UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If you think Gustafsson will win explain here

9/12/13 3:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AMartElbow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I personally think Jones is gonna dismantle him. But i'm interested to hear from the people that think the opposite. Explain how Gustafsson will win please, i want to hear opinions. I won't judge son Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 3:47 PM
Jericco

Dont buy the hype. He has no chance.
9/12/13 3:49 PM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
379 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man... I can't explain it, I just believe. I believe his stand up will just be too much for Jones, but I can't explain how he handles Jons wrestling. That will have yet to be discovered.

I tried explaining it anyways. Phone Post
9/12/13 3:50 PM
OneGloveJimmerson
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe Jones will pull off the win through his superior wrestling. If Gus were to win I'd bet it would be through the same style game plan he pulled off against Silva. Good footwork and bobbing in and out of Jones' reach to land stinging jabs and a little body work here and there. No kicks unless there oblique styled to keep Jon from extending. Circle like mad off the cage and he should only swing in the clinch to create space and get out. 5 rounds to the UD. Wayyyyyy easier said then done which is why I see Jones getting a 3rd Sub.
9/12/13 4:05 PM
glasscasket
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OneGloveJimmerson - I believe Jones will pull off the win through his superior wrestling. If Gus were to win I'd bet it would be through the same style game plan he pulled off against Silva. Good footwork and bobbing in and out of Jones' reach to land stinging jabs and a little body work here and there. No kicks unless there oblique styled to keep Jon from extending. Circle like mad off the cage and he should only swing in the clinch to create space and get out. 5 rounds to the UD. Wayyyyyy easier said then done which is why I see Jones getting a 3rd Sub.

No way Gus wins a decision, he has a punchers chance and that is all...Jones is better everywhere.
9/12/13 4:19 PM
Leck Brosnar

Gustafsson is a viking and Rogan said Lesnar would be a unstoppable rapist pillaging monster viking so vikings seem badass. Gus by viking.
9/12/13 4:26 PM
Lobo8

Edited: 09/12/13 4:27 PM
I strongly dislike jones and am rooting for Gus. But Its a long shot. Maybe if it was the less polished jones of 2 years ago it could have happened. But the current ones striking, wrestling is much to clean and polished. Further more the rate of improvement that jones goes through is absurd. He will probably look way better than he did his last two fights. Honestly the only guy that can truly beat jones is cormier, his olympic level wrestling, power, and striking is a nightmare for jones.
9/12/13 4:30 PM
bellatroll
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would like to see Gus win but I jus feel Jones is too well rounded and we will see some sort of sub or elbow face smash shit Phone Post
9/12/13 4:32 PM
KirikMyName!
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Gus, but I picture him being beaten down with TKO, and eventually submitted via arm triangle in the third.
9/12/13 4:39 PM
ShoreBreaker420
1030 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gus by toe hold Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 5:02 PM
glasscasket

Lobo8 - I strongly dislike jones and am rooting for Gus. But Its a long shot. Maybe if it was the less polished jones of 2 years ago it could have happened. But the current ones striking, wrestling is much to clean and polished. Further more the rate of improvement that jones goes through is absurd. He will probably look way better than he did his last two fights. Honestly the only guy that can truly beat jones is cormier, his olympic level wrestling, power, and striking is a nightmare for jones.

To say that Cormier "can truly beat Jones" at this point is ridiculous. Lets see him drop to 205 first. Also, while he is powerful and a great wrestler, I doubt his "striking is a nightmare for Jones"...he couldn't even put Mir away with strikes.
9/12/13 5:11 PM
T Bag

I think his best chance to win is to be on his bicycle for 5 rounds and to try and out outpoint Bones from the outside for 5 rounds Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 5:40 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito Ortiz with his face painted like Sting will rappel into the cage to kayo Jones with a hammer.

Rampage will emerge from the crowd with a chair.

Bjorn Rebney steals a live mic and yells "November second!" before the PPV goes dark. Phone Post
9/12/13 6:04 PM
XcessiveZ

Gustaffson won't be able to avoid Jones takedown for 5 rounds even if he does try to keep distance.Jons wrestling is just too good for anyone at 205.Jon will be able to control the fight with his reach as well and I don't see how Gus can keep him out of range with a jab, don't think his standup is competent enough.Great fighter with a long future in the top 5 but Jones is a once in a lifetime talent. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 7:38 PM
Tolstolobic

He will Superman punch Jones in half of second round the left hook. Rogan screaming.....

Then Gus will choke Jones unconscious and will take his shorts down.

Will be declared no contest Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.