UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> are gifs not allowed anymore?

10/21/13 12:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
darwinsmunky
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn that's some petty shit.
10/21/13 12:10 PM
ChucoV
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stea1th -
BravoPUA - I've scanned multiple threads and haven't seen an official response about this from a red name.

Horrible way to handle this.

Much like when I was banned for complaining about the ads on the iPhone app.

Not having a clear policy that is consistent just pisses off your members who have also been customers. Phone Post 3.0

This was the only comment I could find about it so far.

Booooooo MMA.TV Boooooooooo Phone Post
10/21/13 12:12 PM
ChucoV
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jar of flies - lol, oh well. reddit.com/r/mma and i'll have them on twitter @internetican
That's what I don't understand. How come Reddit can show them, but the UG can't? Phone Post
10/21/13 12:15 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChucoV -
jar of flies - lol, oh well. reddit.com/r/mma and i'll have them on twitter @internetican
That's what I don't understand. How come Reddit can show them, but the UG can't? Phone Post
Reddit is harder to track down whose in charge I think Phone Post
10/21/13 12:18 PM
BravoPUA
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stea1th -
BravoPUA - I've scanned multiple threads and haven't seen an official response about this from a red name.

Horrible way to handle this.

Much like when I was banned for complaining about the ads on the iPhone app.

Not having a clear policy that is consistent just pisses off your members who have also been customers. Phone Post 3.0

This was the only comment I could find about it so far.

Multiple gifs of UFC in news section in site and app.

So OK for them to post then, after members make then, but NOT ok for members to post in a thread.

Makes perfect sense! Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 12:18 PM
darwinsmunky

I wonder how much it cost to buy this website
10/21/13 12:24 PM
Stea1th

SMH Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 1:02 PM
6ULDV8

Wow man, just wow.

RIP UG.  It's been a helluva run though.

RIP

10/21/13 1:08 PM
caseharts
402 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugilistics MMA
The ufc has to be putting pressure on them. Same happened to bloody elbow Phone Post
10/21/13 1:08 PM
michaelkaras
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...? its like they're intentionally trying to drive users away.

jar of flies - you're the man. in a sea of a million usernames on here, yours is one i always remember for your contributions
10/21/13 1:15 PM
6ULDV8

Would people say that the UFC clamping down on their intellectual property has helped or hurt them in the past few years?

I'd say it's definitely hurt them and will continue to do so.

Lookoutawhale's videos used to be amazing, but he doesn't bother anymore because Zuffa makes a claim against him on Youtube as soon as he puts out a new one.

Zuffa, go ahead and keep it so secret no one finds out about it.  

Good luck with that.

10/21/13 1:17 PM
DirtyLickinsBrah
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just got here and nothing but bad shit is happening to this site.
Feel bad for u blue namers.....ima be a mudder for life. Phone Post
10/21/13 1:36 PM
jaytrainwreck
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be on reddit a lot more now. Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 2:33 PM
BravoPUA
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caseharts - The ufc has to be putting pressure on them. Same happened to bloody elbow Phone Post
That I can understand.

But at least communicate with the members why.

Also hypocritical to post in news section after deleting posts by members who did the same.

They are beholden to $ and sponsors, and the members who made this site are treated like shit.

Great way to run a forum! Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 2:58 PM
Stea1th

Personally if that's the new rule it's fine, It would of just been nice to be told something instead of cherry picking posts.

Not to mention the blog using other members gifs for their own.

It sucks if they are no longer allowed, just some info on the rule and clarity would be nice. Phone Post 3.0
10/21/13 9:32 PM
disbeliever
334 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
BravoPUA - 
caseharts - The ufc has to be putting pressure on them. Same happened to bloody elbow Phone Post
That I can understand.

Also hypocritical to post in news section after deleting posts by members who did the same.

They are beholden to $ and sponsors, and the members who made this site are treated like shit.

You really do love to try and stir the pot, don't you?

Information was requested from the UFC as to details about what is and isn't allowed. A statement will come after that information is gathered.
10/22/13 11:07 AM
6ULDV8

Until then, all threads enquiring about it will promptly moved to the 'What if' forum.

Awesome

10/22/13 11:32 AM
Tinerrz

disbeliever -
BravoPUA - 
That I can understand.

Information was requested from the UFC as to details about what is and isn't allowed. A statement will come after that information is gathered.
Maybe you as a mod can explain why member's gifs are removed but then the UG's own news blog is using those same gifs - on the front page no less? Phone Post 3.0
10/22/13 11:44 AM
BravoPUA

Tinerrz -
disbeliever -
BravoPUA - 
That I can understand.

Maybe you as a mod can explain why member's gifs are removed but then the UG's own news blog is using those same gifs - on the front page no less? Phone Post 3.0
I'm not going to comment on this again.

Last time when I spearheaded the iPhone app ads ( where they were adding ads to the iPhone app I paid for) and was told it was only for 1 weekend. Then when they were back and made a thread about it and kept bumping it.

I was banned and all my posts were deleted.

Including my posts in the epic POF thread that has over 300,000 views and got many OGers laid.

So to help all them and the future guys can't risk me getting banned again.

Been spending too much time around here as it is. Need to remember how they treated me before and not add so much value to a site that treats it's members like that... Phone Post 3.0
10/24/13 1:37 AM
Lux Fixxins

SecretSeraphim - EXPLAIN YOURSELVES! Phone Post 3.0
I can sum it up for you ....

"You're an sucker for buying a blue name". Phone Post 3.0
10/27/13 6:21 PM
time traveling 12er
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This may be part of a larger push from content owners. Youtube just announced they're going to remove all video game footage that wasn't uploaded by the creator of the video game. That's just crazy.
10/27/13 6:36 PM
Stea1th

I don't understand why game companies or publishers would want their footage off?
Unless they are mad that people are making YouTube money off it. In which case a lot of youtubers are going to be out on money because these corporate fucks Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.