UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 18 Episode 2 Ratings Up, Averages 870k Viewers

9/12/13 4:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Supremacy ?@MMASupremacy 4m

Good bump from debut! MT @DamonMartin Initial ratings are back for #TUF 18 last night - 870K avg viewers. Up over 100K from the debut #mma
Expand

Also First episodes DVR + 3 numbers

John Morgan ?@MMAjunkieJohn 17h

Seeing ratings expressed more and more these days with "+3" figures. Just saw those for TUF debut. Viewership went up 32% to 1.06 million.
Expand
9/12/13 4:37 PM
MMALOGIC

There's almost always a drop from the debut episode to the 2nd episode with tuf...  the fact that there was a bump  for the second episode is very encouraging.

9/12/13 4:40 PM
Chris27

MMALOGIC - 

There's almost always a drop from the debut episode to the 2nd episode with tuf...  the fact that there was a bump  for the second episode is very encouraging.

Well they always have done much higher numbers previous seasons.  WIth the push during the NFL on Fox and people finding the network the numbers should climb.  Previous seasons still do 1-1.3 mill average.  You have to deduct some off that number since the network is in 10 million less homes but as long as the season stays interesting I think you will see the numbers in the 800-1 mill range and settlle in there. 

9/12/13 4:44 PM
MMALOGIC

tuf episode 2 has beaten every college football game on fs1 so far (highest CFB game on fs1 having 825k viewers).

9/12/13 4:48 PM
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman

looks like all the scripted drama is working its magic, even to most of the UG!!

You gotta do what you gotta do to get paid :)

9/12/13 4:50 PM
ChaosOverkill
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inb4 10 pages of mudslinging over the same exact thing as the last one.

9/12/13 4:54 PM
TopGrinder

Not breaking a million is very bad. This is on pace for one of the lowest rated TUF series ever. Now it is time for Dana to spin this shitty news into something great... Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 4:58 PM
MMALOGIC

Chris27 - 
MMALOGIC - 

Well they always have done much higher numbers previous seasons.  WIth the push during the NFL on Fox and people finding the network the numbers should climb.  Previous seasons still do 1-1.3 mill average.  You have to deduct some off that number since the network is in 10 million less homes but as long as the season stays interesting I think you will see the numbers in the 800-1 mill range and settlle in there. 

yeah but the question was how much of the audience can you keep by moving to fx and then again to fs1.  FX averages over a million viewers so that wasnt the problem,.  FS1 is a desert.   The numbers are still not where they need to be but the increase is very encouraging.

9/12/13 5:12 PM
Se7enout

TopGrinder - Not breaking a million is very bad. This is on pace for one of the lowest rated TUF series ever. Now it is time for Dana to spin this shitty news into something great... Phone Post 3.0

Let me put this in a a way that even someone like you can understand...
If a tv station has say an average (an average is obtained by adding several numbers together and then dividing this total by the number of numbers you just added)10 viewers (unlikely yes but I am keeping numbers small so it is easy for you to understand) anyway if a station has an average of 10 viewers this is the stations fan base. This means that no matter what is on they can count on at least 10 people watching.
Now if a show or in this case a promotion obtains 11 or more viewers anything over 10 are the viewers that tuned in to watch that show and only that show.
If a show or promotion is at 10 viewers then that means the only people watching are the people that will watch that Chanel no matter what is on. At this point they are living off the stations fan base and doesn't really have a fan base of their own.
Now if a show or promotion were to pull 9 or less viewers this is VERY bad. As this means the stations loyal viewers are changing the Chanel because they dislike the show or promotion so uch that they went looking for ANYTHING else.

Fs1 has an average of 120k viewers. Tuf pulls 7 times that. This is not very bad. This is very good.
But if a tv station like spike who has an average fan base of over 1 million and a show like.. Ummm? I don't know? Bellator pulls ratings in the 700k range... THAT IS VERY BAD.
9/12/13 5:16 PM
B_Goetz

Still struggling, but better than the debut. It almost couldn't have done worse than it's debut numbers.
9/12/13 5:21 PM
DatSpider
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel like this is relevant here:

Ariel Helwani ?@arielhelwani 17h
After factoring DVR viewing, ratings 4 ep 1 of TUF went from .66 to .85, total viewers from 762k to 1.006mil, & men 18-49 from 388k to 497k.
9/12/13 5:26 PM
TopGrinder

Lol weak try at a spin. Facts are facts. TUF numbers are way down.

Can somebody post avg numbers for every TUF season. Shitty numbers are just that shitty numbers.

It's never good jumping around diff networks , losing more viewers each jump no matter how the fuck Dana spins it.

Even if the show squandered itself to web only content Dana would spin this tremendous failure into a good thing. Same goes for the shills on this board. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 5:26 PM
Se7enout

ssj - 
Se7enout - 
TopGrinder - Not breaking a million is very bad. This is on pace for one of the lowest rated TUF series ever. Now it is time for Dana to spin this shitty news into something great... Phone Post 3.0

Let me put this in a a way that even someone like you can understand...
If a tv station has say an average (an average is obtained by adding several numbers together and then dividing this total by the number of numbers you just added)10 viewers (unlikely yes but I am keeping numbers small so it is easy for you to understand) anyway if a station has an average of 10 viewers this is the stations fan base. This means that no matter what is on they can count on at least 10 people watching.
Now if a show or in this case a promotion obtains 11 or more viewers anything over 10 are the viewers that tuned in to watch that show and only that show.
If a show or promotion is at 10 viewers then that means the only people watching are the people that will watch that Chanel no matter what is on. At this point they are living off the stations fan base and doesn't really have a fan base of their own.
Now if a show or promotion were to pull 9 or less viewers this is VERY bad. As this means the stations loyal viewers are changing the Chanel because they dislike the show or promotion so uch that they went looking for ANYTHING else.

Fs1 has an average of 120k viewers. Tuf pulls 7 times that. This is not very bad. This is very good.
But if a tv station like spike who has an average fan base of over 1 million and a show like.. Ummm? I don't know? Bellator pulls ratings in the 700k range... THAT IS VERY BAD.

zuffa isnt looking for amateur spin doctors sorry

encouraging signs for tuf

I'm not spinning anything.. Lol that's how tv works little one. It's not really hard to ne'er stand. I assume you have at least a basic math and reading comprehension levels.. You can't research and then look at the numbers yourself if you wish.
Or go ask your teacher to explain it to you. It could help you and the rest of your class when you get to the real world.
Understanding business sides of things is good no matter what industry you chose to become a part of.
Good luck and let me know how it works out for you. Hope you can learn something from this. :)
9/12/13 5:29 PM
B_Goetz

DatSpider - I feel like this is relevant here:

After factoring DVR viewing, ratings 4 ep 1 of TUF went from .66 to .85, total viewers from 762k to 1.006mil, & men 18-49 from 388k to 497k.

Advertisers don't care about DVR viewers.
9/12/13 5:32 PM
Se7enout

TopGrinder - Lol weak try at a spin. Facts are facts. TUF numbers are way down.

Can somebody post avg numbers for every TUF season. Shitty numbers are just that shitty numbers.

It's never good jumping around diff networks , losing more viewers each jump no matter how the fuck Dana spins it.

Even if the show squandered itself to web only content Dana would spin this tremendous failure into a good thing. Same goes for the shills on this board. Phone Post 3.0

Are your truly this dumb? Or do you have an agenda? You do understand that an established network like espn has a built in fan base right? They have their fans that will only watch espn for their sporting news.
Anything that fs tries to do at this point will be different and just not what sports fans are used to. In order to change that they are using ufc and some other live sporting events to lore fans away from espn in hopes that they will stick around for their original programming. They knew and ufc knew that numbers on fs1 (120k average) will not pull the numbers they did on fx (1 million + average)
It's really not that hard to understand. It's not a spin it is a fact. Ufc is fs's most valuable commodity. They don't have anything better then ufc.
9/12/13 5:33 PM
MMALOGIC

DVR is mainly relavent for in content sponsors (on the mat etc...) and if those viewers add to the live plus same day audience the following week.  People who buy ad slots dont look at dvr + 3 or +7 numbers.

more people consuming the product the better but mostly because of the hope they add to the live audience in the future.

9/12/13 5:53 PM
DatSpider
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

DVR is mainly relavent for in content sponsors (on the mat etc...) and if those viewers add to the live plus same day audience the following week.  People who buy ad slots dont look at dvr + 3 or +7 numbers.

more people consuming the product the better but mostly because of the hope they add to the live audience in the future.

I see, thanks.It makes sense, since people skip over commercials when watching recorded shows.

9/12/13 6:09 PM
Lynchman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B_Goetz - 

Interestingly enough, Spike makes a point of sending out the Bellator Fight Master DVR numbers to the media.

If anyone here actually thought this season of TUF was going to average over one million, you were dreaming.

The first 6-12 months of FS1 are going to be rough, so will the UFC content during that time.

Is Fox happy? I am sure they are. Will the UFC be happy? Likely not, but they are working with Fox to build the channel and will put a positive spin on things.

The numbers are bad by TUF standards, but very good based on the channel and the small audience it has.

Remember Bellator on MTV2? A lot of homes have MTV2, but very few watch it. The numbers weren't great for Bellator, but they were solid by MTV2 standards. I think MTV2's biggest audience ever was just over one million viewers.
9/12/13 6:17 PM
epwar
541 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still a terrible number for TUF.  They were hoping this show would be doing 1.3 million+

9/12/13 6:29 PM
Se7enout

Lynchman - 
B_Goetz - 

Interestingly enough, Spike makes a point of sending out the Bellator Fight Master DVR numbers to the media.

If anyone here actually thought this season of TUF was going to average over one million, you were dreaming.

The first 6-12 months of FS1 are going to be rough, so will the UFC content during that time.

Is Fox happy? I am sure they are. Will the UFC be happy? Likely not, but they are working with Fox to build the channel and will put a positive spin on things.

The numbers are bad by TUF standards, but very good based on the channel and the small audience it has.

Remember Bellator on MTV2? A lot of homes have MTV2, but very few watch it. The numbers weren't great for Bellator, but they were solid by MTV2 standards. I think MTV2's biggest audience ever was just over one million viewers.

Spike puts the DVR numbers out because they are trying to save face. They want to be seen as UFC's equal which they clearly are not.
As far as ufc being happy... They absolutely are happy. Here is why. The ufc is not losing viewers and putting stacked cards on free tv for nothing.
They know that eventually their loyalty to fox will payoff. More money, more fox cards weekly live fight series.
The ufc is taking a minor hit now but will be rewarded ten fold and they know this.
The numbers are bad for the tuf series but great for fox. Wait and see what happens with fox and ufc. This time around fox got one hell of a bargain, when the new fox deal is made everyone will understand why the ufc did what they did. And in the end it will be great for all MMA fans.
9/12/13 6:57 PM
BRZ

I still say its because they are on FS1 not because of the coaches or women fighters. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 7:05 PM
AndersonSilvasMoney
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, it's definitely headed in a positive direction. Last night's fight was great. Let the viewership for FS1 settle in, more people become aware of where TUF is at, and it should be okay. Phone Post
9/12/13 7:08 PM
ChaosOverkill
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator Fan - Looks like MMALOGIC has another screen name... Phone Post 3.0

They're ignoring you and it's driving you nuts isn't it?

9/12/13 7:56 PM
TopGrinder

I'm still waiting on the UFC shill to post season after season TUF numbers Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 8:51 PM
BrattMamley
1328 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fox has got to be excited. Obviously the numbers will continue to grow. So many of my friends still don't know FS1 even exists. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.