UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares DENIED SOTN Bonus! Unsportsmanlike Conduc

10/10/13 12:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

Full speed no clock, I can count two second, when the ref's head hit's hios legs, he's holding it two seconds longer.

Enough trolling

Palhares absolutely deserved punishment for this. Pierce is tapping right on his leg and the ref jumps in immediately after. There's no reason to still be cranking a sub when the ref is touching you at that point.
10/10/13 12:56 AM
jimbonice
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't let go because of taps. The ref stops the fight, and he didn't. Phone Post
10/10/13 12:59 AM
ChaosOverkill
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OMC 6000 - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -
ChaosOverkill -
kingjames100 - Didn't look that bad to me.

Ref dives at you while fighter is swining his arm in pain, and you hold it for 2 more seconds really? No that bad eh?

Watch the clock when the ref makes it clear to Paulharris that the fight is over. It is not two full seconds. Not even close.

You probably watching a slo mo gif. Phone Post
I watched it live you fucking dick and paul harris held the sub and cranked it more as the ref was on them trying to separate them. You and zuffalogic need to actually watch the fights you both vomit your shit out about. Phone Post 3.0
Jesus man, you're frothing at the mouth. Phone Post 3.0

Oh no he's mad at the idiots who push just bleed into tapping is a subjective end to a fight.

Damn right he's mad, so am I and the rest of the people that think this is a disgraceful thing to troll or excuse.

10/10/13 1:03 AM
deadlyonetwo3
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I feel that we're punishing him a bit for past transgressions... I didn't feel this was very unsportsmanlike, unlike some others he's held lol. He released the submission pretty promptly as the ref stepped in. That said, it wasn't immediate and with his history, you're going to have that microscope on you. Can't say I blame the UFC for coming down on him.

Still, I think we're really as upset as most are because of his past history this time. I can see both sides, though. Phone Post
10/10/13 1:05 AM
da Vinci 81
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jimbonice - You don't let go because of taps. The ref stops the fight, and he didn't. Phone Post
Lol, what do you think the ref was trying to do?

Was palhares thinking "hmm, I have a sub cranked in, mike is tapping on my thigh, and the ref is suddenly on top of me pulling at his leg...I wonder what he wants??" Phone Post 3.0
ChaosOverkill
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

deadlyonetwo3 -  I feel that we're punishing him a bit for past transgressions... I didn't feel this was very unsportsmanlike, unlike some others he's held lol. He released the submission pretty promptly as the ref stepped in. That said, it wasn't immediate and with his history, you're going to have that microscope on you. Can't say I blame the UFC for coming down on him.

Still, I think we're really as upset as most are because of his past history this time. I can see both sides, though. Phone Post

Nope gif shows he held it after the ref dove it you're wrong 

MMAforMONEY

Here's the video from FOX, shows more than the GIF...

http://youtu.be/qsblWuiwMGY

It takes Paul Harris roughly 4 seconds to let go from Pierce's first tap. 0:32 of video to 0:36. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 1:09 AM
Brian Rule
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Props to UFC for taking a stand with this. Anyone arguing on behalf of Palhares is either trolling, an idiot, or virgin to training (let alone fighting).

Yes the ref should have peeled off Paul's hands first but there's still no excuse for him cranking further. ANY time the ref intervenes you are to stop, nevermind the fact the Pierce could not be tapping more obviously.

Fuck Paul Harris, what a waste of talent
10/10/13 1:12 AM
digthisbigcrux
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/10/13 1:13 AM

fine(d) with it

10/10/13 1:13 AM
swedsteve
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hes been known to hold subs longer than needed. I can only think of one or 2 who havent been grasping their leg in pain after he gets a hold.
Kinda glad. Further legs of said submissions are also glad. (If he becomes more "sportsman-like") Phone Post
10/10/13 1:14 AM
catgobling

ChaosOverkill - 

Full speed no clock, I can count two second, when the ref's head hit's hios legs, he's holding it two seconds longer.

Enough trolling

it looks like the ref only makes it worse, what the hell was that?
10/10/13 1:15 AM
SZRoll

MMALOGIC - 

That's bullshit because the ref didnt even pull palhares off.  The ref didnt signal the end of the fight to palhares... If you rewatch it the ref only grabs mike pierce (and mikes leg).

Palhares had no way of knowing the fight was over.  You dont stop to taps... you dont stop until the ref pulls you off or motions you off.

This is actually the most logical strategy right now. And thats the problem. And to fix this problem they need to institute instant replay and HEAVY punishments for people who tap and then act like they didn't.
10/10/13 1:17 AM
FighterZ
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Excellent decision by the UFC
10/10/13 1:18 AM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

ChaosOverkill -
OMC 6000 - 
BTT-RyannVonDoom -
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman -
ChaosOverkill -
kingjames100 - Didn't look that bad to me.

Ref dives at you while fighter is swining his arm in pain, and you hold it for 2 more seconds really? No that bad eh?

Watch the clock when the ref makes it clear to Paulharris that the fight is over. It is not two full seconds. Not even close.

You probably watching a slo mo gif. Phone Post
I watched it live you fucking dick and paul harris held the sub and cranked it more as the ref was on them trying to separate them. You and zuffalogic need to actually watch the fights you both vomit your shit out about. Phone Post 3.0
Jesus man, you're frothing at the mouth. Phone Post 3.0

Oh no he's mad at the idiots who push just bleed into tapping is a subjective end to a fight.

Damn right he's mad, so am I and the rest of the people that think this is a disgraceful thing to troll or excuse.

This. Add in that someone's career could end because of his bullshit? Fuck that. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 1:21 AM
Gfropr

Paul Harris vs. Lombard I I at WW please! I know it won't happen but I wanna see him get knocked out again. Phone Post
10/10/13 1:21 AM
UGCTT_Fillthy
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/10/13 1:22 AM

There was no way you could mistake the guy screaming in pain and tapping emphatically for a 'Brazilian tap'.

There was no reason for Pallares to throw in an extra crank while the ref was laying on top of him trying to break the hold.  He does this crap for intimidation purposes, and then plays retard when he gets called on it.

Fuck him.  Cut him.  I hope his weight class is taking notice and he tastes a little in-ring justice the next time he's on the receiving end of a KO or submission.  He's a disgrace to MMA and grappling.

10/10/13 1:27 AM
BLPorritt
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this is no different that the Babalu/David Heath fight where Babalu held the choke and the ref had to damn near fight him to get him to let go. immediately cut from UFC, as should this asshole.

10/10/13 1:29 AM
subd
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/10/13 1:29 AM
Lot of people lost money tonight thinking Rousimar had nothing left after his weight cut. <br /><br />True he held on a second or 2 too long but it not nearly as bad as some of you are making it sound.
10/10/13 1:32 AM
ChaosOverkill

Because there's so much confusion:

Credit to MTH for posting this in a different thread

Unified Rule 17(A)(i).  http://www.ufc.com/discover/sport/rules-and-regulations?redirect=no#17

Contest Results include a "Submission by:" "Physical Tap Out."  Not to be confused with Rule 17(B)(i), which permits a "TKO" "when Referee stops the contest."

It became the ref because of fake tappers abusing the rule and nature of sportsmanship to win at any cost. To hold a sub past the ref intervening is purely to leave lasting damage
10/10/13 1:47 AM
UGCTT_buchu8oolong
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 1:52 AM
ChicagoTom
337 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought he held it a little too long but pierce quickly taps Paul's leg before ref jumps in and pierce taps really hard on the ref. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 1:59 AM
ChaosOverkill

ChicagoTom - I thought he held it a little too long but pierce quickly taps Paul's leg before ref jumps in and pierce taps really hard on the ref. Phone Post 3.0

Doesn't matter where he taps the second time, now the ref is on Palhares after Pierce has tapped. He could have tapped on his own cock, it wouldn't matter the Ref diving in mean't "STOP TREETRUNK NOW"

10/10/13 2:03 AM
Wasa-B
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet long gif.

Not good but not as bad as people are making it seeem from the gif speed.
10/10/13 2:06 AM
ChaosOverkill

Wasa-B - Sweet long gif.

Not good but not as bad as people are making it seeem from the gif speed.

anyone else and it passes with a warning, Palhares gets the repeat offender treatment with reason now

10/10/13 2:09 AM
xXJayRobXx
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a dick move. And it's not the first time, I hope he gets his. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.