UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Crazy kneebar sub at Brasil Fight 7 tonight. (GIF)

10/14/13 12:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Anvil Armbar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I get this quite a bit actually, but for me it usually comes from bottom deep half guard, reach one arm through his legs and grab your other arm that comes from around his hip, pull him directly on top of you, your ankles should be on his ankles (the way I was shown), and then arch your hips. I never got it from the top though, which is where I see it done most often, and just started working on it.

This works really well for me against guys with longer thinner legs, but not against opponents who have thick tree trunk legs (it tends to gas you out going for it). When they roll to the side to defend, it gets even tighter!

I think I saw it on a video by Dave Terrell once, and then had my BJJ instructor show me how to do it (he knows everything.... seriously).
10/14/13 3:44 AM
Roy Batty
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slick!
10/14/13 10:56 AM
mikecornille

The craziest part is this guy tapped to that technique!
10/14/13 11:17 AM
Naderhood
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OGer Mat Santos does this and has caught me in it. Pretty nifty move. I think it's hard to catch somebody but if you go for it you don't hVe to land it, you can use it to pass or sweep Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 12:07 PM
caposa
1701 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mikecornille - The craziest part is this guy tapped to that technique!

Do you not see his knee hyperextended in the wrong direction?

10/14/13 12:09 PM
Mighty Cthulhu
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very legit and nasty move. A lot of Gokor guys are great with it; I've trained the move with them. Oli Geddes also hits it all the time.

Key point is you gotta get low on the leg and gable grip the ass, then drive the hips forward off that figure 4 lock on the ankle. Will he tap? Oh hell yes, he will tap.

Funny thing is when you see this hit in competition most people have no idea what happened, there is so little movement between what looks like a regular half guard and then the guy is tapping furiously.
10/14/13 12:11 PM
Stephen_Carnes
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet, glad to see someone pull off something like that. Shows there are more ways to do subs than most people think of.
10/14/13 12:15 PM
pennviachoke
1117 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whoa Phone Post
10/14/13 12:26 PM
ChrisBJJ
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bernardo Faria caught Marcelo in this in one of their training sessions on Mginaction
10/14/13 12:59 PM
The Loge
878 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy submission! Really cool to see it utilized in MMA! My instructor has shown several set ups for that same kneebar! Very cool! Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 3:54 PM
The Loge
878 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ -

What the hell is a Kneebah?  Anyway, if were at are talking about a KNEEBAR, then that thechnique was a fluke.  I don't see it ever happening again, in training or otherwise.

Lol
King of white belts IMO! Phone Post 3.0
10/14/13 4:46 PM
Justin Garcia

My favorite sub.

10/14/13 5:50 PM
Sprawl'n'Stall
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is awesome... but made me cringe. Ouch!

I still remember the bad gut feeling I had when Kevin Randelman wouldn't tap when Shogun had him in the kneebar. I felt the same watching this one, but wow, amazing sub no doubt.

10/14/13 6:10 PM
Kneeblock
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ghidorah - That hold is on a ton of videos. I first saw it on the Oleg Taktavov Sambo vhs set. Waaaaayy back.

Bingo. UGer Andreh Anderson was getting his legs destroyed by this move years ago.

10/14/13 10:25 PM
The Loge

KingofBJJ -
The Loge - 
KingofBJJ -

What the hell is a Kneebah?  Anyway, if were at are talking about a KNEEBAR, then that thechnique was a fluke.  I don't see it ever happening again, in training or otherwise.

Lol

You are right.  I suck. In fact come on down to the gym and sign a waiver to challenge me. I am sure it would be an easy victory for you.

I'm not saying you suck! In fact, I suck! I'm just saying that the fact that this technique was pulled off in an MMA fight, is utilized by several grapplers and fighters who posted in this thread, and has been caught by people in training as well as in competitions means that it certainly is not a "fluke."

Kisses! Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 1:13 AM
catgobling

sub
10/15/13 12:07 PM
Ninja Tea Party

It's a cool sub but I was shown this whilst I was still a white belt!
10/15/13 12:59 PM
reverend john
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my favorite sub, get people with it all the time from top and bottom

rev
10/15/13 1:20 PM
emu67

Was shown this by Penha years ago. Never got anyone with it. Guess my belly got in the way. Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 1:36 PM
Naderhood
809 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ -
The Loge - 
KingofBJJ -

Lol

You are right.  I suck. In fact come on down to the gym and sign a waiver to challenge me. I am sure it would be an easy victory for you.

I've caught several purple belts with it. It does work and works well. Black Belt UG/OGer Mat Santos nails it all the time. Only thing that makes it hard to do is if you aren't wearing a cup, then you have to decide how bad you want to finish it. Phone Post 3.0
10/15/13 1:42 PM
The Loge

Naderhood -
KingofBJJ -
The Loge - 
KingofBJJ -

Lol

I've caught several purple belts with it. It does work and works well. Black Belt UG/OGer Mat Santos nails it all the time. Only thing that makes it hard to do is if you aren't wearing a cup, then you have to decide how bad you want to finish it. Phone Post 3.0
Twas a fluke bro. You're talking to the king of BJJ don't you know? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.