UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares DENIED SOTN Bonus! Unsportsmanlike Conduc

10/10/13 2:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MattyECB
210 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC - 

That's bullshit because the ref didnt even pull palhares off.  The ref didnt signal the end of the fight to palhares... If you rewatch it the ref only grabs mike pierce (and mikes leg).

Palhares had no way of knowing the fight was over.  You dont stop to taps... you dont stop until the ref pulls you off or motions you off.

Ya, I mean it's not like Paul Harris has a history of doing this shit and getting in trouble for going ape-mode...
10/10/13 2:15 AM
MojoJojo
407 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disgusting simpleton behavior. Punishment is definitely in place.
10/10/13 2:26 AM
ChaosOverkill
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/10/13 2:28 AM
AlexanderTheGOAT - LOL @ the retards saying he didn't hold it too long. He did of course. When talking about how long it takes for someone to let go when a ref dives in, it is appropriate to use an OBJECTIVE standard not a SUBJECTIVE one. When looking for relevance we can simply look at the standard of conduct most fighters use and what is expected of a reasonable person in the same situation. Paul Harris failed to meet that standard, again. Almost no other fighter has ever been seen to hold a knee/ankle shredding sub for 2 seconds after a ref is there to stop it. Put your emotions to bed, use analytical skills. This one is easy. His conduct was egregious and deserves punishment. /thread Phone Post 3.0

This, in fact look at Mir/Nog 2. He said after he was waiting for Nog to tap and knew if he had let go Nog would have honoured it. This handful of fake tappers have polluted the fact that Palhares is for some reason unlike any other guy short of Babalu with his subs,

If guys left and right were holding subs slightly late this wouldn't stand out, The fact is 99.99999999% of guys let go when the ref is anywhere near them during or after a tap these days. Royce and early MMA guys got away with it because no one was scrutinizing the results and there were no referees with precise training, half the time they were lucky to save someone's bone or ligament.

10/10/13 2:33 AM
tunaburn
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for me its not how long he held it. its that after he saw the ref and knew it was over he gives it one last hard crank. douche bag.
10/10/13 2:39 AM
chalice
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think it wouldn't have seemed nearly as bad if the ref had calmly gotten palhares attention by touching his hands/arms instead of careening off balance around a corner and sliding into pierce and the fence.
10/10/13 2:40 AM
BLPorritt
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wicked smahtMF - 
Reed Rothchild - 
da Vinci 81 -
ChaosOverkill - 

Full speed no clock, I can count two second, when the ref's head hit's hios legs, he's holding it two seconds longer.

Enough trolling

Palhares absolutely deserved punishment for this. Pierce is tapping right on his leg and the ref jumps in immediately after. There's no reason to still be cranking a sub when the ref is touching you at that point.
Damn that ref did a shitty job... He sould have grabbed Paul Harris arms at first.. Not burying his face into his junk Phone Post 3.0

are you fucking serious he deliberately attempted to destroy Pierces knee right there and i wouldnt be surprised if he succedded. he looks at the ref flying over his lap and jerks as hard as he can real quick before letting go. anyone who says otherwise has either zero knowledge of this guys history or zero brains. maaayyybe i could see if this was the first. if youve followed the sport for any significant length of time you know this kid is a fucking bully. plain and simple. the job he did on LI's padwon learner there, his name for some reason escapes me, that was prob the worst and he did destroy that knee. the consequence of which is likely the surgery thats fucked Cruz over for 2 years now. just ridiculous

i like you . vtfu

10/10/13 2:41 AM
john joe
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial
BOZY -  He seems like he has a touch of special education inside that head of his. He has moments where it looks like nobody is home. He should be fined and suspended for a year imo. Phone Post

he actually does look like he's in his special place there; you know that look you get when you're stoned or you just bust a nut, that faraway vibe? he has that going on right before he looses the sub
10/10/13 2:43 AM
ChaosOverkill
736 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10/10/13 2:43 AM
john joe - 
BOZY -  He seems like he has a touch of special education inside that head of his. He has moments where it looks like nobody is home. He should be fined and suspended for a year imo. Phone Post

he actually does look like he's in his special place there; you know that look you get when you're stoned or you just bust a nut, that faraway vibe? he has that going on right before he looses the sub

LOL Vinegar stroke sub zone

10/10/13 2:44 AM
Donny_Kerabatsos

Synado - As soon as he saw the ref he let go. People just want to hate this guy.

are you joking? the ref was ON TOP of them both and he still cranked... he even tried to recrank after he let off...everyone who knows anything knows that this guy is dirty

10/10/13 2:58 AM
Yun
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

let's see... if I were Paul Harris, why wouldn't I want to let go after I noticed Pierce tapping with Pain in his face?   

10/10/13 3:08 AM
Yun
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/10/13 3:09 AM
HiHu

What a moron Palhares is.. seriously this guy shouldn't even be in the ufc.. steroids.. holding submissions after tapouts.. what a douchebag
10/10/13 3:11 AM
hiptosser

Nothing wrong with that. That wasn't the stickiest sub ever.

UFC should either ban heel hooks all together or quit fucking crying about Palhares.

10/10/13 3:12 AM
ChaosOverkill

hiptosser - 

Nothing wrong with that. That wasn't the stickiest sub ever.

UFC should either ban heel hooks all together or quit fucking crying about Palhares.

DERP

10/10/13 3:52 AM
jacktripper

I think he should be cut

He's an amazing martial artist but he's trying to end a career or two just to intimidate and get an edge in future opponents Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 4:06 AM
dbeedy
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 4:14 AM
Pompei
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good move by the UFC. What a dickhead. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 4:30 AM
ender852
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't think it looked bad, the ref should a grabbed palhares and not the victim of the sub. Seems more like bad reffing to me Phone Post
10/10/13 4:43 AM
BobSherob
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How the fuck is he a welterweight? Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 4:47 AM
MrAntichrist
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not on board with this. Palhares had an issue in the past with premature celebration, and I'm sure that's always in the back of his mind when he steps in the octagon. Not to mention it looked like he was in very rough shape from the cut yesterday, I'm sure he just wanted that fight to be over with, and he wasn't letting anything stand in the way of that. And Pierce looked just fine afterward. It was an awesome submission and deserved the bonus Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 5:04 AM
JosselEmin

MrAntichrist - I'm not on board with this. Palhares had an issue in the past with premature celebration, and I'm sure that's always in the back of his mind when he steps in the octagon. Not to mention it looked like he was in very rough shape from the cut yesterday, I'm sure he just wanted that fight to be over with, and he wasn't letting anything stand in the way of that. And Pierce looked just fine afterward. It was an awesome submission and deserved the bonus Phone Post 3.0
This, plus disrespecting a opponent before the fight is never good.

I guarantee you Pierce won't talk shit in his next fight. Phone Post
10/10/13 5:23 AM
elcornjr
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JosselEmin -
MrAntichrist - I'm not on board with this. Palhares had an issue in the past with premature celebration, and I'm sure that's always in the back of his mind when he steps in the octagon. Not to mention it looked like he was in very rough shape from the cut yesterday, I'm sure he just wanted that fight to be over with, and he wasn't letting anything stand in the way of that. And Pierce looked just fine afterward. It was an awesome submission and deserved the bonus Phone Post 3.0

Check out these two morons. Pierce didn't disrespect paul Harris, he just pointed out the fact that Paul Harris is a proven cheat. If that's what made Harris hold on too long then what a fucking baby.

Early celebrations, hard weight cuts and an opponent talking a bit of smack is no excuse to attempt to end his career. GTFO! Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 5:28 AM
Frames4Life

CaptainWoody - I missed the fight...but from that gif I see absolutely nothing wrong

Am I missing something?
lol this.

People are foaming at the mouth over nothing. Phone Post
10/10/13 5:28 AM
Rookie Fighter

ChaosOverkill -

Full speed no clock, I can count two second, when the ref's head hit's hios legs, he's holding it two seconds longer.

Enough trolling

Who in the fuck is pretending the didn't hold?! Stop the fucking trolling! The ref is trying to separate paul Harris with his god damn head! Stop it. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 6:18 AM
JosselEmin

elcornjr -
JosselEmin -

Check out these two morons. Pierce didn't disrespect paul Harris, he just pointed out the fact that Paul Harris is a proven cheat. If that's what made Harris hold on too long then what a fucking baby.

Early celebrations, hard weight cuts and an opponent talking a bit of smack is no excuse to attempt to end his career. GTFO! Phone Post 3.0
FYI I'd enjoy watching him scream.

LMAO. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.