UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 2013 Pumpkin Carving Contest!

10/29/13 1:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rhoadspga
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu -
rhoadspga - First off, it was a joke didn't realize the pumpkin contest was a no-jokes-allowed thread. And on top of that to say someone is only allowed to criticize if they make one?!?! If that we're the case, the UG would be nothing but green names.

Lastly, I'd be willing to bet whoever did that Tate one would admit that the face (esp nose) isn't his/her best work!! Phone Post 3.0

I much rather point out qualities rather than flaws. If a person can;t find something nice or positive to say it is often best to not say anything at all.

When I look at all these pumpkins I see creativity, talent and courage. 

When I look at a comment like the one above I see envy, regret and shame. 

If I were you I'd get my vision checked then, chief.

And just so I understand this completely, let me spell out exactly what you're saying here.... Any entry into the pumpkin carving contest of 2013 on the UG is above reproach and criticism. If anyone happens to notice and point out a flaw, they are actually envious, hateful, shameful people. Evidently you really take your pumpkin carving seriously!!

You may notice that the Mona Lisa has a strange smile, that Edvard Munch painted odd-looking people, or that Van Gogh wasn't great at shadows - but DON'T YOU DARE BADMOUTH A PUMPKIN ON THIS THREAD!!!

Does that pretty much sum it up? Phone Post 3.0
10/29/13 2:18 PM
DevilsAdvocate
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rhoadspga - First off, it was a joke didn't realize the pumpkin contest was a no-jokes-allowed thread. And on top of that to say someone is only allowed to criticize if they make one?!?! If that we're the case, the UG would be nothing but green names.

Lastly, I'd be willing to bet whoever did that Tate one would admit that the face (esp nose) isn't his/her best work!! Phone Post 3.0
You've received the attention now gtfo. Phone Post
10/29/13 2:42 PM
Col Angus
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to go punt my wall-eyed, one-toothed jack-o-lantern across the yard.
10/30/13 1:49 AM
CYBERDYNE
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good work Isis. Phone Post
10/30/13 1:52 AM
itswhitty
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dear god, these are ALL incredible!  I can't believe that I'm able to recognize every single face -- I would be really proud of myself if you could tell that it was human, but the level of nuance in these is amazing.  Several of them look like they're popping out of the pumpkin once they're lit, especially the Rogan portrait.  I have nothing bad to say about any of these -- sure, if you're negative enough you can find a flaw in anything, but for every one that you might find there are a dozen things that are just beyond impressive.

Great work everyone!  I didn't know what to expect and I figured a lot of these would be cringe inducing, but damn...  I was wrong.

10/30/13 8:13 AM
Letibleu
1613 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IsisEvil - 

Ok, so here's mine! This was my first time ever doing an actual persons pic instead of a silly pic for the kiddos! Be gentle, lol.

I did Cain first and he didn't turn out as well as I hoped, but oh well:

Wow, really awesome!

10/30/13 10:38 AM
Son of Neckbone
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Letibleu - 
IsisEvil - 

Ok, so here's mine! This was my first time ever doing an actual persons pic instead of a silly pic for the kiddos! Be gentle, lol.

I did Cain first and he didn't turn out as well as I hoped, but oh well:

Wow, really awesome!

Kirk and Dr Spock? I thought these had to be mma related?

j/k. These are awesome. The JDS post beating would have been a good before and after.
10/30/13 1:47 PM
KidPittsburgh
855 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the JDS one is really solid.
10/30/13 2:39 PM
fakezaga
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anyone who thinks pumpkin carvings are above criticism didn't see the reaction to my award-winning Hendo-Lantern last year.

xoxox i love the UG. Fuck the UG.
10/30/13 3:15 PM
DevilsAdvocate
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fakezaga - Anyone who thinks pumpkin carvings are above criticism didn't see the reaction to my award-winning Hendo-Lantern last year.

We didn't criticize your entry. We were pissed that you won because it wasn't deserved. Phone Post
10/30/13 3:31 PM
fakezaga
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DevilsAdvocate - 
fakezaga - Anyone who thinks pumpkin carvings are above criticism didn't see the reaction to my award-winning Hendo-Lantern last year.

We didn't criticize your entry. We were pissed that you won because it wasn't deserved. Phone Post

LOL

Anyways, this year it is by facebook voting which should be more democratic or something.

I am going to enter again because it is fun.
10/30/13 7:14 PM
WhiskeyAGoGoPlata
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know it is a dumb question, but I wanted to verify that the deadline is Midnight tonight, right?

10/30/13 7:21 PM
ranier wolfcastle
843 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it just dawned on me that youd probably win if u carved meisha tate naked, and exagerated her boobs

10/30/13 9:33 PM
fakezaga

Bluenamer, please?

Last year, I went for the classic jack-o-lantern style. This year I thought I'd try something different. I hope you folks recognize my "Talent."

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/theferguson/photo-13_zps1e65d86b.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/theferguson/photo-14_zps8c0d6322.jpg
10/30/13 10:43 PM
DevilsAdvocate

Who is that? Phone Post
10/30/13 11:50 PM
Knuckle Punch
326 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aarrrrggg screw you guys lol
Just carved my daughters pumpkin for school parade tommorrow and was feeling pretty good....

Then I came in here and now i feel like im a special needs pumpkin carver Phone Post
10/31/13 1:28 AM
DevilsAdvocate

Is a blue going to post homies pic or what? Phone Post
10/31/13 1:44 AM
mikerobmma
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lmao, the infamous Alan Belcher "Johnny Cash" tattoo. Brilliant. Phone Post 3.0
10/31/13 3:40 AM
DevilsAdvocate

Wtf? Phone Post
10/31/13 6:19 AM
fakezaga

mikerobmma - Lmao, the infamous Alan Belcher "Johnny Cash" tattoo. Brilliant. Phone Post 3.0

PHEW! I was worried it looked too much like Johnny Cash!

I was unclear if the deadline was last night or tonight. If the contest is still going, I still might try another.
10/31/13 10:09 AM
Barbasol OOTFFTT
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fakezaga - 
mikerobmma - Lmao, the infamous Alan Belcher "Johnny Cash" tattoo. Brilliant. Phone Post 3.0

PHEW! I was worried it looked too much like Johnny Cash!

I was unclear if the deadline was last night or tonight. If the contest is still going, I still might try another.

That is Awesome Fakezaga.  At the very least you should get something sent you signed by Belcher

10/31/13 10:58 AM
fakezaga

^ I think getting signed articles for pumpkin carvers was bad news in the past.

Anyways, terrific entries this year all round and happy to participate! Could we get confirmation from Chris as to whether the competition is now closed?
10/31/13 12:17 PM
Chael Sonnen Money

Older black folk don't approve Phone Post
10/31/13 12:17 PM
Chael Sonnen Money

Chael Sonnen Money - Older black folk don't approve Phone Post
Wrong thread Phone Post
10/31/13 1:04 PM
OnAHigherLevel
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fakezaga - ^ I think getting signed articles for pumpkin carvers was bad news in the past.

Anyways, terrific entries this year all round and happy to participate! Could we get confirmation from Chris as to whether the competition is now closed?

It says Oct 31st 12:00 eastern time. So that's about 11 hours left.

Reply Post

This thread has been frozen.