UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares DENIED SOTN Bonus! Unsportsmanlike Conduc

10/10/13 12:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

THe commission, the executives and Dana all thought it was long. Argue with them, they are the ones who are gonna decide your fighter's fate.

10/10/13 12:01 AM
kingjames100
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 
kingjames100 - Didn't look that bad to me.

Ref dives at you while fighter is swining his arm in pain, and you hold it for 2 more seconds really? No that bad eh?

Not at all.
10/10/13 12:02 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He reminds me of Tommy DeVito in Goodfellas.
10/10/13 12:04 AM
ChaosOverkill
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kingjames100 - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Ref dives at you while fighter is swining his arm in pain, and you hold it for 2 more seconds really? No that bad eh?

Not at all.

Then you gotta convince Dana, the COmmission and the Executives that wacthed it. They thought it was enough to pull his bonus and investigat, good luck with that

10/10/13 12:05 AM
mike hammer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It takes the ref 2 seconds to get there with Mike tapping hard and screaming in agony 2 seconds for him to let go with the ref lying on top of them trying to separate him off of Mike. 4 seconds is a very long time for having your knee getting cranked in the wrong direction. Let's see if his knee was injured or not we probably won't know for a day or 2 but there could easily be some tendon damage.
10/10/13 12:08 AM
Toquinho
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although i am a big fan of him i do think he has no bad intentions but has some psychological/mental issues. I hope alex davis or ufc can convince him and hook him up with someone that can help this guy. He has too much potential and many fans to go ti waste. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 12:10 AM
john joe
395 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
ChaosOverkill - 

Full speed no clock, I can count two second, when the ref's head hit's hios legs, he's holding it two seconds longer.

Enough trolling

I've defended palhares repeatedly in previous instances but enough is enough; He's done this too many times now. I support the UFCs decision in this one
kingjames100
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 
kingjames100 - 
ChaosOverkill - 

Not at all.

Then you gotta convince Dana, the COmmission and the Executives that wacthed it. They thought it was enough to pull his bonus and investigat, good luck with that

k
mike hammer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Submission of the Night

There was one submission at UFC Fight Night 29, and it was brutal.

Former middleweight Rousimar Palhares debuted at welterweight against Mike Pierce, and he went to work quickly.

In Round 1, Palhares secured a disgusting heel hook that left Pierce writhing in pain, tapping frantically for the referee to halt the contest.

Pierce tapped. And he tapped.

The referee intervened.

Pierce continued to tap.

Palhares would not let go of the submission, something that has earned him a suspension in the past.

After eight (I counted) taps from Pierce, including three after the referee was clearly trying to break up the fight, Palhares released his hold.

That is inexcusable—a point recognized by the UFC, as they denied Palhares his post-fight bonus.

For being a poor sport, Mr. Palhares, you lose out on $50,000.

Maybe you should just be a decent person next time.

Root12
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow... the UG has gone full retard today. Phone Post
10/10/13 12:17 AM
MrFluffyHippo
1467 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

Full speed no clock, I can count two second, when the ref's head hit's hios legs, he's holding it two seconds longer.

Enough trolling

Looks like he cranks harder when ref jumps in to me. Or his knee starts to bend more. When you have a lock in that deep you should know that the ref will be coming in. I don't believe anyone's reaction time could be that slow and be good in MMA. I would have to say its intentional. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 12:18 AM
supercan
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For anyone defending Paulhares, I question first your BJJ credentials, and second whether or not you have ever been on the receiving end of a fully locked in heel hook. I promise uoh the difference between thinking you're OK, and your knee being form to shreds is minuscule.

Me, my BJJ training partners, and a high level purple belt who trains with us and whose specialty is leg locks and heel hooks ALL noticed right away the extra crank. Phone Post
10/10/13 12:20 AM
BuddyRevell
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad they can't take his show money, too.

10/10/13 12:21 AM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good.

Cindy

BKViper
444 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where the hell did my reply go?
I was on the first page, but now it's gone.
Mod fuckery afoot?

All I said was Palhares and anyone who does that is a scum bag and deserves to be fined or cut. It's as unacceptable as punching someone after the bell or the ref stops the fight. Phone Post 3.0
Matrixkick
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mike hammer - Submission of the Night

There was one submission at UFC Fight Night 29, and it was brutal.

Former middleweight Rousimar Palhares debuted at welterweight against Mike Pierce, and he went to work quickly.

In Round 1, Palhares secured a disgusting heel hook that left Pierce writhing in pain, tapping frantically for the referee to halt the contest.

Pierce tapped. And he tapped.

The referee intervened.

Pierce continued to tap.

Palhares would not let go of the submission, something that has earned him a suspension in the past.

After eight (I counted) taps from Pierce, including three after the referee was clearly trying to break up the fight, Palhares released his hold.

That is inexcusable—a point recognized by the UFC, as they denied Palhares his post-fight bonus.

For being a poor sport, Mr. Palhares, you lose out on $50,000.

Maybe you should just be a decent person next time.

Bleacher report? Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 12:22 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

MMALOGIC -

That's bullshit because the ref didnt even pull palhares off.  The ref didnt signal the end of the fight to palhares... If you rewatch it the ref only grabs mike pierce (and mikes leg).

Palhares had no way of knowing the fight was over.  You dont stop to taps... you dont stop until the ref pulls you off or motions you off.

Lol at that fucking retard filled drivel.. Did you actually watch the fight?? And not like this is a fucking first time occurance.. Paul harris is a blight and will ruin someone's career. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 12:27 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -
ChaosOverkill -

Watch the clock when the ref makes it clear to Paulharris that the fight is over. It is not two full seconds. Not even close.

You probably watching a slo mo gif. Phone Post
I watched it live you fucking dick and paul harris held the sub and cranked it more as the ref was on them trying to separate them. You and zuffalogic need to actually watch the fights you both vomit your shit out about. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 12:31 AM
EBD75
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree 100% with the bonus being withheld, and wouldn't be opposed to him being banned from the UFC for good. Phone Post
10/10/13 12:44 AM
ChaosOverkill

Reed Rothchild - 
MMALOGIC -

That's bullshit because the ref didnt even pull palhares off.  The ref didnt signal the end of the fight to palhares... If you rewatch it the ref only grabs mike pierce (and mikes leg).

Palhares had no way of knowing the fight was over.  You dont stop to taps... you dont stop until the ref pulls you off or motions you off.

I totally agree.. Paul Harris looks like a guy who just gets into his work... MMA fans are just a bunch of cry babies now a days, IMHO Phone Post 3.0

I'm shocked you have the opposite opinion to 99% of people in this. Shocked

10/10/13 12:44 AM
eljamaiquino

Guys are trying to give each other concussions and permanent brain damage. But a slight delay letting go of a sub, and people are up in arms?
10/10/13 12:46 AM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shaqitup -
MMALOGIC - 

are you an idiot?

Pierce tapped multiple times and the ref was laying on them.

There's a big different between snapping a guys knee, and choking a dude out, and even breaking their arm.

The answer to your first question is yes. He is an idiot. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 12:48 AM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 10/10/13 12:50 AM
eljamaiquino - Guys are trying to give each other concussions and permanent brain damage. But a slight delay letting go of a sub, and people are up in arms?

Really, the point of fight vs the agreed upon way to end a fight and generally agreed upon ways a fight and sub ends since the beginning of competitive sub fighting is all the same to you?

A guy taps, SO HE DOESN'T SUFFER DAMAGE, he assumes the risks punches deliver, that's the sport always has been. There's is no rule except in demented bro philosophy that all resulting injuries are fair game and acceptable no matter how they happen.

Head trauma is a part of comabt sports, broken limbs, going asleep and torn knees ARE OPTIONAL RESULTS AND UP TO THE LOSING FIGHTER NOT THE WINNING ONE.

10/10/13 12:49 AM
Dr_CoolGuy_MA

Fuck Paul Harris. I wanna see him get Paul Harrised and have his career effected for the rest of his life. Its bullshit.
10/10/13 12:52 AM
OMC 6000
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -
ChaosOverkill -

Watch the clock when the ref makes it clear to Paulharris that the fight is over. It is not two full seconds. Not even close.

You probably watching a slo mo gif. Phone Post
I watched it live you fucking dick and paul harris held the sub and cranked it more as the ref was on them trying to separate them. You and zuffalogic need to actually watch the fights you both vomit your shit out about. Phone Post 3.0
Jesus man, you're frothing at the mouth. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.