helps!

You must have a bad ass job Phone Post
9/16/13 3:34 PM
Feelz Good

UFConXboxLIVE -

Great question!  

Hope that helps!

I guess I was just wondering if there would be any improvement in that. I already knew it was happening, and had a basic understanding of why it happens. I've just accepted it since I prefer the picture quality on Xbox Live. I just have to stay off of forums until fights are over and avoid chat sessions completely during the fights. Which isn't a huge deal, but it would be nice to have my cake and eat it too. Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 3:38 PM
mikerobmma
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFC on UFC on UFC on UFC Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 4:17 PM
UGCTT croy_00
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikerobmma - UFC on UFC on UFC on UFC Phone Post 3.0

Yo dog, we heard you liked the UFC.

9/16/13 5:14 PM
The Octa...Gone
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bawls -
UFConXboxLIVE -

Great question!  

Hope that helps!

If it is indeed "bad ass" are there any available openings? Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 6:01 PM
Ghengiseanie

UK possibilities? I get it all free on my broadband provider BT sport. If they have the rights I wonder if they would do an Xbox app Phone Post 3.0
9/16/13 9:06 PM
Garet JJ
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFConXboxLIVE -

Great question!  

Hope that helps!

Amazing spin, great salesman, lol. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 1:51 AM
DIMEbroken

Man we just got my oldest boy (7 years old) a new Xbox in July for his bday. And since then he has been talking about watching a UFC fight on his Xbox. He is a real big fan of Jon jones and we planned on ordering on Xbox live. He loves doing jiu jitsu and has two stripes on his belt. The sad thing is, we had our house broken into 1 week ago and the only things they stole was his Xbox and my ps3, he was so bummed the first thing he said was, "what about Bones jones dad, he only fights on Xbox live with black ops!!!!" I wish we could make it happen for him, but We are a young family trying to build up. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 2:52 AM
mikerobmma
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DIMEbroken - Man we just got my oldest boy (7 years old) a new Xbox in July for his bday. And since then he has been talking about watching a UFC fight on his Xbox. He is a real big fan of Jon jones and we planned on ordering on Xbox live. He loves doing jiu jitsu and has two stripes on his belt. The sad thing is, we had our house broken into 1 week ago and the only things they stole was his Xbox and my ps3, he was so bummed the first thing he said was, "what about Bones jones dad, he only fights on Xbox live with black ops!!!!" I wish we could make it happen for him, but We are a young family trying to build up. Phone Post 3.0
Damn bro, all I got is a vote up for you. Sounds like you're doing the right thing though, don't let the setbacks get you down brother. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 3:06 AM
ThickS0lid N Right
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFConXboxLIVE -

Jon Jones holds the reach advantage and has an unpredictable style but Alexander Gustafsson has some great footwork and KO power in his hands. How will it go down at UFC 165? You can now order the Pay Per View on UFC on Xbox LIVE.

We've loaded up the app with featured past fights from both fighters and the UFC 165 extended preview (of course more to come leading up to fight day). We're also showing the free fights on the app too.....first up is Gustafsson vs Hamman.

Still don't know why we can't have running totals over multiple events for the you pick em? I also don't know why the fights that are on that are totally random. Love the app tho still use it all the time. Best lead up to watch before an event Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 6:39 AM
Kveletak
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why is this app not global? Phone Post
9/17/13 10:58 AM
UGCTT_Roadkill
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DIMEbroken - Man we just got my oldest boy (7 years old) a new Xbox in July for his bday. And since then he has been talking about watching a UFC fight on his Xbox. He is a real big fan of Jon jones and we planned on ordering on Xbox live. He loves doing jiu jitsu and has two stripes on his belt. The sad thing is, we had our house broken into 1 week ago and the only things they stole was his Xbox and my ps3, he was so bummed the first thing he said was, "what about Bones jones dad, he only fights on Xbox live with black ops!!!!" I wish we could make it happen for him, but We are a young family trying to build up. Phone Post 3.0
Do you have any other source to be able to watch it? Computer, cable, satellite? Phone Post
9/17/13 3:03 PM
UFConXboxLIVE

Xbox, Community Manager
Feelz Good - 
UFConXboxLIVE -

Great question!  

Hope that helps!

I guess I was just wondering if there would be any improvement in that. I already knew it was happening, and had a basic understanding of why it happens. I've just accepted it since I prefer the picture quality on Xbox Live. I just have to stay off of forums until fights are over and avoid chat sessions completely during the fights. Which isn't a huge deal, but it would be nice to have my cake and eat it too. Phone Post 3.0

Ha! Totally understand!

We do have running logs, stats, etc to monitor how fast we're getting the feed and try to improve upon that. So in short...we're trying!  But there's other factors that are beyond our control like your local network connection/ISP, your friendly neighbor deciding to download Lord of the Rings and Star Wars in one go etc.

9/17/13 3:07 PM
UFConXboxLIVE

Xbox, Community Manager
The Octa...Gone - 
Bawls -
UFConXboxLIVE -

Great question!  

Hope that helps!

If it is indeed "bad ass" are there any available openings? Phone Post 3.0

Funny enough Major Nelson was looking for people to be part of his Xbox team last month (link below).  But if you are interested in being applying for a position, it would be posted under the Microsoft Job Board (http://careers.microsoft.com/).  

If we're looking for someone for our own team, we'll post it here to then :)

http://majornelson.com/2013/08/01/looking-for-trailblazing-kick-ass-team-to-help-lead-us-into-the-future/

9/17/13 4:25 PM
DIMEbroken

UGCTT_Roadkill -
Do you have any other source to be able to watch it? Computer, cable, satellite? Phone Post
We do have satellite at home
But the thing is we had already purchased our Xbox live points to order it in advance. And to be honest we currently don't have the extra funds to order it on PPV. I gotta find a way to make this happen for my boy, All he talks is watching the champ, he looks up to his fighting style and submissions so much! I don't know if i should buy him a current Xbox or just wait and get a new Xbox One. But man we have to take something happen with in the next 4 days. We just want our Xbox back!! Poor kids have been so sad and bored lately. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 4:38 PM
DIMEbroken

UFConXboxLIVE -

We now have the free Jones vs Bader fight up on UFC on Xbox LIVE app.

We're also giving away a pair of signed gloves on our Facebook page so make sure you check it out (and LIKE the page too!)

Happy Fight Week!

https://www.facebook.com/UFConXbox

Man my two boys and i planned our first UFC on XBOX LIVE for this fight because my oldest (7 yrs) really looks up to Jon jones and and loves his Xbox. Sad thing is, some low life broke into our house and still his console we even had our points saved up for the purchase. He is really bummed and now we have to figure out a new way to watch because all our $$ went into this event Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 4:44 PM
Feelz Good

DIMEbroken -
UGCTT_Roadkill -
We do have satellite at home
But the thing is we had already purchased our Xbox live points to order it in advance. And to be honest we currently don't have the extra funds to order it on PPV. I gotta find a way to make this happen for my boy, All he talks is watching the champ, he looks up to his fighting style and submissions so much! I don't know if i should buy him a current Xbox or just wait and get a new Xbox One. But man we have to take something happen with in the next 4 days. We just want our Xbox back!! Poor kids have been so sad and bored lately. Phone Post 3.0
Then you shouldn't be too upset since you wouldn't have been able to use them anyways. Xbox Live Marketplace points (which are no longer in use really) can't be used to purchase UFC events. They require, and always have, a direct credit card purchase. The UFC app is completely separate from Xbox Live marketplace. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 4:45 PM
DIMEbroken

mikerobmma -
Damn bro, all I got is a vote up for you. Sounds like you're doing the right thing though, don't let the setbacks get you down brother. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks man that really means a lot. Thanks for the vote up and hopefully something good comes out of this for my two boys. For some reason they really look up to Jon jones and feel like he can do anything. This figt was very important to them. Money is tight and I don't know how else to order it for them. I have useless Xbox live points I can't do nothing with. Everyday they keep asking me, are we gonna get our Xbox back so we can play black ops and watch the champ do amazing things. Phone Post 3.0
9/17/13 5:12 PM
UFConXboxLIVE

Xbox, Community Manager
Ghengiseanie - UK possibilities? I get it all free on my broadband provider BT sport. If they have the rights I wonder if they would do an Xbox app Phone Post 3.0

We have been honestly looking into it but there are still some tech and legality details we need to sort out.  For sure UK is top of our hitlist to expand to.

9/17/13 5:17 PM
UFConXboxLIVE

Xbox, Community Manager
DIMEbroken - 
mikerobmma -
Thanks man that really means a lot. Thanks for the vote up and hopefully something good comes out of this for my two boys. For some reason they really look up to Jon jones and feel like he can do anything. This figt was very important to them. Money is tight and I don't know how else to order it for them. I have useless Xbox live points I can't do nothing with. Everyday they keep asking me, are we gonna get our Xbox back so we can play black ops and watch the champ do amazing things. Phone Post 3.0

Hi @DIMEbroken,

I just PM'd you. Don't think we can't give away pay per views, Xbox and etc but we like to give your boys a little something something to brighten up their day.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.