UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Palhares DENIED SOTN Bonus! Unsportsmanlike Conduc

10/10/13 5:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rookie Fighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

Full speed no clock, I can count two second, when the ref's head hit's hios legs, he's holding it two seconds longer.

Enough trolling

Who in the fuck is pretending the didn't hold?! Stop the fucking trolling! The ref is trying to separate paul Harris with his god damn head! Stop it. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 6:18 AM
JosselEmin

elcornjr -
JosselEmin -
MrAntichrist - I'm not on board with this. Palhares had an issue in the past with premature celebration, and I'm sure that's always in the back of his mind when he steps in the octagon. Not to mention it looked like he was in very rough shape from the cut yesterday, I'm sure he just wanted that fight to be over with, and he wasn't letting anything stand in the way of that. And Pierce looked just fine afterward. It was an awesome submission and deserved the bonus Phone Post 3.0
This, plus disrespecting a opponent before the fight is never good.

I guarantee you Pierce won't talk shit in his next fight. Phone Post
Check out these two morons. Pierce didn't disrespect paul Harris, he just pointed out the fact that Paul Harris is a proven cheat. If that's what made Harris hold on too long then what a fucking baby.

Early celebrations, hard weight cuts and an opponent talking a bit of smack is no excuse to attempt to end his career. GTFO! Phone Post 3.0
FYI I'd enjoy watching him scream.

LMAO. Phone Post
10/10/13 6:58 AM
shugerrush

CaptainWoody - I missed the fight...but from that gif I see absolutely nothing wrong

Am I missing something?
Same Phone Post
10/10/13 7:04 AM
RockTheVote
509 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dude he didnt hold the sub, he cranked it even further. you torque that heel and when you feel the tap you stop right there until the ref jumps in. he held on and then cranked even further. fuck this guy. follow the rules shitbag.

10/10/13 7:09 AM
Tehuna4president

Palhares somehow loses his mind whenever he steps in the cage and goes full on primal. That needs to be adressed by a licenced psychiatrist..

Apart from all that, I believe the ref didn't get enough credit for jumping in reckless like that. Sure he is just doing his job but, still.. Straight A+ reffing. Give credit where credit is due. Phone Post
10/10/13 7:29 AM
MMAfan1million

Paul Harris is dumb as a tree stump. They should give his rightfully withheld bonus to Pierce as compensation. What a dumb douche. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 7:46 AM
CaptChaos
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They said they did not give him the bonus cause he held the sub too long after the tap and after the ref jumped in. A fighter does not NOR should not stop when his opponent taps. When the ref steps in YES stop immediately but until then you can only screw yourself if the ref misses the tap and the guy tapping plays games.

With that said ref Peterson (who is 1 of the best) jumped in and Palhares still cranked.
10/10/13 7:49 AM
Sukulaku

While it doesn't seem like he's a bad guy or that he's doing that on purpose, this kind of behaviour should be addressed by the UFC so I think this measure is appropriate.
10/10/13 7:51 AM
MarcVanBas

Edited: 10/10/13 7:52 AM
During his UFC fights, how many knees has he actually "destroyed" and how many careers has he actually ended?
10/10/13 7:58 AM
Tatami Strangler
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quick way to blow $50K Phone Post
10/10/13 8:05 AM
TryhardNobody
456 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So glad he's getting punished for that. He is apparently gona keep doing it forever until he gets suspended or cut.
10/10/13 8:05 AM
scottbut
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big Paul fan here.

It's not his worst behaviour regarding holding on after the tap, but his past has to be taken into consideration. Maybe this will teach him a much needed lesson.

Look Mir v Brock 1to see how to get the tap like a boss. Turn it on just enough to get the tap, look at the ref for the signal the fight is over, nod in agreement. Phone Post 3.0
10/10/13 8:17 AM
JustPeed
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is an extra crank once the ref is trying to break it up Phone Post
10/10/13 8:18 AM
thestaton

can't wait until Paul Harris is training and feel his acl rip. What a douche.
10/10/13 8:19 AM
Charles T Rose
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

somebody gonna get tired of this shit and pull a Tonya Harding style hit on his knee cap.
10/10/13 8:35 AM
Frank Mir Cat

I think his reputation and Pierce's reaction cost him 50k. You watch in real time from the time the ref jumps in until he releases, its about one second.

You could argue Stun Gun was unsportsmanlike as well, and they aren't taking his money.
10/10/13 8:37 AM
Megatherium
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
10/10/13 8:39 AM
Megatherium
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frank Mir Cat - I think his reputation and Pierce's reaction cost him 50k. You watch in real time from the time the ref jumps in until he releases, its about one second.

You could argue Stun Gun was unsportsmanlike as well, and they aren't taking his money.

Of course, that's just brain damage. Nobody cares about it.
10/10/13 8:39 AM
Lazer MMA

ender852 -  I didn't think it looked bad, the ref should a grabbed palhares and not the victim of the sub. Seems more like bad reffing to me Phone Post

Palhares took too long to let go clearly but at the same time we're talking about less than two seconds from the point the ref jumped in (improperly not on Palhares yes - which must factor in this too agreed). At the end of the day Palhares is getting punished for this AND PRIOR actions too.

I don't believe any other fighter in the UFC loses a SOTN bonus except him.
10/10/13 8:40 AM
BenBJJ
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I heel hooked a guy in a street fight. It sounded awesome and felt great as his knee ripped apart. I didn't want to stop but it twisted as far as it could. I understand how Paul Harris feels. It's quite the rush.
10/10/13 8:47 AM
Lazer MMA

BenBJJ - I heel hooked a guy in a street fight. It sounded awesome and felt great as his knee ripped apart. I didn't want to stop but it twisted as far as it could. I understand how Paul Harris feels. It's quite the rush.

VTFD

Grow TF up. You don't do more damage then you must even as you have an obligation to try to avoid combat if possible and respect health and life. Did you like the video when the mentally challenged guy was beaten near death in the dojo? Did it give those guys a rush?

10/10/13 8:49 AM
JDV
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm pretty sure Paul Harris is really Blanca. He is a savage. Phone Post
10/10/13 8:52 AM
tdotguy

Edited: 10/10/13 9:05 AM
Seriously whoever edits the front page of mma.tv should re-evaluate what you are tasked with here. I mean if you are going to take on the responsibility of maintaining the front page of one of the largest MMA news sites around then take it seriously. I dont have enough fingers on either of my hands to count how many times you have posted news articles littered with errors and at times just totally inaccurate summaries of other articles.

A few weeks ago you surmised an article written by a Yahoo sports reporter and you some how managed to write another story completely stating GSP was the LW champ in the UFC, I mean really? Come on, step your game up.
10/10/13 8:53 AM
glasscasket
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lazer MMA - 
ender852 -  I didn't think it looked bad, the ref should a grabbed palhares and not the victim of the sub. Seems more like bad reffing to me Phone Post

Palhares took too long to let go clearly but at the same time we're talking about less than two seconds from the point the ref jumped in (improperly not on Palhares yes - which must factor in this too agreed). At the end of the day Palhares is getting punished for this AND PRIOR actions too.

I don't believe any other fighter in the UFC loses a SOTN bonus except him.

The problem is that extra crank when the ref tries to stop it. Completely uncalled for.

Also, you should be punished for your prior actions if you continue to do the same shit. He's either too stupid to follow the rules or just decides not to do so. Either way, I think they should cut him.
10/10/13 8:55 AM
baj54

He has a past history of this to start with both in and out of the UFC. He wrecked one of the avellan brothers knee during a bjj competition awhile back. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.