UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pro MMA Fighter or Boxer You'd Love To Fight

9/17/13 3:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
wiggum
276 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to enter a thread that naturally attracts a lot of pretty delusional or silly answers and give my serious answer:

I would love to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. in an MMA fight. I would want to do it for the experience and the case study.

I was a good but not great Division I college wrestler. Since then, I've been able to train consistently with some world class fighters and BJJ guys. I came really close to placing at worlds for BJJ and my standup isn't awful. I flirted pretty seriously with the idea of fighting professionally and if I did, I would have been in the top 100 in my weight class in by my first fight (I say that based off of extensive training experience. Take it however you will).

Within a year, I think I could have been top 50 in my weight class and within 2-3 years, I would have probably been at the UFC level.

If I fought Floyd, my strategy would be pretty simple. Takedown, position, submit.

I would love to see what would happen. I think I'd win - I can't imagine he'd knock me out before I grab a hold of him; and once I grab a hold of him, he's a lion swimming with the sharks. But I could be wrong.

Regardless, it'd be a pretty clean case study.
9/17/13 4:25 AM
boxing wiz
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I used to want to box Butterbean in a four round fight. It was a huge desire I had, I honestly think I could have beaten him. There isn't anyone now I would even think of fighting. I can barley shadow box without hurting something.
9/19/13 1:19 AM
InTheWeedz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ian McCall, Bryan Carraway, Paulie Malignaggi & GSP... I'd win all the above fights.. Phone Post
9/19/13 1:45 AM
AllAmericanBoxing
181 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

boxing wiz - I used to want to box Butterbean in a four round fight. It was a huge desire I had, I honestly think I could have beaten him. There isn't anyone now I would even think of fighting. I can barley shadow box without hurting something.
He's still fighting. Make it happen! Phone Post
9/19/13 1:55 AM
ArmandoEltoro

AllAmericanBoxing -
boxing wiz - I used to want to box Butterbean in a four round fight. It was a huge desire I had, I honestly think I could have beaten him. There isn't anyone now I would even think of fighting. I can barley shadow box without hurting something.
He's still fighting. Make it happen! Phone Post
Sign the contract big guy! signnnnn the contract Phone Post 3.0
9/19/13 1:47 PM
boxing wiz
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/19/13 1:47 PM
My old fat and broken down body is lucky to stand up straight for more than an hour without my back killing me and needing a couple percocets and felxirils. And the Beans big ass weighs so much now he can barely move. I guess after we catch our breath from walking into the ring, we could stare at each other and see who either blinks or farts first.
9/19/13 2:32 PM
buvaiser

Thiago silva. I don't like his scowl.
9/19/13 2:36 PM
MOAOZINHO

Gina Carrano!
9/19/13 3:24 PM
YoungGunABKJ
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

none they are pro's, i am not :)
9/19/13 5:25 PM
InTheWeedz

Allen Hood - I wanna fight you in the weeds Phone Post 3.0
Where you at? Atlanta? Let's do it! Phone Post
9/19/13 6:09 PM
chris curry
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always wanted to kick the shit out of Bisping. He's a bit littler then me so it kinda 3wouldn't be fair to him

9/19/13 6:35 PM
GnP Sonnen

I'd like to train with sonnen
I'd fight tate and lose by triangle Phone Post
9/19/13 8:36 PM
NastyNate420
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cole Konrad... oh, wait?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.