UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Primetime didn't do JDS any favors IMO

10/17/13 4:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMAologist
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He came off bitter, smug, and a bit arrogant. He and his coaches just spitting out excuse after excuse made it hard to watch. I respected JDS before, but don't really feel the same about him anymore.

Made Cain look more down to earth and relatable. Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 4:57 PM
Card
1977 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/17/13 5:00 PM
sacredhate
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i thought it was funny that one of his insults was: "he didn't finish me".

I like JDS but when you get man handled for 25 minutes and then say "loser couldn't even knock me out"....it sounds like an argument a 5 year old would make.
10/17/13 5:01 PM
Card
1977 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

10/17/13 5:06 PM
MMAologist
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sacredhate - i thought it was funny that one of his insults was: "he didn't finish me".

I like JDS but when you get man handled for 25 minutes and then say "loser couldn't even knock me out"....it sounds like an argument a 5 year old would make.
That was one of them. How is that even an insult? Cain looks tired of dealing with him. When they first fought their respect for one another was admirable. Now that JFD isn't as quick to give it back, Cain seems irritated and even more driven. He didn't look scared at all to me. Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 5:13 PM
cdnz0mbieopc
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He seems like one of those guys who shuts off the Nintendo right when you're about to beat him
10/17/13 5:16 PM
shaqitup
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah its seemed like it for a year or 2, pretty much ever since he became champ and really got shot into the limelight.

He went from "the nicest guy in the universe", to seeming a little fake.

saying frank mir "isn't a man".

Now saying Cain "punches like a girl"

Also the endless excuses.

10/17/13 5:18 PM
MMAologist

shaqitup -

yeah its seemed like it for a year or 2, pretty much ever since he became champ and really got shot into the limelight.

He went from "the nicest guy in the universe", to seeming a little fake.

saying frank mir "isn't a man".

Now saying Cain "punches like a girl"

Also the endless excuses.

I forgot about the Mir quote. That one had me thinking that his head was getting big. I feel that his ego may en up being his downfall. Because we all have seen him crush people (Cain included) Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 5:20 PM
MMALOGIC
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

excuses?  that's just being brazilian.

10/17/13 5:20 PM
fraz1001
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agree he didn't come across well on prime time

Cain is a gentleman and a BEAST Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 5:21 PM
DoomFarmer
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Plenty of his bandwagoners rehash that "But he didn't even finish him!!1" shit and it drives me nuts.

He has been really dismissive of Cain, IMO, but I guess as long as he acts like Balki from "perfect Strangers" with the big grin and broken english people will buy the nice guy act.
10/17/13 5:23 PM
FoluFam

Card -

Shut up OP. JDS is only being honest and expressing his point of view.

Cain in primetime seemed very 'normal'. Like Anderson Silva 'normal'. I personally hope and would bet JDS to win via KO simply because the MMA Gods will it to be. Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 5:27 PM
shaqitup
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that 2 hour time difference must have him super jet lagged

10/17/13 5:41 PM
BoondockJOSH
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He is not acting like a winner he is acting like he is scared and I am a fan Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 5:43 PM
warrendale

The John Wayne reference won him so fans over 45 and the look on his face when he sees the phone with the pic with him in the cowboy hat was priceless. He was all like "I'm putting this on as a joke." Then he was like "damn I look good". Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 5:47 PM
eXtv
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kazp306 -  Well if jds doesnt get rocked 2 minutes into the fight like last time and spend 4.5 rounds recovering, I think he can beat Cain. But thats just my opinion. Phone Post

I thought Cain was winning pretty decisively before the big punch to be honest though. I watched it the other day for the first time since I saw it live and you can't really say at any point of the fight before the big right hand that Cain wasn't winning.

He was backing Junior up, outlanding him on the feet with good, if a little basic combinations and a stiff jab and of course took him down quite a few times.
10/17/13 6:53 PM
TwoCanVanneDamne
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought they both came across as ok. As expected really Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 7:26 PM
MMArijuana

Later Phone Post
10/17/13 7:32 PM
Calebcb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ya never got me down, Ray. Ya never got me down.
10/17/13 7:45 PM
ChrisWeidmanedmydiameter
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AdmiralCackbar - "I like JDS but when you get man handled for 25 minutes and then say "loser couldn't even knock me out"....it sounds like an argument a 5 year old would make."

Or Nick Diaz... same thing. Phone Post
Dude, there was an insider in his camp Phone Post
10/17/13 7:58 PM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man.. always had JDS in these fights.. not any more. Cain will smash this Hollywood Jr.

10/17/13 8:02 PM
JamesPowell
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sacredhate - i thought it was funny that one of his insults was: "he didn't finish me".

^ Phone Post 3.0
10/17/13 8:03 PM
MMA Playwright
697 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Card - 

Good thing it wasn't an eight rounder.
10/17/13 9:03 PM
Jake95
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still think he's an awesome fighter and person, just a sore loser.

The excuses are humorous and disrepectful, but you can definitely tell he's passionate about what he does...

WhiteKnight.jpg

10/17/13 9:08 PM
malryan

Well he and his team are going to need to come up with a few more excuses after this weekend. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.